• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Staff Feedback Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Well, I've tried to hold back and do not worry this is not going to be rude. Why do you staff fell like attacking me? Is it for laughs and stuff? I am really tired of it. And I can't do anything about it. I have proof, but you guys just ignore it. I mean I don't care if you bully me and attack me, I've been attacked my whole life. But, this is to far. I am really trying not to get past nine infraction points (because I'm at 8 right now). I'm just posting then you all attack me. The only mods that are nice to me is Gimmepie and Rikaadventure. I just want you all to stop attacking me and I will stop being mad at you. Deal?

I'm a staff member and I don't believe we've had any prior interactions. Why don't you shoot me a PM/VM some time? I'm happy to just talk with you about normal stuff just to show that staff members aren't "out to get you". So why not try to be friends? :)

I'm reaching out my hand to you, please take it.

Years
I remember we've had some staff in the past who had a prior infraction that was usually only minor (Matt/El Heroe I believe that was you) so not everyone is perfect and as I learned it definitely doesn't rule you out of staff contention, especially if the incident happened a long time ago and was likely forgotten by now.

And like Chase and Klippy said, the staff are definitely not out to get you. The only reason you're getting these infractions is because they are seeing you break rules. Just remember, there's always room for you to improve yourself because I once went through the same thing.

Just remember that while I may not be a staff member (at least at the moment), I'm always here if you want to talk.

I'm so HM02

Banned
Years
I really wish you'd stop accusing people of attacking you without any evidence of such. You often times assume moderators are "out to get you" when in reality it is you who is making snarky comments about the staff here , calling us out for no reason, and making us look like the bad guy when we have done nothing but try and help you. If you are mad about what happened in the Treehouse thread you either need to 1.) avoid that forum or 2.) learn how to take a joke. If no one liked you here, no one would be taking the time to help you(which MANY of us have gone out of our way to do.) I get that you had a bad experience with staff on another forum but that does not mean that everyone is like that and it doesn't give you the right to try and make all of us look bad.

You are being rude to me. Don't attack me.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
Years
So just to clarify a few things. If you have a problem with a member of staff, please report it to the appropriate higher authority. We do not target members and we certainly do not attack anyone. We distribute infractions accordingly and with purpose; not as a means of torturing or taunting any member. We respect everyone equally and hope, in turn, you will respect the established rules.

Thanks.

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
Years
(When I say community, I mean the community in the ROMHacking subforum, not PokeCommunity at large.)

I'm quoting the part of my post that airs criticisms of the ROMHacking modteam from the Homepage discussion thread. I cut out the part about lumping us in with Fangames, but if our modteam had any say in that decision, that grievance still stands here.

I am concerned that no one who actually frequents ROMHacking will see this post and thus it will not spark a discussion about the moderation and the role the community should play in how our section should be handled. Many of us never venture out of the ROMHacking sections, and when we do we certainly don't end up here. I would like the fact that the staff feedback is done away from the eyes of the relevant subforums addressed and perhaps have a specific thread for staff feedback for our modteam allowed in the ROMHacking section so there is a greater discussion about what is and isn't working with how the section is moderated. Because the ROMHacking section is among the most active and biggest parts of PokeCommunity, and the unique self-isolation to that section many of us impose upon ourselves, I don't think that having a special thread in the ROMHacking section for this (where members of our community will actually see it) is unreasonable. Please do not skip over this concern when replying to this, as I think it is imperative that we, as a community, have the opportunity to discuss these things in active and relevant threads that the community will actually be aware of.

Again, I'll ping our modteam so that they see this and can actually reply to it now that this line of discussion is in the appropriate place.
...how many times are we going to reshuffle the ROMHacking sections? We're obviously not going to find an ideal if we haven't found one in this many iterations. What is the actual endgame goal with messing with it? Where was the input from the community on both merging us with Fangames and changing the Scrapbox/Beginner's Lounge/Launchpad again? At this point, you might as well just scatter the various ROMHacking subforums around randomly and abolish the rules in each of them, as much of the original intent of the individual subforums has been whittled away or bastardized over the years diminishing their overall usefulness and usability greatly.

