• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Emerald - Wally Version [UPDATED!][Complete][V1.10]

Bladecraft

It's written "Bladecraft" on my forehead.
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jun 18, 2020
m2iaeh7.png

Introduction:
Eyyyyrybody!! I am Bladecraft and ever since a few years ago I was interested in Rom Hacking.
I've had YAPE 0.9, Advanced Map 1.92 and a fresh Fire Red Rom on my computer and I failed miserably.
Now, being older, I'm very proud to introduce and release my project:

XRKvgGz.png

Pokémon Emerald - Wally Version!
latest release: 1.10 - game complete!

8/9/2019 Update!
Hi all, I'm so happy that the hack is still getting attention and is on the first page after all of this time, and I'd like to say thanks.
However, I will not be updating the game any more, and V1.05 is the final version, it has some bugs, but it does work until the end.

I've been absent for a while, so I'd like to point out my plans for the future regarding rom hacks:

• Finish my army duty, it'll be over within one year from now, but, I might continue it for an extra six months so I can earn some extra cash.
  • Start a rom hack featuring Wally in the Kanto region, continuing the events of this hack.
  • Begin working on a YouTube channel, answering questions and making video tutorials about rom hacking, and discussions about rom hacking ethics, because I want to see more completed hacks, and play them.

I'll also upload videos of myself making the 3rd hack I'll make, which a long time ago, was called Pokémon Obsidian, but I stopped working on it, and yet, I'd still like to make it some day.

I'm starting work on Wally - Fire Red version soon! But, there's little knowledge about when it will be finished.
That's all folks, goodbye for now.

Background:
You are playing Pokémon Emerald - Wally Version
This ROM hack of Emerald was meant to be as if a special version was released around the time of releasing Emerald, and before the 4th gen.
Therefore, there is no Physical/Special split, decapitalisation, B/W repel system and so on and so forth.
Though, a lot of Pokémon got buffed, and every Pokémon in the Hoenn Pokédex is obtainable in one single player playthrough.
Also, since this is Wally Version, the player (you) is encouraged to use all 5 of the Pokémon that Wally used in his team in Pokémon Emerald.
280MS.png
Ralts - Your starter, obviously.
300MS.png
Delcatty - Has been buffed to have great stats (look at pokémon stat changes list) and appears in a cutscene!
081MS.png
Magneton - Buffed, and joins the team in a cool side quest in your adventure!
315MS.png
Roselia - Offensive stats (attack, special attack and speed) have been buffed to Roserade's respective stats.
333MS.png
Altaria - Buffed, and comes for the rescue in the time of need, when it's the least expected.

Two of them (excluding your starter) will be given to you during your adventure, no spoiling!
The other two will be comfortable to catch, appearing in places during the storyline.
For the 6th slot in your party, I recommend picking the obvious Water Type, so you have a Pokémon in your team that can use Surf or other Water HM's.
Either that or get an HM slave, I mean, Wally had to get to Victory Road somehow.

Storyline:
Every time we have played Pokémon Emerald, we have unwillingly helped to Wally catch that Ralts.
Every playtrough, we had to shatter his will in Mauville, because only like that we could get that badge for ourselves.
And in victory road... Wally came and almost wrecked us.

That level 5 Ralts that's both impossible to appear in game, and how the hell did he level it up if it learns confusion on level 6?
There are many questions regarding Wally's journey, like this one. This story will attempt to answer all of them.

The game plays in an alternate universe. In here, Wally is the one that beats Brendan. Wally is the one that we see through his eyes.
Wally will be the Pokémon League Champion.
You start out in Petalburg, with your Uncle, you go to Petalburg Gym to ask for a Pokémon, and from there your destiny will take you to where you belong.

Honestly I don't want to spoil anymore, so I'll stop here. Play the game for yourselves or check the screenshot section for spoilers.​

Features:

• The biggest and most important feature is that you play as Wally in the game, and progress through his story!
  • A genuine 3rd generation feel to the game - A Nostalgic feeling combined with something new!
  • Big buffs to many Pokémon!
  • The entire Hoenn Dex is obtainable in one single playthrough!
  • Tougher Updated Gym Leaders teams!
  • You may choose between a single or a double battle if you're facing a gym leader!
  • In order to use rock smash, you only need your starter in your party!
  • You can now fight trainers in gyms that you've defeated!

