• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Eye of the Dragons (Dragon Club)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Name: Katie the Friendly Ghost
Your Trainer Sprite: Clair
2 Partner Pokemon(First a Dragon type, second from Dragon Family):Shelgon, Treecko
Why have you chosen to become a Dragon Tamer?: 'Cause dragons are like awesome. Duh.
Which Dragon type & Dragon family member are you most disappointed in?
Altaria, because I thought it'd be like crazy good, but it never was for me. Only for Winona. :P
Also Scrafty. It's pretty good in battle, but I'm disappointed solely in its appearance.
Welcome to the club Katie! I have to agree with your answer actually. Altaria is just a normal Pokemon with special skills/stats. One Ice type move can easily KO it more so than the other Dragon & Flying/Ground types. Scrafty's appearance is much better than Scraggy, but both (Like most Generation V Pokemon) of their designs are just horrific. They could had done better. Though I see the point in why they designed them.
I'm not disappointed in any Dragon type or Dragon family member. Then again I don't think I understand the topic very much. I don't understand what there is to be disappointed about in any of the Dragon type Pokemon. They are one of my favorite types (after water) so I'm not disappointed in any of them.
Disappointed in any way, no specific reasoning. I'd have to go with Charizard as the #1 for the family. Its 4x Weakness to rock kills it and he is just too weak. He was the all-mighty pro Pokemon back in Generation 1, but after that, he's just dyed as a top Pokemon. Even though he's still very much a fan favorite today! The design is much better than most, but design-wise, the Scrafty family gets my vote on the disappointing side.

As for Dragon types, hands down its going to Druddigon. Its real weak and its design is just plain awful. I cannot stand the dragon and even some fakemons are better design than that. I like the lone Dragon type Pokemon, but it definitely fails in every aspect of the Pokemon world.

Concerning the Dragon type, I'd say Druddigon. It's kind of useless to my mind. Ok, I don't like its design at all, so that helps me not to like it but I have to say that I'm particularly disappointed in the fact that it hasn't any evolution. Dragon types need evolution. It's one of their feature, to start with a weak and cute little Pokémon difficult to train but then begin badass and powerful creatures that can easily kick the best Pokémon!

Druddigon has to have an evolution when Generation VI comes. If it doesn't...Duddigon just failed very hard all this time.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
How could I not ignore this topic about our reptilian friends?

Name: Para-Dox

Your Trainer Sprite: Lance

2 Partner Pokemon(First a Dragon type, second from Dragon Family): Palkia, Sceptile

Why have you chosen to become a Dragon Tamer?: What else would I train, a pile of sludge?

What is your favorite Dragon Pokemon & why?

PALKIA! It's everything I adore about dragon Pokemon combined into one Pokemon. I adored it from first sight because of Spatial Rend.

What are the advantages and disadvantages of using Dragonite & Salamence in battle?

'Mence is more of a offensive beast while Dragonite has a lot of bulk. But they have a double weakness towards Ice and SR weakness. :/

I don't like Kuyrem at all. B and W Kuyrem ruin 2 Pokemon I like a lot. ( White 'Rem is not fluffy enough >:( )
Also, druddigon is a spiky waste of space.

Last edited:

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
How could I not ignore this topic about our reptilian friends?

Name: Para-Dox

Your Trainer Sprite: Lance

2 Partner Pokemon(First a Dragon type, second from Dragon Family): Palkia, Sceptile

Why have you chosen to become a Dragon Tamer?: What else would I train, a pile of sludge?

What is your favorite Dragon Pokemon & why?

PALKIA! It's everything I adore about dragon Pokemon combined into one Pokemon. I adored it from first sight because of Spatial Rend.

What are the advantages and disadvantages of using Dragonite & Salamence in battle?

'Mence is more of a offensive beast while Dragonite has a lot of bulk. But they have a double weakness towards Ice and SR weakness. :/

I don't like Kuyrem at all. B and W Kuyrem ruin 2 Pokemon I like a lot. ( White 'Rem is not fluffy enough >:( )
Also, druddigon is a spiky waste of space.
Sure is a lot of Clair & Lance fans around here. Drayden & Drake need some popularity \m/

I definitely agree with you on Palkia. He's got that bulk in him and the power! Though for Kyurem, even though the fusion disappoints those that ruin Zekrom/Reshiram, just don't fuse them together xD

But welcome to the club Para-Dox, I will get you up on the member's list shortly!

