• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate my new UU team

Years
  • Seen Jun 16, 2012
Pokemon: Cloyster
Acquired: Egg hatched, route 206
Shiny: No
Ability: Skill Link
Nature: Impish
Item: Leftovers
IV's: 31 HP, 30 attack, 31 defense, 22 special attack, 30 special defense, 30 speed
EV' s: 252 HP, 252 special defense, 4 defense
Moves: Spikes, Avalanche, Rock Blast, Rapid Spin

Cloyster is my lead/rapid spin support. Fairly self-explanatory.

Pokemon: Ursaring
Acquired: Egg hatched, solocean town
Ability: Quick Feet
Nature: Jolly
Item: Toxic Orb
IV's: 30 HP, 31 attack, 29 defense, 23 special attack, 29 special defense, 31 speed
EV's: 4 HP, 252 attack, 252 speed
Moved: Swords Dance, Facade, Close Combat, Crunch

Ursaring is my physical sweeper. Swords dance first to double my attack then toxic orb kicks in raiding my speed to by 50% and brings facade's base power up.

Pokemon: Nidoking
Ability: Poison Point
Nature: Jolly
Item: Life Orb
IV's: 30 HP, 31 attack, 29 defence, 23 special attack, 28 special defense, 31 speed
EV's: 252 attack, 4 defense, 252 speed
Moves: Earthquake, Stone Edge, Megahorn, Sucker Punch

Nidoking is my counter. He's got immunity to electric attacks and is unaffected by toxic.

Pokemon: Steelix
Acquired: Egg hatched, solocean town
Shiny: Yes
Ability: Sturdy
Nature: Sassy
Item: Leftovers
IV's: 31 HP, 28 Attack, 31 defense, 20 special attack, 30 special defense, 0 speed
EV's: 253 HP, 4 attack, 252 special defense
Moves: Stealth Rock, Gyro Ball, Earthquake, Roar

Typical Steelix wall with roar for some scouting/entry hazard abuse.

Pokemon: Houndoom
Ball: Repeat Ball
Ability: Flash Fire
Nature: Timid
Item: Life Orb
IV's: 28 HP, 22 attack, 25 defense, 31 special attack, 26 special defense, 31 speed
EV's: 4 HP, 252 special attack, 252 speed
Moves: Nasty Plot, Flamethrower, Dark Pulse, substitute

Houndoom is my special sweeter. Substitute first while then nasty plot afterwards.

Pokemon: Claydol
Ball: Luxury Ball
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Bold
Item: Light Clay
IV's: 31 HP, 8 attack, 28 defense, 30 special attack, 31 special defense, 30 speed
EV's: 252 HP, 252 special defense, 4 special attack
Moves: Light Screen, Earth Power, reflect, Psychic

Claydol is my support/special wall. Typical double screen setup.

NONE of these pokemon are hacked! I apologize for shouting but my first competitive team had a shiny Skarmory, dusknoir, and metagross and I was constantly accused of hacking. I worked extremely hard on these pokemon and I'm overwhelmingly proud of that steelix. The baltoy for thay claydol took some time too hahaha.

So theres my first real competitive team. I've put a lot of thought and effort into every one of those pokemon.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Your team looks good, but I'll give Cloyster some options to consider:
-Explosion to let it take down tough (non-Rock/Ghost/Steel) walls
-Ice Shard to pick off weakened opponents
-Toxic Spikes for another entry hazard

I'd also give it the Focus Sash to help ensure it survives a hit and sets up a hazard.

Years
Wow. I mean wow. Those IVs are very interesting. It's nice to see trainers putting so much detail into their pokemon.

Tell me, do you RNG? How did you go about catching your houndoom for instance?

Years
  • Seen Jun 16, 2012
I bought an insane amount of repeat balls to catch my Houndoom. Breeding would have.been a lot laser but I wanted some of my pokemon to be in a different ball. So I spent a really long time catching Houndoor. It took me an absurd amount of time. My baltoy took me a lot longer though. All together this team has taken me an insane amount of time but that's because I'm a perfectionist. I do get accused of.hacking a lot which is why I quit using my OU team so hopefully since I only ended up with 1 shiny this time around I won't get harassed as much as I did before. The key to my success though is I spent an absolutely unfathomable amount of time catching ditto's with a perfect IV in one stat so those dittos help tremendously. But yeah baltoy and Houndoom were just an immense amount of time catching the same pokemon repeatedly with the pokeball I wanted them in. I'VE SEEN SO MANY BALTOYS! strangely though I failed to run into any shiny pokemon while looking for my baltoy and houndour. all of my shinies are either from trades or from breeding. The only shiny I've ever caught was my metgross which has incredible IV's so he's my pride and joy hahaha. But like I said I'm a perfectionist so these these IV's came from an immense amount of time catching and breeding with and those dittos did help because I have a ditto for speed, HP, attack, etc. Those dittos took what use to take a month or two of breeding every spare chance I get which is a lot I live in the middle of nowhere seriously courage the cowardly dog is my neighbor haha. I just hope I don't get accused of hacking again because I put a lot of time into those pokemon. I just hope I didn't mess the EV spreads up.

Years
  • Seen Jun 16, 2012
I only kept the ones with the nature I wanted. I just got unimaginably lucky with Claydol. That Claydol was probably one in a million. I'm never getting rid of him.

Back