• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

You know Pokemon is trolling you when...

ahmet476

standing around
Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2014
You really don't care about catching pokémon and completing pokédex but you want that pokémon because it's cute. Turns out it has one of the lowest catch rates.

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
Years
Not me but this happened to someone else. When you run into a shiny Minccino before the game even starts! Yeah, the pokemon in the introduction sequence also seems to have randomly generated stats and this is what happens when Arceus hates you.

Volcanix769

Known as the Quilava Guy!
Years
If you tend to catch a Moltres with its HP almost down, 7 turns passed, and is Para haxed. I try to use 15 Timer Balls, some are 2 rolls, some just barely catch it, and not one is close to being captured. Use Ultra Balls, same result. I gave up on catching some legendaries. Or Confusion(mainly Swagger), which made me switch out immediately and rage.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
When you accidentally trade for a hacked Nidoran.
Oops apparently whoever I got it from didn't know this. It's cool, though. Shiny Nidoran is still a shiny Nidoran. (;

Praisedscooter

Gym Leader wannabe
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2012
In Platinum when trying to catch Creselia, I would do the route swapping trick, but it would stay in the pokepark routes for minutes at a time, then when it did come by, it would magically teleport over by the pokemon league, loop around where I'm route hopping, and go right back to the pokepark.

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2020
You know Pokemon is trolling you when you find a shiny Gravler... with Selfdestruct

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
You know when Pokémon is trolling when you find a wild shiny Jolteon... while inside the Battle Pyramid.

and similarly while battling at the Battle Tower, and battling a shiny Metagross.

Also: losing to the 49th person's last Pokémon at the Battle Tower.

and lastly, finding a shiny Combee... a male shiny Combee...

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
Years
  • Va
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
When you're in a battle with Palmer's Rhyperior only to have it use Ice Beam on your Dragonite at the last moment; unfortunately that's how my friend ended up, haha.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
I know when Pokemon is trolliing me whenever I lowered the status on a legendary Pokemon, put them to sleep and do False Swipe and I end up using all of my Pokeballs. And I'm just sitting there like what the heck? -_-"

:t354:TG

Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2014
you know it's trolling you when your light platinum rom somehow vanishes and forces you to start from the beginning...

Sassy Milkshake

It's ok to cry.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
You know when Pokémon is trolling when you find a wild shiny Jolteon... while inside the Battle Pyramid.

and similarly while battling at the Battle Tower, and battling a shiny Metagross.

Also: losing to the 49th person's last Pokémon at the Battle Tower.

and lastly, finding a shiny Combee... a male shiny Combee...
Despite that not being as bad the previous two you mentioned, I still find that ridiculously unlucky. ;P

For me, I'd say accuracy is always trolling me. Stone Edge, Focus Blast and Aqua Tail all missing like 5 times in a row. Then Hypnosis hits on the first turn.

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2013
Every time I used counter, I got attacked with leer. When I didn't, they used Bite. And when I decided to use counter, they decided to 1-hit KO my Riolu with Tackle. What. The. Heck.

Same thing, but with Sucker Punch.... Annoying

Back