• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Grey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bagel

Live Long, laugh forever
Years
if i had 5$ for every time someone starts a thread about a fake pokemon game they or one of there friends made id be a billionaire

it dsnt look that good anyway ive seen better

blueguy

No capitalization required. ;D
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
if i had 5$ for every time someone starts a thread about a fake pokemon game they or one of there friends made id be a billionaire

lol That's the point of this forum.

kthxbai

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 27, 2021
Hi to any one that used to follow the game!
I'm starting work on it again, and I hope to show you guys some new stuff soon.
Peace,
-blueguy
Great dude! glad to see you coming back looking forward to see what you gonna do.

um....buzz off. sounds like your hating becuz you cant do any better:P. I really dont even see the point of your post lol. why dont you try and do what blueguy has been doing?

blueguy

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
I just wanted to show that I actually am working on the game, in some form. ;P In these screenshots you see the graveyard next to Periwinkle Hill, as well as Aster Woods, which I'm currently mapping etc. Basically, just a few boring shots... but whatevah, I do what I want. : O

Screens1-1.png

Surf

Years
  • Age 29
  • Rust
  • Seen Jul 31, 2011

But you've only been here since June.
Looks great, blueguy, love the mapping and tiles.

Atomic Reactor

But i don't really like the one with the pink leaves and skinny trunk...
I think the leaves may need a darker outline, and a more defined shading job.
:)

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
Yeah same, I love the giant trees as well. Slick look to them indeed I must say.
In general, your love for purple concerns me :P
Way to much if a purple tint to show screens.
Add more blue and take some more of the colors down for the tint.

blueguy

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
I love those giant trees! :D

But i don't really like the one with the pink leaves and skinny trunk...
I think the leaves may need a darker outline, and a more defined shading job.
:)

Thanks, I agree. They're supposed to be cherry trees; I'm going to reassess the shading. ;D

I've been remapping certain areas to declutter them, as my mapping style is often very compact and filled with tons of flowers! XD But I can't help. Flowers are fun.

Yeah same, I love the giant trees as well. Slick look to them indeed I must say.
In general, your love for purple concerns me :P
Way to much if a purple tint to show screens.
Add more blue and take some more of the colors down for the tint.

I actually don't love purple! Those were just taken at night... so... I dunno. And the flowers in the woods are asters, which are purple. ;P

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
And like every flower, roof and menu interface in the screenshots are purple lol.
It's good though. It's a very consistent thing and it's funny because when I see this game, I associate it with that color- which is a good effect to have on your audience.

Vampire://Krimm

→ clocks everywhere →
Years
Those trees are gorgeous~ n_n The general easy palette of the trees and grass is very nice, and might I add I am completely in love with your Pokemon Center remodel? o_o It's so cute!

I just finished reading the whole thread after starting last night :3 The game looks great, blueguy! The only thing I found a bit strange looking is the northern building in Periwinkle Hill. The roof looks a bit awkward; maybe straightening out the roof lines like the other houses? Just giving ya feedback, nothing more xD;

I'm definitely going to have to keep an eye open for this project!

blueguy

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
Those trees are gorgeous~ n_n The general easy palette of the trees and grass is very nice, and might I add I am completely in love with your Pokemon Center remodel? o_o It's so cute!

I just finished reading the whole thread after starting last night :3 The game looks great, blueguy! The only thing I found a bit strange looking is the northern building in Periwinkle Hill. The roof looks a bit awkward; maybe straightening out the roof lines like the other houses? Just giving ya feedback, nothing more xD;

I'm definitely going to have to keep an eye open for this project!

Wow, thank you. ^_^ I'm glad you like my PokéCenter. I like it too. And... it's purple. LOL I guess I must come to terms with my secret obsession with the color. I agree. That's the lab. and I think I will be revising the tiles. I made them a long time ago. ;D

I've been remapping/decluttering some more. I think I'll show you guys an example. Also, I've come to a really sad part in the early story... and it involves the graveyard. *sniff*

Also, I really need to update the thread and get rid of outdated pictures/information, and prettify it in general.

You can click on the small version to see it in full.

blueguy

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
I'm currently updating the original post. I hope it's starting to look better.

Riceeman

Spriter Guy
Years
  • Seen Nov 25, 2011
Reaally, REALLY nice gamne here Blueguy! I just love it! The tiles are great, and the Pokémon designs are nice! I might even make you some artwork if you would like :3

blueguy

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
Reaally, REALLY nice gamne here Blueguy! I just love it! The tiles are great, and the Pokémon designs are nice! I might even make you some artwork if you would like :3

Thanks a lot. :P I'm always open to contributions or ideas.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 19, 2009
even know i havent been here long... this is my favorite game on the forum! I am definately supporting you. Do I have permission to use the pic in your sig?

This is the best game here, but if you want it to be colorful why did you name it Pokemon Grey, the name made me want to gag when i first heard it, no offense... But GREY?!?! lol, sorry...

Last edited:

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
The name Grey is probably going to end up being some sort of joke, because it is a definite misnomer.

And, blueguy, it's nice to see all of the work you are putting into this project!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back