• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Where do you hang around the most?

LividZephyr

Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks
Years
In D/P/P, I spent a lot of time on the Solaceon Pike, hatching eggs while I kept getting more from the day-care man. Also ran some errands for the newspaper.

In HG/SS, I go to Goldenrod a lot because, well, it's Goldenrod and there's so much to do there. But I like going everywhere since there are all kinds of places!

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
I don't usually stay in one place for a long time in my Diamond game. I just fly to random places, to random cities, battle the people who lost to me once, and train my Piplup, who, as I remember, is around level 96. But if I had to choose one place to stay, it would be in the contest hall. I like Dawn's outfit. Haha.

Years
(Trying to keep this alive)

In D/P/Pt I usually hang around the Contest Hall cos I love Dawn's contest dress and the cute music gets me hooked.

For HG/SS it would be Ecruteak City cos I adore the Japanese-sounding music in the Dance Theater.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
Id' probably hang around Goldenrod or the pokeathlon in HG/SS for obvious reasons.

In Platinum after the post game stuff i'd usually hang around the the survival area to battle the gym leaders and the rival again.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
In the 4th Gen games, I was often breeding and RNG abusing Pokemon. I'd fly to any place to hatch the egg in a 'cool' location, like Seafoam Islands if I'm hatching a Water type Pokemon. I was also trading a lot, so I'd be in a Pokemon Center or in the GTS building. If I needed to quickly train something, I'd fly to the (Platinum's) Survival Area's Battleground or Saffron City's Dojo to rebattle the Gym Leaders.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
D/P/Pt - The Underground. I love the mining aspect to it. (I like games that feature something like this, Spectrobes and Fossil Fighters are some of my favorite games because of that.)

HG/SS - It varies. I split my time between the Battle Frontier and the Pokethalon.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
Just traveling all along the place cos HG/SS is one of the games with the most scenic places in my opinion.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
D/P/Pt - The Underground. I love the mining aspect to it. (I like games that feature something like this, Spectrobes and Fossil Fighters are some of my favorite games because of that.)

This has been me lately in DPPt. The Underground is so addicting and I love the mechanics and idea behind it. Also I spend alot of time between routes 210, Solaceon Town and 209 cause I do alot of breeding.

As for HGSS, the Pokeathlon and The Safari Zone. The games are really fun and challenging and I like the idea of customizing the Safari Zone to get what ever Pokemon you can.

KitsuneLugia96

Trainer Silver
Years
Well in D/P/P I don't stay in one spot long enough to say where I spend most of my time.

In HG/SS I spend most of my time in Ecruteak city, mainly because I love the city and the music.

Turboblaze

Blazing Aura
Years
In hg/ss I spend most of my time in Kanto but to be more specific, around Saffron City because I always have a gym leader or two to rematch.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I can't remember the spelling of the town, but it's the one on D/P/Pt that has a daycare center.
That's where I am most of the time. It just seems like a nice little town.

Honestly, I can't remember where I stay on HG/SS. I was stupid enough to reset both games without thinking and now I can only access the first few towns (though tonight I'm going to send over a high level to rip through the gym leaders).

Years
I mostly stay around the post game island (can't remember its name), but it's where the battle facility is.
Mainly because there are high level wild Pokemon round there.

Sazandora

bleh
Years
  • Seen Nov 8, 2015
In Platinum, I like the Grand Lake Hotel and the beach route beneath it. Mainly because I really like the music there, and the whole aesthetic of the place.

Rewy

untitled follower
Years
In Platinum I just biked around Solaceon, because it was the longest straight line that I could bike back and forth while hatching eggs.
In my Diamond however I then took the babies straight up to Survival Area and leveled them. *shrug*

For Heartgold... Ecruteak City... the Park area before Tin Tower. And on my SoulSilver, I just watch snow falling with Red at Mt.Silver.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
Since this is about five games:

In Pokemon Pearl, I spent most of my time Underground trying to dig for fossils, stones, etc.
In Pokemon Platinum, I spent most of my time in the Battle Frontier because I wanted to get all colored prints (which I still cannot do)
In Pokemon SoulSilver I spent most of my time in either the Battle Frontier and the Pokeathlon. I finally finished the Pokeathlon, but still did not complete the Battle Frontier -____-"

:t354:TG

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
Years
I always or usually am running around random cities. I always get the feeling there is something i can find no one else has. But, usually I am just walking around Mt. Silver or Goldenrod city in SS, or in the Battle Island place in Platinum.

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2020
For Sinnoh I roamed the fields surrounding Solaceon Town in my quest for newly hatched pokemon.

In Johto, I found my self spending time participating in the Pokeathelon.

Lateon

The Eon Follower
Years
In Plat, I used to hang around my villa, since i spent all that money decorating it. In HG, I was hanging around Goldenrod because that was my favorite city. B/W I hang around Undella Bay, mainly because I can battle Cynthia in the Spring

Back