EDIT:
From time to time, we will have a random, little fun contest within this Dragon club. Some will vary, some will be similar depending on the common subject. For the fair announcement, starting now until Sunday @ 8PM Eastern Time, post at least THREE photos with at least 2 different Dragons & Family (EX: 2 Dragonites will not be counted, Dragonite & Dragonair are acceptable in same photo).

This will be a freebie, as future ones will be a bit more challenging> If you can complete this task, you will be welcomed to add an additional third Partner Pokemon to your name!

Last edited:

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
Membership

AdrianD

Lance
Garchomp/Charizard

Why have you chosen to become a Dragon Tamer? I actually first got into dragons from Yu-gi-oh with the Blue Eyes White Dragon that sparked my interest. Being raised in the Gen 1 it was quite hard for me to get Dratini and raise it, but I never gave up on it.

What is your favorite Dragon Pokemon & why? Garchomp. Its what I feel is the definition of what a Dragon should be. No disrespect to the other dragons but Its my definition of Strength and fierceness

What are the advantages and disadvantages of using Dragonite & Salamence in battle? In double battles I can have my 2nd pokemon use Earthquake w/o worrying about damaging Dragonite/Salamence. Disadvantage: Ice enough said.

I am disappointed in all the dragon family members except Charizard, who is the closest thing to a dragon w/o being called one. The rest are imitators and I personally refuse to accept them as "dragon family" You are either dragon or not.

Mentalii

Back
Years
I was wondering... What do you think about the fact that we have a Dragon-type champion again? Since, so far, Lance used to be THE Dragons master, was it a good idea to add another dragon champion or Lance will remain the best dragons trainer ever for you?

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
What do you think about the fact that we have a Dragon-type champion again?

Eh, I don't really like it. Of course I don't see any problem in it, since Dragon types are pretty much the strongest type of Pokémon, and since the champions are usually depicted to be the strongest trainers in the game, it makes sense for them to be masters of that specific typing, however Lance was the champion in my favourite game, I loved the challenge he gave with his Dragon type Pokémon, because I remember the hard time I had beating all of his Pokémon, and he'll always be the real Dragon master to me. I don't expect to get B2/W2, at least not anytime soon, so I don't think I'll ever really get to like Iris, so I don't think I'll ever grow to like her that much as a champion.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
I'm gonna have to say Druddigon, haha. It doesn't look cool nor regal to me at all. I haven't used it yet. Maybe another day!

I prefer battling champions with mixed teams, like Blue and Cynthia. With an all Dragon-type Champion, I'm too tempted to just start firing off the Ice Beams. I do applaud Lance and Iris including a few non-Dragon types in their teams. As for which Dragon Master is better... I don't think being Champion fits Iris's character, haha. Leave the dragon haxing to Lance. Pfft, even Iris has prematurely evolved dragons. She must be giving them some something something !

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
... am I the only one here who doesn't have a Brawl theme?

I think they're just keeping up with a tradition, although it's only the second dragon type champion so far, and all the others have been various type, steel or water.

Last edited:

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016

Honestly, I'd be fitting to see a Flying Champion to be arrange, so much they could do for that with their 2nd typing (Of course, an Altaria, Dragonite or Salamence would be a must).

I could careless about the way they created Unova 2's Champion. I love Iris' dress though! After all, they got Lance back in the Tournament as well!! Though I've always loved to see a Dragon type be at used once in every Elite Four's party. Like for the first Champion would be a Ground type user, using a Garchomp (Since its better than Flygon), a Water type (Kingdra, Milotic would be challenging), Dark type (Hydreigon, actually think Dark type needs to be a champion now that I think of it) and/or a Dragon user who actually uses the Dragon EGG group rather than just a type. Charizard/Aerodactyl/Scrafty/Sceptile/Milotic and so on would be an interesting party to face, in my opinion.

That's just my imagination to this topic lol A good topic indeed!

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022

Honestly, I'd be fitting to see a Flying Champion to be arrange, so much they could do for that with their 2nd typing (Of course, an Altaria, Dragonite or Salamence would be a must).