Screenshots:
These screenshots may contain some spoilers to the story of the game, make sure you're okay with spoilers before opening the spoiler tag!​
Spoiler:

Credits and Special Thanks:
These are in a spoiler only because they are long, and if you've read them once I won't expect you to read them again. Each one on this list is important to my heart, especially the first one, and you're highly encouraged to read the list atleast one time.​
Spoiler:
Did I forget you?
If you feel like you should be in this list but you aren't please let me know.

Pokémon Stat Changes:
Many Pokémon are buffed. Noticeable differences are the Skitty line and Roselia.
Here is a list of all of the changes, note, it's long:

Spoiler:

Pokémon Locations:
As written earlier, the entirety of the Hoenn Pokédex is obtainable in one single playthrough.
Hint: If you're missing a specific Pokémon, press ctrl+F to open a search menu.

Spoiler:

Bug List:

Bugs are up to date with the latest version 1.10.

Severity Level:
1 - Changes Practically Nothing
2 - Should Avoid This Bug
3 - Extremely Gamebreaking
3 - Do not forget to pick up Swablu in the story or the game's story will mess up horribly.​
1 - Some of the houses in Pacifidlog are messed up, if you enter one house you might exit from another, nothing too serious.​

Discord Server:
You can join my Discord Server! Here you can get real time updates from me about what I'm doing currently in regards to the hack (I'm not hacking often due to lack of time, but still), get more screenshots, earlier and more comfortable updates and download links!
Also get exclusive Updates to Rak's Adventure since it doesn't even have a thread yet and won't have for quite a while.
I'll have you know, that not too long ago the Discord community got an exclusive update Beta V0.46 which fixed all of the bugs and implemented all of the Hoenn Pokédex (info in the Pokémon Locations tab). They also receive the version updates 1-2 days before the thread gets updated!
I'll also love if bug reports will be sent here, I might have missed something!
You can also talk freely to me, and oh boy how much I love talking, just look already at the length of this!

https://discord.gg/d5CqGNs

Downloads:
What we've all been waiting for, the downloads.
So, the Base Rom is "1986 - Pokémon Emerald (U)(TrashMan)"

Note: Please play V1.05, as the most recent one is bugged heavily, and I can't seem to find the time to fix it.

Here are the patch files:
For your convenience, both IPS and UPS files are available.

IPS File:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...8884/Pokemon_Emerald_-_Wally_Version_1.05.ips

UPS File:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...0656/Pokemon_Emerald_-_Wally_Version_1.05.ups

Here are links for V1.10, it's unstable and bad, if you're looking to finish the game, play 1.05. This is only here for fun.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...8272/Pokemon_Emerald_-_Wally_Version_1.10.ups
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...5280/Pokemon_Emerald_-_Wally_Version_1.10.ips

Previous Versions Downloads:
Spoiler:

Community Creations:
I'll be featuring creators who made something by themselves here.
Creations include but are not limited to banners, let's plays, special screenshots/videos or pictures.

Spoiler:

Message me directly to be featured!​

Banners:
If you beat the game until the end of the latest release, I'd like if you'd put one of these in your signature as a sign of your accomplishment. Consider this a medal.

If you reached the point that you're reading this, thank you so much for bearing this long thread.
I'd love to hear everyone's comments right here and on the Discord Channel, and I'll try my best responding to every single person.​

Last edited:

KNS27

I got... Lonely Doggo?
Years
I hope I can Evolve my Ralts to Gallade :<
But that okay, since It takes the event in Original Emerald.Actually, I Interest how you keep Original stuff in Emerald, while another Rom Hack takes another stuff like Psychical/Special Split, B2W2 Repel, Gen 6 Catch EXP, and more.

Bladecraft

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jun 18, 2020
I hope I can Evolve my Ralts to Gallade :<
But that okay, since It takes the event in Original Emerald.Actually, I Interest how you keep Original stuff in Emerald, while another Rom Hack takes another stuff like Psychical/Special Split, B2W2 Repel, Gen 6 Catch EXP, and more.

Although that in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire Wally has a Gallade, I personally dislike that decision from the developer's side. I liked it much more when Wally had a Gardevoir.
Also since this is a genuine Emerald feel, there are no extra Pokemon added into the game, so no Gallade. :/

-Tainted- said:
Good luck with your hack, glad I could be of help.