I hate to say this, but while our mods (in the ROMHacking subforum) are great people and fun to have around, they make for poor mods. Sorry guys, you know I love you all, but enough is enough. I've gotta criticize how the ROMHacking section has been run for the past few years. It's just a ton of unnecessary and demonstrably disruptive reshuffles, an easing of the rules which contributes to the low-quality of posts, and a disregard for community feedback (when asking for feedback before making changes even occurs to the modteam). The fact that our mods seem to be all in Europe also hurts the ROMHacking section, as we have no one moderating during primetime in the Americas, leaving trolling and poor etiquette (or simply misplaced posts) to sit for hours before being noticed and dealt with. RichterSnipes' Firered Throwback thread is a testament to this. Those troll posts sat for hours, and were frequent enough and disruptive enough that he requested the thread be closed for a time. I'm not saying instant action by the mods is expected in these situations, but the distribution of the modteam leaves much to be desired. Even one mod in the Americas would've been able to deal with that much more quickly and perhaps RichterSnipes wouldn't've felt that his only recourse was to take matters in his own hands and have the thread closed when the modteam repeatedly failed him.

But seriously, what good has the current modteam done other than sometimes running the events that we've always had? I can't think of one change that they've made that has made a positive impact on me or on the community at large, or one original/unique event that they've started that has had any staying power. You might be able to count the Community Hack, but that literally took years to materialize and it remains to be seen if it will be successful. They don't even keep the subforum rules updated, so nobody knows when they suddenly decide that double-posting is okay, or loosen the requirements for posting certain things in certain forums, or even who to contact for help. I mean, the Research and Development subforum still has a link to Christos in its rules (which is dead, by the way). I don't even know if Christos is still around, since a bunch of the mods around the community abuse their name change privileges and it's impossible to keep tabs on who's who after multiple, multiple name changes unless you go back through their post history and remember a different name posting that.

And I don't want this post to sit and not make the mods aware that I have made these criticisms, so I'm going to ping them in this spoiler. Again, love you guys as people, and I regret that it's come to the point where I have to air these grievances with the jobs you've done, but it's gotta come out.

Also, I had no idea who Gust or colors was at first glance. Name changes should be more restrictive for mods than regular/supporter users. They need name recognition and a sense of continuity within the subforums they moderate.

EDIT: Just realized that itari/Hopeless Masquerade/colors is in Ohio. Perhaps there are just too few mods on regularly during American primetime.

Last edited:
Years
(When I say community, I mean the community in the ROMHacking subforum, not PokeCommunity at large.)

I'm quoting the part of my post that airs criticisms of the ROMHacking modteam from the Homepage discussion thread. I cut out the part about lumping us in with Fangames, but if our modteam had any say in that decision, that grievance still stands here.

I am concerned that no one who actually frequents ROMHacking will see this post and thus it will not spark a discussion about the moderation and the role the community should play in how our section should be handled. Many of us never venture out of the ROMHacking sections, and when we do we certainly don't end up here. I would like the fact that the staff feedback is done away from the eyes of the relevant subforums addressed and perhaps have a specific thread for staff feedback for our modteam allowed in the ROMHacking section so there is a greater discussion about what is and isn't working with how the section is moderated. Because the ROMHacking section is among the most active and biggest parts of PokeCommunity, and the unique self-isolation to that section many of us impose upon ourselves, I don't think that having a special thread in the ROMHacking section for this (where members of our community will actually see it) is unreasonable. Please do not skip over this concern when replying to this, as I think it is imperative that we, as a community, have the opportunity to discuss these things in active and relevant threads that the community will actually be aware of.

