Dapper bowler hat

Age 29
Male
Arizona, USA
Online now
Posted 19 Hours Ago
1,381 posts
9.3 Years
Sure, I'll join. As tempting as it is to take an Alola starter, the only one left is Litten, whom I'm already using in Moon. So I'll start with Treecko, and I'll get Cancer.

Name: Orpheus Ejemo
Birthmark symbol: Cancer

Appearance: Orph is a bit on the short side at 5' 1", and resembles his Sinnoh father more than his Alola mother. His skin is light, his eyes hazel, and his hair dark and messy. Even his clothes are messy, usually untucked or wrinkled, despite how simply he dresses. Besides his simple shirt, pants, and vest, he wears a leather bracer on his left arm to cover his birthmark.

History: Despite being a child of two different countries, Orpheus spent most of his life in Sinnoh, where his father came from. When he was still a teenager, Orph moved to Alola with his mother, who returned to her home country to look after her sick father. Orph's father couldn't come with, his job at a local Gym preventing him from leaving the country without someone to replace him. Though he still keeps in touch, Orpheus has spent the last few years without his father, and is still unaware of many of Alola's customs and quirks. His mother appreciated his help, but decided Orph needed to go live his own life, and as he had never completed the Island Trial Challenge, thought it would be a good way to introduce him to Alola. He was set to receive a starter Pokemon, but he also brought along Rags, the Ghost that had been inhabiting their house's attic for years.

Strengths: Orph may not care much for his own appearance and well-being, but he is skilled at tending to others, be they person or Pokmon. Taking care of the sick and wounded, cooking food for the hungry, or just grooming and styling are all among his favorite pursuits. He has a good eye for detail, can be creative and expressive, but knows when to be subtle or gentle. He has a hard time saying "no" to people, and is a great listener, so people often come to him with their problems, even if they just need a sounding board or someone to vent to.

Weaknesses: Simply put, Orph is lazy and disinterested in the world at large. He feels the simplest solution is usually best, as it means he doesn't have to put in as much effort. He often doesn't pay attention when people are talking, and tends to forget the little details even when he does. Even so, he often refuses to ask for help, as he doesn't trust others to do things right. He often comes across as exasperated or bored, leading many to write him off as an inconsiderate bum.

Main Starter Pokemon

Species: Treecko

Nickname: Drake

Moveset: Pound, Leer, Absorb, Quick Attack, Mega Drain, Rock Tomb

Secondary Pokemon

Species: Mimikyu

Nickname: Rags

Moveset: Scratch, Astonish, Copycat, Double Team, Shadow Sneak, Thunder Wave