• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Repost | R/S/E/FR/LG] How to change Pokémon sprites (Beginners guide)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
Oh okay! I figured after a while that it wasn't the same sprite. Haha

I'm assuming it's the same with the choose your gender trainers.

Yep.

ive tryee and tryed and cant seem too get my d/p pokemon intto my game like the pokemon opal and coral creator kike could somone pm me some tip or a tut.

The sprites have to be indexed and have the same size as the ones you're replacing.

Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2007
ummm im trying to import a sprite but everytime i do it says "compresed size is 658 which is too big. aborting. how do i make it smaller so it can imported. respone asap

Mewten1

A Wanna Be Rom Hacker
Years
  • Seen Aug 12, 2007
Hey can anyone help when I open the program unLZ-GBA and open my rom(pokemon ruby) it brings all the sprites up as a mess of colors. I don't know how to get it to display the pokemon sprite can someone help me.

Arumus

Insert user title here..
Years
Hey, I been trying to get a picture of Piplup to replace Bulbasaur on Unlz GBA. I saved the Bulbasaur picture, and I did not put the Piplup picture on the saved file of the Bulbasaur picture as it makes its colour go green.

piplupim4.png

So I added Piplups picture from a differant file onto Bulbasaurs place and it goes like this.

bulbasaurgk9.png

Explained to the best of my ability.

Years
  • Seen Jun 19, 2008
I have a question lets say i have this sprite:
dpmba394.png

how do index it? lets say i want to replace it with MARSHTOMP so i open the MARSHTOMP sprite with paint i delete MARSHTOMP but i keep the background and give the same bacjground colour to the other guy. than i copy the other guy into MARSHTOMP 's sprite but than i get strange coulours. and usally its saying its to big
but with indexed sprites i doesent say so. so how do i index

Lyzo

Back from vacation
Years
Intro brendan

Um sorry but o can't seem to find the intro version of brendan. you know in dark colors.
does anyone know which one it is? it is for Emerald.
nvm i found it

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 8, 2007
help needed

when i export a image from unzl-gba I opened paint and deleted the pokemon(saved the background) and pasted a new pokemon(one from d/p) and the colours got screwed up(e.x. where purple was now is dark yellow or something like that),please help

Hyunbin

w00t!~
Years
when i export a image from unzl-gba I opened paint and deleted the pokemon(saved the background) and pasted a new pokemon(one from d/p) and the colours got screwed up(e.x. where purple was now is dark yellow or something like that),please help

u have to change the palette
there's different ways to do it though

Years
  • Seen Jan 29, 2009
This might sound a bit stupid, but I don't know how to index a sprite, could anyof you please tell me how?

Attack_of_the_Turtwig

Super Turtwig
Years
  • Seen Apr 12, 2007
Erm... when i put in a sprite, the palettes get messed up... palkia vanishes except for his pearl on his shoulder which is barely visible... it has happened with other sprites too...

Years
  • Seen Oct 19, 2009
arghhh! i don't know how to make a indexed png... i'm using paint..can anyone help :/

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 20, 2017
how or

how or with wich tool you can change the batle sprite of the trainers

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
Hey, I been trying to get a picture of Piplup to replace Bulbasaur on Unlz GBA. I saved the Bulbasaur picture, and I did not put the Piplup picture on the saved file of the Bulbasaur picture as it makes its colour go green.

piplupim4.png

So I added Piplups picture from a differant file onto Bulbasaurs place and it goes like this.

bulbasaurgk9.png

Explained to the best of my ability.

Emerald has animations too so you have to find the animations (somewhere at 600) put the palette of the pokémon you want and export it. Then put the sprites on the image and insert it back.

arghhh! i don't know how to make a indexed png... i'm using paint..can anyone help :/

Use Irfan View to index your sprites.

how or with wich tool you can change the batle sprite of the trainers

The same way you edit the Pokémon sprites in this tutorial.

Attack_of_the_Turtwig

Super Turtwig
Years
  • Seen Apr 12, 2007
could someone index the back and front sprites of all the diamond and pearl starters except for turtwig? i dont know how really... I am using a program called Ultimate Paint..

Years
  • Seen Sep 8, 2007
(I'm using a Fire Red rom)

I find the Pokemon image, replace it with an idexed image with the same dimensions, write the rom and point the offset to empty space. Nothing happens and I have the same Pokemon as before.

Why? What's going on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back