Again, I'll ping our modteam so that they see this and can actually reply to it now that this line of discussion is in the appropriate place.
Spoiler:

EDIT: Just realized that itari/Hopeless Masquerade/colors is in Ohio. Perhaps there are just too few mods on regularly during American primetime.

Just a quick reply to address the idea of a dedicated Staff Feedback thread in ROM Hacking: why have a feedback thread dedicated to feedback on the people themselves in an area they can moderate?

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
Years
Just a quick reply to address the idea of a dedicated Staff Feedback thread in ROM Hacking: why have a feedback thread dedicated to feedback on the people themselves in an area they can moderate?

I trust that the modteam won't censor the posts and whatnot. I bring it up because there are a ton of people who never venture out of ROMHacking and will not see this and thus not have their voices heard.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
I notice that the Game Development section (or rather, the two sub-sections it now is) now has five moderators, rather than the one it had previously. I didn't see an announcement about these extra appointments, nor has the quality of moderation in Game Dev improved at all (it'd be noticeable if it did).

I can therefore only assume this is a matter of wonky moderating permissions caused by the recent reshuffling of the forum. The extra four people are, I presume, all ROM Hacking mods who somehow gained permission to moderate Game Dev; meanwhile, the moderator of Game Dev has no such permission to moderate any of the ROM Hacking sections.

It's been a month now. Maybe no one noticed this imbalance/outright mistake, maybe no one cared enough to fix it (neither possibility reflects well on the staff). I can't believe it was intentional, given the incredibly minimal overlap between the two disciplines. When is it going to be rectified?

Klippy

L E G E N D of
Years
I notice that the Game Development section (or rather, the two sub-sections it now is) now has five moderators, rather than the one it had previously. I didn't see an announcement about these extra appointments, nor has the quality of moderation in Game Dev improved at all (it'd be noticeable if it did).

I can therefore only assume this is a matter of wonky moderating permissions caused by the recent reshuffling of the forum. The extra four people are, I presume, all ROM Hacking mods who somehow gained permission to moderate Game Dev; meanwhile, the moderator of Game Dev has no such permission to moderate any of the ROM Hacking sections.

It's been a month now. Maybe no one noticed this imbalance/outright mistake, maybe no one cared enough to fix it (neither possibility reflects well on the staff). I can't believe it was intentional, given the incredibly minimal overlap between the two disciplines. When is it going to be rectified?

It is a result of the permissions change/forum changes and it can be fixed easily. Though if you noticed it a month ago and are just now bringing it to our attention, I question why you waited so long. It was obviously something that slipped someone's mind. Thanks.

Bobbylicious

Banned
Years
the discord needs more moderation and to stop feeling so cliquey.

i have already been bullied for saying that a was a furry and was called a "furfag" and I reported this issue to the staff but they did nothing

after that, the users @fletchling and @talonflame were also so rude and condescending towards me, with fletchling even having the nerve to post my private messages to them in the public chat for everyone to see, which then had me seen as a public joke with everyone talking about me behind my back, something i do not appreciate.

after they they all bullied me off the discord

Years

I won't talk about whether the Moderoids did their job or not because I wasn't around to see anything and don't have any involvement with Discord's moderation, I'll leave that up to the relevant people.

In the future though, if you have issues with specific members please do not call them out in public like this. Instead you should report them directly to the relevant staff member - in this case the Discord Moderoids. If you still think your situation wasn't handled correctly after that, you approach a member of PCs higher staff.

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022

i have already been bullied for saying that a was a furry and was called a "furhag" and I reported this issue to the staff but they did nothing

after that, the users @fletchling and @talonflame were also so rude and condescending towards me, with fletchling even having the nerve to post my private messages to them in the public chat for everyone to see, which then had me seen as a public joke with everyone talking about me behind my back, something i do not appreciate.

What you perceive as "cliques" are just legitimate friendships formed between the regular users of the server. You could be a part of those friendships too if you changed your attitude. But instead, you join the server and immediately start baiting people about how the staff and PC users are all white and potentially racists.