I could careless about the way they created Unova 2's Champion. I love Iris' dress though! After all, they got Lance back in the Tournament as well!! Though I've always loved to see a Dragon type be at used once in every Elite Four's party. Like for the first Champion would be a Ground type user, using a Garchomp (Since its better than Flygon), a Water type (Kingdra, Milotic would be challenging), Dark type (Hydreigon, actually think Dark type needs to be a champion now that I think of it) and/or a Dragon user who actually uses the Dragon EGG group rather than just a type. Charizard/Aerodactyl/Scrafty/Sceptile/Milotic and so on would be an interesting party to face, in my opinion.

Really good ideas here. I would like a e4 which uses egg groups instead of actual types. It would give more variety to the Pokemon, making things more challenging rather than breezing through a team focused on one type.

Also, Flygon >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Garchomp

Mentalii

Back
Years

Same than Olli. Lance will always be THE Dragon Master. Iris doesn't give off as much epicness as him. Then, even if that's not important, she doesn't really look like a Dragon champion. I mean... She misses a cape, doesn't she? :P
I would have prefered the champion to rule another type, since that way Iris lives in Lance's shadow. And also, because the dragon-type isn't any type, and we don't need several dragon champions. And now, that way, it reminds Johto's schema: 8th gym leader is a dragon-type gym leader + the champion rules dragon-type too.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years

Creating the teams based on egg groups is not anything I've ever considered before, (mainly because I went most of the time with the fandom without even knowing of the existence of egg groups), but it'd actually be a pretty good idea. Like Blade said, with trainers only battling with one type of Pokémon, it often gives you the opportunity to just spam one super effective move on all the Pokémon, resulting in shorter battles and lack of challenge. That doesn't really go well with champions, when their role usually is to be the final challenge, so I guess basing the teams on egg groups rather than just a typing would solve that problem, but it'd still be better if the champions just had varied teams.

Ghost Emperor

Pokemon Emperor
Years
  • Seen Oct 19, 2012
Name: Ghost Emperor
Your Trainer Sprite:Lance
2 Partner Pokemon(First a Dragon type, second from Dragon Family):Kyurem White and Treeko
Why have you chosen to become a Dragon Tamer?: since childhood I have been a fan of dragons and also i like there moves like draco meteor and Roar of time =)
Answer Current Topic:
Which on the Dragon Family list is not from the Dragon Egg group?
i think its feebas because in my past pokemon gaming experience feebas cant breed with dragon types =) so far thats my experience so I say it must be feebas

I think they need to change it .. so far as I am concerned i wish there would be dark type champions.. because aside from dragons I am a crazy fanatic of dark types so it is better that they would make dark types as new champions and let the dragons rest for a while before becoming champions again .. hahaha =)

Last edited:
Years
I haven't joined a club in a while and I like the look of this one.

Name: Hikari10
Your Trainer Sprite: Iris (B2/W2 Iris please!)
2 Partner Pokemon(First a Dragon type, second from Dragon Family): Hydreigon and Milotic
Why have you chosen to become a Dragon Tamer?: Dragon Pokemon are strong and epic. Some are beautiful, others are badass. I love the amazing power a Dragon Pokemon can bring out.

Answer Current Topic

I guess I might answer this:

I think it's pretty good we have a Dragon Champion again in Iris. It's like they are going back to basics. I love her dress, it looks so beautiful and I love how her hair is designed.

Also, what makes Iris unique is that she uses not just Dragon-type Pokemon but Pokemon from the Dragon egg group.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Name: Ghost Emperor
Your Trainer Sprite:Lance
2 Partner Pokemon(First a Dragon type, second from Dragon Family):Kyurem White and Treeko
Why have you chosen to become a Dragon Tamer?: since childhood I have been a fan of dragons and also i like there moves like draco meteor and Roar of time =)
Answer Current Topic:
Which on the Dragon Family list is not from the Dragon Egg group?
i think its feebas because in my past pokemon gaming experience feebas cant breed with dragon types =) so far thats my experience so I say it must be feebas

Welcome!! You're the first to answer the questionnaire! Unfortunately there are TWO answers, and Feebas is a part of the Dragon Egg group. Keep searching for the answer and you'll find a way to get this right ;)
I haven't joined a club in a while and I like the look of this one.

Name: Hikari10
Your Trainer Sprite: Iris (B2/W2 Iris please!)
2 Partner Pokemon(First a Dragon type, second from Dragon Family): Hydreigon and Milotic
Why have you chosen to become a Dragon Tamer?: Dragon Pokemon are strong and epic. Some are beautiful, others are badass. I love the amazing power a Dragon Pokemon can bring out.

