• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon MysticAurelian Version

LaDestitute

Razor Sharp
Years
(Junnin, and such is credited to MagesPages as these are originally his ideas.)
I'm working on a Pokemon FireRed Version rom hack named Pokemon MysticAurelian Version based off of the artwork of MagesPages (later known as PokePages). A gallery of his stuff can be seen here: ( http://imgur.com/a/mdQMp#0 and here: http://imgur.com/a/mJ8hT#6 )
Screenshots below, and please excuse the poor quality of some of the gallery art, MagesPages took down his art a few years ago for no known reason and it's now scattered all over the internet.
As for anybody wondering about the rights of my usage of his art, he hasn't been around for years. He disappeared around 2008-2009, removed all of his art from his old dA account (aside from the 500x500 pieces scattered around the internet), deactivated his newer dA account, and even shut down his email listed on his new dA account (you get an "invalid recipent" and such), so I'm pretty much in the clear. He is getting entirely full credit for his work being the base of a rom hack, of course.

Basic synopsis of MysticArelian Version
*Is set in a new region named Junnin, with +70 new Pokemon. The region's Pokemon designs is somewhat influenced by Australia.
*The professor's name is Pine, who works in a wild-life reserve and studies Pokemon ecology. Instead of the hero/herione and their rival getting their starter Pokemon from Pokeballs, they instead have hatched from Pokemon eggs and start out at level 1.
*The three starter Pokemon are the Small-Leaf Pokemon Eucuwala (A highly social green koala bear Pokemon, with physical oriented stats), the Swinging Pokemon Kindlemur (An agile lemur Pokemon, with speed/special oriented stats), and the Fin Pokemon Dimetrus (An aquatic dimetrodon Pokemon, with physical and special defensive oriented stats).
*The main villainous team of the region is named Team Zodiac, and aside from grunts, spies, and scientists, is split into 12 sub-admins based off of the western zodiac and a main admin, based and named after Ophiuchus. They are after the legendary Pokemon Orakey, said to hold all of the absolute truths and answers to the universe. The sub-admins appearances, personalities, and type speciality (if any) are based off of their respective zodiacs.

Screenshots
Hero's%20Room.PNG
Charge%20Town.png
Amythist%20Town-Small.PNG

Professor%20Pine's%20Lab.PNG
Route%201.png
Amythist%20Town%20Gym.PNG

Feshea%20Desert.png
Mt%20Everquart-Small.PNG

Sprites (some are poorer quality because some have already been indexed)
Professor Pine
Aiden (Hero)
Eucuwala back sprites
Kindlemur back sprites
Dimetrus back sprites
Orakey (mascot/main legendary)
Aromutt (F) front sprite
Aromutt (M) front sprite
Baybolt front sprite

FAQ
Q; How big is Junnin's regional Pokedex, to be precise, counting fakemon only and both Fakemon and Pokemon?
A: If you count Fakemon only, it's about 81 new Pokemon. Both Fakemon and real Pokemon? Comes about to around 121 Pokemon so far, give or take a couple.

Q: When you do expect a two gym demo?
A: Soonest? A couple of weeks if I work non-stop and have an...erratic sleep schedule. Realistically? A month, maybe two. I like to iron out as many bugs as possible.

Q: What existing Pokemon will you include in the regional dex?
A: That's going to be a surprise! I'm considering some but most requests I've gotten aren't too specific and are too general. If I do choose to include a handful of them, some weaker ones will see moveset and base stat changes, to make them more useful!

Progress
Charge Town: 100% (just have to do scripting/finishing touches)
Route 1: 100% (mapped, but not completely finished)
Wild-life Reserve: 100%
Amythist Town (first badge, Bug): 100%
Route 2: 0%
Un-named desert area: 25% (remapping)
Everquart Mountain: 75%
Everquart Peak City (second badge, Flying): 0%

Credits
Nintendo & Gamefreak: For Pokemon and Pokemon Firered Version
MagesPages/Pokepages: For the artwork this concept is based upon
Matt-Criston: Eucuwala, Kindlemur, and Dimetrus front sprites
Godothat: Aromutt M front sprite (as a base)
Poke-7: Aromutt F front sprite (as a base)

Poll, input desired!
Spoiler:

Starter Stats (input desired)
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
Glad to see it's finally here.

All looks good but;
Amythist%20Town-Small.PNG
The upper houses here look weird, pallete wise, did something go wrong inserting them?

Mr. Black

Master Of Reality
Years
Sounds intresting . Though I don't like the "new" pokemon thing . I'd prefer if you sticked with the original 386 ones. Also the trainers OW looks a bit weird.Everything else is good.

Last edited:

nomi1993a

Nauman Nasir
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 13, 2013
You should add deino and axew as well. . . Considering iam a dragon type lover.

LaDestitute

Razor Sharp
Years
Sorry for the lack of updates, recently. I'm on a different computer and my situation lately has been...hectic. No fast internet connection (at least until now! :D), Windows XP being annoying, my main computer with Windows 7 is fried (but not broken, it's fixable, it's just a bad PSU unit), and a little bit depressed over losing a friend last week, to sum up some of the business lately.

@Gam3r: All I can say about the new Pokemon is that they are here to stay, since this is based off of someone else's work.
@ROBO-BOY: My choices of what to include is limited. A large chunk is reserved due to pre-existing Pokemon getting new evos or pre-evos, and some are automatically included because they just...click/make total sense to include.