I agree that some users in the chat disrespected you if you are indeed a furry. But your approach to reporting them, from what I can see from reading the logs, was pretty poor. Instead of @ing the staff, you should have messaged them directly and let the chat go on as normal. Instead, you kept complaining in the chatroom and saying more baity things.

I'm sorry you were bullied off of the Discord, but let's be real, you set yourself up for it. I suggest you go back and read everything that was said since you joined, Jake, and perhaps you'll gain some perspective on how you present yourself to others that have never met you.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today

i have already been bullied for saying that a was a furry and was called a "fur***" and I reported this issue to the staff but they did nothing

In future if you are having problems with people in the Discord server could you please take a screenshot and message it to me directly (either here or in the Discord) and I will assess and action as necessary. I wasn't online when your incident took place, but looking at what I've seen it seems as if there was pushing on both sides. The Discord certainly isn't a clique though.

Bobbylicious

Banned
Years
Well say what you want and I do appreciate the feedback too but when a group of people bound together to make someone feel uncomfortable and Unwelcomed, I call thet a clique

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years

It is a result of the permissions change/forum changes and it can be fixed easily. Though if you noticed it a month ago and are just now bringing it to our attention, I question why you waited so long. It was obviously something that slipped someone's mind. Thanks.
This has still not been fixed, despite being something that "can be fixed easily". Seems like your minds are more slippery than you thought.

Years
Be forewarned all new members; the mods are VERY biased, HIGHLY liberal, they hate conservatives / fundamentalists. They hate religion and God, they have a VERY atheistic and even satanistic stance. If you read through this section along with other feedback sections you'll see that they hate negative feedback, they can't take it, they ask for it but when someone says the truth the clique attacks.

I don't intend to respond because quite frankly I'm not going to get in the mud and wrestle with em...

They make new members feel unwelcome especially conservatives, which is nothing new considering sadly today most forums are slanted like this one.

Mods should make members feel welcome but that isn't so here, and if you tell them how ya feel they'll act like a bunch of 10 year olds and argue with you about it and even try to take jabs at you, which quite frankly don't work on me. Just to prove my points keep a watch on this post and it won't be long before I get attacked for my "negative feedback".

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Online now
Be forewarned all new members; the mods are VERY biased, HIGHLY liberal, they hate conservatives / fundamentalists. They hate religion and God, they have a VERY atheistic and even satanistic stance. If you read through this section along with other feedback sections you'll see that they hate negative feedback, they can't take it, they ask for it but when someone says the truth the clique attacks.

I don't intend to respond because quite frankly I'm not going to get in the mud and wrestle with em...

They make new members feel unwelcome especially conservatives, which is nothing new considering sadly today most forums are slanted like this one.

Mods should make members feel welcome but that isn't so here, and if you tell them how ya feel they'll act like a bunch of 10 year olds and argue with you about it and even try to take jabs at you, which quite frankly don't work on me. Just to prove my points keep a watch on this post and it won't be long before I get attacked for my "negative feedback".
Provide examples showing my (and/or gimmepie's) bias or agenda or hatred of conservatives or us doing things to make people feel unwelcome or our.....devil worship....

And I mean links to specific posts, not "just go look at the Discussions & Debates section".

JokerBen

Director of Pokémon Nobelium
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 29, 2023
I have had very good experiences with staff here. As a Moderator on a fairly large Minecraft server, I appreciate (and can relate to) the daily stresses and the hard work of any staff team on a forum environment such as this, particularly the PC staff team.

Though I've been on this site since ~2012, I felt welcome when I made this account in Fall of 2016. The staff has been very good to me, especially an experience I had regarding some drama on my introduction page that was swiftly solved by that section's moderator.

When my fan game reached publishing stages, the Game Development moderators moved it into the showcase within twelve hours of my asking.

In my nearing five years of being a part of this community, I have yet to have a bad experience with a bad staff member.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back