Answer Current Topic

I guess I might answer this:

I think it's pretty good we have a Dragon Champion again in Iris. It's like they are going back to basics. I love her dress, it looks so beautiful and I love how her hair is designed.

Also, what makes Iris unique is that she uses not just Dragon-type Pokemon but Pokemon from the Dragon egg group.
Welcome to the club! Now that you've mentioned the Dragon Egg Group, realistically the likes of her Pokemon, Aggron, Lapras, Archeops, etc aren't really part of that Egg Group of Dragons. However, you've led to another topic discussion that must be brought up. Perfect timing Hikari!

New Topic:
Which Pokemon do you consider part of the Dragon relations that are not on the list? Please explain why.

The answers with good explanation may benefit to what could possibly be a new list of Pokemon benefiting Dragons.

TwilightBlade

Years
Welcome to the club, Ghost Emperor and Hikari10.

Which Pokemon do you consider part of the Dragon relations that are not on the list? Please explain why.
Lapras. It has reptilian traits just like dragons. Its Dragon Dance set is pretty fun to use. Lapras is also very rare and related to the Loch Ness monster legend. Clair and Lance used a Lapras in Pokemon Stadium, and notably, Iris uses a Lapras in B2W2.

Which two on the Dragon Family list is not from the Dragon Egg group? Answer:
Vibrava and Flygon.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Welcome to the club, Ghost Emperor and Hikari10.

Lapras. It has reptilian traits just like dragons. Its Dragon Dance set is pretty fun to use. Lapras is also very rare and related to the Loch Ness monster legend. Clair and Lance used a Lapras in Pokemon Stadium, and notably, Iris uses a Lapras in B2W2.

Vibrava and Flygon.
I believe Lapras is a #1 candidate for this conversation. Its got not only traits, but the value of one as well. The others I like to see as a big supporter of Dragon types are as followed:
131.png
246.png
247.png
248.png
158.png
159.png
160.png
115.png

For one, many of them can learn Dragon type moves and its a rare thing to have to teach a non-Dragon Type Pokemon a Dragon type move. Though we have to be careful to mix up the Dragons to Dinosaurs, which is what Tyranitar mostly resembles.

As for your answer to the questionnaire Blade, you are so close on the right answer for one Pokemon. But the question asks "Dragon Family" which specifically focuses on the 2nd list of Pokemon. So the answers aren't Dragon type Pokemon themselves. (Hint, Hint)

TwilightBlade

Years
Ohh lol I guess I forgot about the baby form. Can I try again? :x

Trapinch and Aerodactyl

Also, Dragon Dance Tyranitar and Feraligatr definitely fit the bill! Another DD user, although less likely to be considered as dragon-material, is Whiscash. It has those funny long whiskers you see on Chinese dragons. Whiscash's Japanese name, Namazun, is derived from a catfish in Japanese mythology which caused earthquakes. Another legend-based Pokemon. :3

Last edited:

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Ohh lol I guess I forgot about the baby form. Can I try again? :x

Trapinch and Aerodactyl.

Also, Dragon Dance Tyranitar and Feraligatr definitely fit the bill! Another DD user, although less likely to be considered as dragon-material, is Whiscash. It has those funny long whiskers you see on Chinese dragons. Whiscash's Japanese name, Namazun, is derived from a catfish in Japanese mythology which caused earthquakes. Another legend-based Pokemon. :3
CORRECT!! We have a winner to our first Questionnaire! Congratulations to TwilightBlade!

340.png

This silly fish? Interesting, what about the whiskers from Magikarp/Gyarados? I've always thought they held that type of specie about the Chinese Dragons behind them, until you mentioned Whiscash.

Last edited:

Ghost Emperor

Pokemon Emperor
Years
  • Seen Oct 19, 2012

This silly fish? Interesting, what about the whiskers from Magikarp/Gyarados? I've always thought they held that type of specie about the Chinese Dragons behind them, until you mentioned Whiscash.

to think of it their whiskers do look the same O.o.. so this ends up that their whiskers are blood related..... making them hmmm, cousins...... inturn making him some how related to the dragon family hahaha this is just a funny thought of mine ^_^

hmp I just noticed the pictures gone cause the rules said that I still need 15 more posts to post a URL ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back