• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

E.C's ROM Bases

E.C.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 28, 2021
Hi.
Over the years I've spent most of my ROM hacking time inserting tiles and creating ROM bases were one of the main things I enjoyed doing. So here are all of the ones I've made in my time as a ROM hacker. (Note these are all for firered)

AlternativeFRBase: It's basically custom tiles that match the firered style while still giving a custom feel to it.
Map examples: Map1 Map2
Credits:
Spoiler:

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ldjhp9y2p3wn49v/AltFRbase(Complete).ips

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ProjectUnamed: My oldest ROM base and the worst one (In my opinion). It's named unamed because I have no originality when it comes to naming things (plus the suggestions I got from others were terrible so..)
Map example:
Spoiler:

Credits:
Spoiler:

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2mnuuzs3fmifu7k/ProjectUnamed(Complete).ips

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Project Unamed v2: So about a year and a half of doing nothing I decided to upgrade my old ROM base to some better graphics and well here it is.
Map example: Map
Credits:
Spoiler:

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/swxwt362iqht7ud/UnamedROMBaseV2.ips

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spring ROM Base: It's supposed to be one of three ROM bases relating to the seasons, but I never completed the autumn and winter ones.
Credits:
Spoiler:

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/cayy30u7nkeuh3k/SpringROMBase(Complete).ips

Unfinished stuff
Everything else that I never got around to finishing I'll place here. Right now I'm trying to get more focused on working and getting back to college so I probably won't get to completing these until I have more time. I'll still place the download link if you guys still want to use it and insert everything that is missing.

Unfinished stuff 1: Winter and autumn base
Map examples: Autumn Winter
Credits:
Spoiler:

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kvik6j2up66sk33/unfinished1.ips

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unfinished stuff 2: sgasgsfgsdfg
Credits:
Spoiler:

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/l7d03u9vpzakfyu/unfinished2.ips

If you encounter any glitches in game it will most likely be the behavior bytes since I didn't change them. If you use these for your hack make sure to credit the people listed for the ROM base you use plus myself for spending all this time inserting them for you to use. Anyways that's all I have to offer, I hope you enjoy. :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Oh wow :) Love the v2 ROM Base as well as the Autumn/Winter ones. Thanks for making! :o

CosmicBlazer

Batman
Years
The v2 Project Unamed download is the v1 download. Thought I let you know. I download it as well to make sure and it's the same

E.C.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 28, 2021
The v2 Project Unamed download is the v1 download. Thought I let you know. I download it as well to make sure and it's the same

Thank you for pointing that out. I've updated the first post with the correct link.

CrashmanX

Mechamon
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 22, 2016
OK I'm gonna be incredibly newbie to ROM hacking here but, with these ROM bases do they contain entirely new maps or just a handful of them?
And have they been used for any other ROM hacks or are they completely unused concepts?

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
OK I'm gonna be incredibly newbie to ROM hacking here but, with these ROM bases do they contain entirely new maps or just a handful of them?
And have they been used for any other ROM hacks or are they completely unused concepts?

Typically, they'll just have one map for display purposes, which should be changed.

ROM bases are all in the public domain, anyone can use them if the author puts them up like this, so you might see them used for other hacks. There's no promise you'll be the only one using a ROM base.

CrashmanX

Mechamon
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 22, 2016
Ah. I appreciate the response, I was really hoping they'd have more than one map since they're considered a ROM base. I figured it'd be a basis for a ROM hack or such. Oh well. I like the maps that are shown, I was quite interested in a whole world of such design.

Guess it's back to the drawing board I go!

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Ah. I appreciate the response, I was really hoping they'd have more than one map since they're considered a ROM base. I figured it'd be a basis for a ROM hack or such. Oh well. I like the maps that are shown, I was quite interested in a whole world of such design.

Guess it's back to the drawing board I go!

ROM bases are for the tiles, rather than the maps :) since finding/inserting matching tiles can be a bit of a pain it's to help people out and give them a starting point.

E.C.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 28, 2021

It's not about the maps in the ROM base, it's about all the tiles that were inserted into it. What magic said up above is correct, these ROM bases are basically tiles put together into a ROM for anyone to use right away. They are public for anyone to use and the maps are only to demonstrate how the tiles look/are used. Although the maps are in the ROM base, they haven't been used in any other hack. If you want you can use the maps that are in there already but I would suggest making your own.

anyways thanks for the comments guys, I've now added the links for the last 2 ROM bases that were missing before. hope you guys enjoy.

CrashmanX

Mechamon
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 22, 2016
OH! Wow I feel extra dumb now. OK, well I might the Fire Red custom set as I quite like the look of those tiles.

E.C.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 28, 2021
Can I patch all of the rom base in the same Rom?

If you mean using all the patches on a single ROM, then I don't think you can do that. lol
If you want the tiles from the other patches on a single ROM, then you can do that. There is an option to import/export PAL files/tilesets and you can import the tiles to a secondary tileset, not the main.

qaz015393

pokemon revenge developer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
Thanks man for the number of rom bases. I won't be using your rom base for my hack but I will use it for my test rom until my new rom with the tiles my team put in is ready.
Thanks for the mean roms they all look great.

Back