Anyhow, I'm deciding on what Pokemon should go into the last 30 slots and so far, I have:

#123: Scyther (Bug/Flying)*1
#212: Scizor (Bug/Steel)*1
#285: Shroomish (Grass)
#286: Breloom (Grass/Fighting)
#618: Stunfisk (Electric/Ground)
#222: Corsola (Water/Rock)
#328: Trapinch (Ground)*2
#329: Vibrava (Ground/Dragon)*2
#330: Flygon (Ground/Dragon)*2
#333: Swablu (Normal/Flying)
#334: Altaria (Dragon/Flying)
#041: Zubat (Poison/Flying)
#042: Golbat (Poison/Flying)
#169: Crobat (Poison/Flying)
#167: Spinarak (Bug/Poison)
#168: Ariados (Bug/Poison)
#355: Duskull (Ghost)
#356: Dusclops (Ghost)
#477: Dusknoir (Ghost)
#562: Yamask (Ghost)
#563: Cofagrigus (Ghost)
#218: Slugma (Fire)
#219: Magcargo (Fire/Rock)
#228: Houndour (Dark/Fire)
#229: Houndoom (Dark/Fire)
#324: Torkoal (Fire)
#170: Chinchou (Water/Electric)
#171: Lanturn (Water/Electric)
#179: Mareep (Electric)
#180: Flaaffy (Electric)
#181: Ampharos (Electric)

*1: Scyther/Scizor or Yanma/Yanmega?
*2: Trapinch/Vibrava/Flygon or Axew/Fraxure/Haxorus?
*3: I'm tempted to replace Chinchou/Lantern with Pikachu/Raichu, just cause...you know, Pikachu. :D
*4: I'm trying to stay budgeted here with my selection. I'm going for 2 Bug type Pokemon, 2 Fighting type Pokemon, 1 Ground type Pokemon, 1 Rock type Pokemon, 5 Dragon type Pokemon, 5 Poison type Pokemon, 5 Ghost type Pokemon, 5 Fire type Pokemon, and 5 Electric type Pokemon, all based on the type distribution for the regional dex (so far), and what types are most common/rarest. It's below, if you're curious. It counts both single type and dual type Pokemon.

Flying: 19
Grass: 18
Water: 17
Normal: 16
Psychic: 16
Ice: 14
Dark: 13
Steel: 10
Bug: 10
Fighting: 11
Ground: 11
Rock: 11
Ghost: 7
Fire: 5
Electric: 5
Poison: 0

LaDestitute

Razor Sharp
Years
!Update!

I pretty much stayed up all night from last night until 2 PM to catch up on some work with the rom hack as I should have been done with this by now, but couldn't due to how busy I was lately. Then I...took a nap.

Feshea%20Desert.png

Feshea Desert (placeholder name, I can't remember the name I wanted instead to use) is an area east of Amythist Town. It always has a sandstorm raging through it and you'll will need the Go-Goggles to traverse through the desert. There is an oasis, and a sunken ruins similar to the Ruins of Alph, but that's not immediately accessible. Aside from Trapinch, the Pokemon available in the desert are Tuttby (Psychic type, a sphinx kitty Pokemon) and Coyoco (Fire type, a feisty coyote Pokemon).

Feshea%20Desert-Large.png

Years
You could walk through that desert without encountering any Pokémon, and the map, in general, lacks direction - while it does look like a realistic desert, I don't think it serves well as a Pokémon map.

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
I agree with Spherical Ice here.
The desert ;acks direction, if you were going for a rl perspective, then the map should be alot bigger, to allow the player to get lost, as one would irl.

Years
  • Seen Oct 16, 2021
The ttree on your map are a bit odd IMO. Their shape doesn't look like a real tree. Also, like all tree are one behind another, it gives a very linear shape to the forest. I would suggest putting some in diagonal to break this linear effect

LaDestitute

Razor Sharp
Years
Due to the advice given on the desert map, I'm deciding to remap it later, after a few more maps that need to be done.

Anyhow, I've finished the mapping for the inside of Everquart Mountain (Mt. Everquart in-game). Interesting trivia: I used a random d20 dungeon generator to make the layout for both of the floors.

Mt%20Everquart%20%281F-2F%29.png

LaDestitute

Razor Sharp
Years
It's alive!

So sorry for the lack of updates. I've been lately battling with sleeping problems/health problems, aside from a two week long bout of depression (maybe three week long, I think). I'm feeling a lot better now, and I've gotten back into the swing of things.

Onto the actual subject, here is the second gym city, Everquart Peak City (it has to be shortened to Everquart City due to in-game location name character limits). The second badge is the Peak Badge, a Flying type gym. On another note, a two gym demo may not be out for a long while, merely because I really want to polish the demo for best quality possible.

Everquart%20City-Large.png

LaDestitute

Razor Sharp
Years
No, I'm not dead or anything! I'm incredibly sorry for the horrendous three month delay between updates. The actual reason was that I got lazy and didn't really do any romhacking work, but I wasn't in the mood either. Since Pokemon X & Y is just a month and a half away or so, I got back into the mood!

Better late than never, right?

Also...

I also needed to focus more on my life and school, I have to admit. Seriously.

I know it ain't much, almost all of the tiles are default, and it looks a little hacked together like some poorly done DIY project, but here is Everquart City Gym! The gym leader's name is Cliff, and he specializes in Flying types! It's kind of ice themed, because the city is at the summit of a mountain, and it tends to snow a lot. The player will be pushed into a cavern basement from the icy tiles on 1F, and they'll have to press switches on 2F to create tiles on the ice that will keep them on the right track towards Cliff. It's recently been on my mind but I should probably make it a full ice floor, eh?

Everquart%20City%20Gym%20F1.png

Winter Wonderland

Puts the fun in dysfunctional
Years
The cave maps you have contain tile errors along the lower borders of the mountain tiles. You're using it as if it's placed on sand instead of cave floor.

Also, there's something about these palettes that just... irks me. Like, I feel as if none of them match with each other. However, I do like the mountain palette for some reason.

Keep on keepin' on.

Back