Now you can't ask for credits every time you help me out :)

Souryabrata said:
Looks pretty cool. Keep it up.

Thanks a bunch dude!
This is a response to you but an update to everybody!
In the next few days I should release beta 0.25, which is until the 4th gym!
Join the Discord Server for updates, and an earlier download link ;)

Bladecraft

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jun 18, 2020
"This is just emerald with wally as you" -Mateo

LOL no but for real looks real cool!!!
gonna try it out soon :)
best of luck!

Might want to edit that, you just framed the wrong guy.

5DXPMmM.png

Turjo12 said:
Good luck with your hack.
Gonna try it out soon...

Haven't gotten any comments from people who finished. Too hard for you guys?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 11, 2022
Liking the game so far, especially the idea of playing Wally's side of the story.

However, I noticed a pretty nasty bug here...

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Bladecraft

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jun 18, 2020
Liking the game so far, especially the idea of playing Wally's side of the story.

However, I noticed a pretty nasty bug here...

Spoiler:

JEEZE! Thanks a bunch for that!
I just successfully recreated the bug (which is step one towards success) and I'll do my best to fix this ASAP. Thread updated aswell.

Bladecraft

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jun 18, 2020
I'm happily announcing the release of Version 0.33, which has extra content until the 4th gym badge and one extra quest after it! I'm also happily announcing the release of Version 0.34 which is a hotfix version to multiple bugs that various players have found during their adventure. Thank you TheMagmarEffect from PC and boomerbaumann from Discord.
Enjoy!

Blah

Free supporter
Years
Hey, that's a nice and organized OP you have for yourself. Just dropping in to wish you luck with this. I see you're dropping Betas left and right, so that's always a good sign. I would love to play, but you know me, downloading an EM ROM would be damaging to my health ;)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 11, 2022
Can I use the same .sav file, or do I have to start over?

EDIT: Whoops nevermind, just got the instructions. Playing now!

Last edited:

Bladecraft

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jun 18, 2020
UPDATE

As I'm replying to more people in order to avoid posting twice I'll also announce the release of Beta Verson 0.44!
This version continues the story up until the fifth gym badge, versus Winona in Fortree City.
Also, this version was released earlier than I expected.
I worked harder and faster because of someone special in the Discord server. Because I'm going to please the fans as well as myself on this one.
Anyhow, although I did not spot any bugs, this version has passed less testing than usual, so I don't think there will be any problems, but just be careful :P

REPLIES

Hey, that's a nice and organized OP you have for yourself. Just dropping in to wish you luck with this. I see you're dropping Betas left and right, so that's always a good sign. I would love to play, but you know me, downloading an EM ROM would be damaging to my health ;)

Darn you! One day you will play my hack and you will love it more than your own babies.
Good thing you saw the thread only after the VU :)
Anyhow, thanks a lot, and your presence in Discord definitely motivated me a lot, also, I wasn't joking about the first line.

WALLY VERSION?! WOW!! Very interesting indeed.

Make a walkthrough on your YouTube channel. If it's good enough I'll feature it here :)
Good luck and have fun.

Can I use the same .sav file, or do I have to start over?

EDIT: Whoops nevermind, just got the instructions. Playing now!

And then people say I don't care! There are the instructions regarding the newest Beta Version 0.44 aswell. You have to save in Slateport and talk to a couple of people for it to be completely bugless.
Anyhow, you seem to be enjoying and you also reported a bug, so I'd like to have your presence in the hack's Discord server! Join for quick updates, general chit chat and earlier download links :)

https://discord.gg/k9YrHks

Murderlinez3

Shiny Scyther
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 26, 2022
What I have to do after the 3rd badge, i have just get the basement key for magnemite event

Bladecraft

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jun 18, 2020
the level of linone's while going to fortree city is not limited, getting level 99 linone's .

I swear that crap has changed by itself from max level 20 to max level 216. Thanks for letting me know.

What I have to do after the 3rd badge, i have just get the basement key for magnemite event

You did something wrong bro, the Magnemite quest is after the 4th gym, not the 3rd. You probably didn't read the very important notes I put with the download, haven't you?

Years
A Pretty Buggy Bug that i Found is that you Can find Latios/Latias putting repel and just grind to find it, it comes at level 40, i Don't think this is a bug, But it's pretty bad!

Back