• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen What did you nickname your pokemon?

Guy

just a guy
Years
There's already a thread for the player nicknames here, but we may certainly use this one to list the nicknames we give our Pokémon in X and Y.

I personally haven't nicknamed any of mine, but I'm so tempted to nickname my Spewpa "Pixel."

Shizzable

The Derpiest One Of All
Years
I don't own X or Y, and these are off the top of my head.

Chesnaught: Prickly Pickle, Chester

Delphox: Wicked Witch, Circe,

Greninja: Frogger, Slippy

Talonflame: Fawkes

Aegislash: Excalibur

Malamar: Cthulu

Tyrantrum: Godzilla/Godzirra

Hawluchu: Toucan Sam

Last edited:
Years
Team as of now:

Frogadier: Kusarigama
Vivilon: Fukiya
Pikachu: Kugi-kiri
Skitty: Mikkyo

After ninja stuff, obviously.

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
Well Ill actually have the game tomorrow but I have picked some names already.

Greninja: Jiraya

Tyrantrum: Sharptooth

Clawitizer: LAZOR!

Hitmonlee: Bruce

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
On my main team that I defeated the Elite Four with I four out of my six pokemon had nicknames.

Charizard was nicknamed CharChar
Lucario was nicknamed Rocky
Xerneas was nicknamed X (on accident)
Snorlax was nikcnamed Munchies

Years
I don't have much imagination for nicknames most of the times, but I found some for once :)

Zoroark female = Selene (Based on the vampire in the movie Underworld)
Blastoise = Roshi
Alakazam = Merlin
Chesnaught = Aregis (the name of my paladin in WoW)

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
my team

Greninja:Lee
Talonflame-Luneon
Togetic-Palarazzi
Lucario-Nicko
Wigglytuff-Disabled-after an Creepypasta
Rapidash-Tesco=Tesco horse burgers

Aminta

past the point of no return
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 20, 2013
I love drawing inspiration from literature, mythology, music, video game lore and anthroponymy in naming my Pokemon. Sometimes the names are chosen for their aptness for a particular Pokemon, and sometimes for opposite reasons, if they have a particular irony to them. In most cases I put a lot of thought into the naming of my Pokemon and have a lot of fun with it.

My Talonflame's name is Icarus, after the Greek mythology figure of the same name. According to Greek mythology, Icarus was a man who attempted to flee the island of Crete with wings made of feathers and wax. He was instructed by his father not to fly too close to the sun, but he did so anyways, which melted his wax wings and caused him to crash into the sea. Seeing as Talonflame is a fire-type bird, the name Icarus is a little ironic.

My Malamar is named Hermaeus, after Hermaeus Mora, the Daedric Prince of knowledge and memory, in The Elder Scrolls series lore.

My Bisharp is a female and is named Wilhelmina, which means "willing to protect" in German etymology.

Those are a few examples of the ways I name my Pokemon. :)

Sparkywalkthroughs

join the adventure
Years
I've always named my Psychic Pokemon Sugarbuns, i'm not sure why, it's just something i've been doing forever! sadly i broke that tradition in X, where i just named my Esper Sugar

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 26, 2013
My current team is:

Froslass: Liona
Bannette: Minerva
Charizard: Mikasa
Roserade: Gray
Aegislash: Erza

I usually draw my inspiration from animes that I like.

Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2015
I only named two of my pokemon
Delphox: Lucky (I soft restarted for a female one and it didn't take me all that long)
Blastoise: Squirt , I named it after my first squirtle in leaf green.
I think I called a skitty skitzo and a Vivillon DEMON.

Catspill

Fighting-Type Fanatic
Years
I recently caught a Snubull and named it "Prendle" mainly because I was craving Pringles and just changed up the letters. I also named a Machop "He-Man" for obvious reasons.

casualCasualty

Super High School Level Fairy
Years
My character's name is Casualty, and my nickname is Lady C uwu;;;
*whips out 3ds*
Okay well the team I beat Y with was
Delphox: Gallium
Vivillon: Astasine
Venusaur: Beryllium
Sylveon: Antimony
Lucario: Iron
Lapras: Selenium
I really like to use themes when naming my pokemon. uwu If I ever do a XY(Z?) nuzlocke, I might do elements again. Or maybe pastries or food or something.

I named Zygarde "Disco Snake", Yveltal "Yttrium" since it was still during the main gameplay, and Mewtwo "Macklemore".
I'm not a bad person I swear.

Years
I named mine after sweets! Raichu is Lemon, Sylveon is Strawberry, Mienshao is Muffin, Manectric is Banana, Cinccino is Vanilla.. and so on. :D

Years
- In game team (the ones who contributed the most in gyms and elite four etc) -
Nitro the Talonflame (fits prefectly imho)
Ling Ling the Pangoro (Ling Ling is named after a Panda in a Zoo)
Gobot the Golurk (He's a robot, and hes kind of derp.. named after a defunct 80s toyline that had robots that turn into vehicles -- not Transformers)
Cinderhame the Delphox (Last name of a Mage character in one of my stories)
Synthinar the Venasaur (Combination of Synthesis and something cool sounding)
Nemonu the Absol (A slight variation on a demon character in a story I was working on a long time ago)
Steve the Diggersby (It's not generic, it's named after the Default Skin in Minecraft)
Pysibert the Golduck (Somethin silly)
Wingon the Pidgeot (Based on my old Silver Game's Pidgeot.. aptly named Winger)

-Others

Samba the Ludicolo (A staple of mine)
Envy the Zoroark (I'm still working on an FMA Homunculus team..)
Spooner the Alakazam (Just a silly name for a slightly derp Abra I caught)
Scarla the Bisharp (Couldn't think of something that sounded vicious enough, without sounding like an 8 year old.. that and it was Female)
Cryzton the Carbink (He's kind of like a crystal, right?)
Gallows the Treveant (Hang 'em high!)
Ikabod the Pumpkaboo (caught on halloween ironically enough .. totally wasn't planning that)
Backtalk the Mawile (Another staple of mine.. this time it might actually be worth using for once)
Drinx the Spinda (for lack of a better name.. Spinda looks drunk)
.. and lastly
Quackarooni the Ducklett (Ducktaaaaales Whooo-ooo!)

Back