• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Release] Pokémon Essentials, version 9 - 11th August 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Thank you Maruno...

First you've managed to make me addicted to Voltorb Flip and now to the new Mining Minigame >.>

But I still <3 your hard work on Essentials :D

Jay RainbowHeart

Hoenn Elite
Years
A Few Questions

Not sure if I can ask questions in this thread but how do I actually access events anyhow? I've been using Essentials for around four days now (awesome game by the way), and I tried my best to watch videos and read tutorials, all I saw was scripting and processing but not how to get to the events. I mean the kind where I can place NPCs down and all, plus that I wanna delete a Roxanne sprite who's battle sprite was accidentally deleted and I saved on the bottom of the screen, there's that blocked little path too so basically I'm stuck with an error until I figure out how to delete it, I just wanted to know if anyone knows what I have to do to open the Mapping section and Event sections, if it's anything I like about games it's NPCs, especially when I learn how to set a particular Pokemon, (like maybe setting a Tyranitar in a deep cave as an interactive battle). Anyway, I thank you for help if you reply, and I really love the game. Keep up the good work! ..Like a bawss, that is.

Pharetra

zzzz
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 23, 2021
Not sure if I can ask questions in this thread but how do I actually access events anyhow? I've been using Essentials for around four days now (awesome game by the way), and I tried my best to watch videos and read tutorials, all I saw was scripting and processing but not how to get to the events. I mean the kind where I can place NPCs down and all, plus that I wanna delete a Roxanne sprite who's battle sprite was accidentally deleted and I saved on the bottom of the screen, there's that blocked little path too so basically I'm stuck with an error until I figure out how to delete it, I just wanted to know if anyone knows what I have to do to open the Mapping section and Event sections, if it's anything I like about games it's NPCs, especially when I learn how to set a particular Pokemon, (like maybe setting a Tyranitar in a deep cave as an interactive battle). Anyway, I thank you for help if you reply, and I really love the game. Keep up the good work! ..Like a bawss, that is.
Just so you know, Essentials is not a game :p

Do you have RPG Maker XP? I think you're using the Game.exe and Editor.exe. To "place" NPC's and map, you need Enterbrain's RPG Maker XP (which can be found here:http://www.rpgmakerweb.com/).

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
Just so you know, Essentials is not a game :p
Just so you know, it absolutely is. :P It's just a game which isn't compiled and has very few maps and no plot, and people tend to change it themselves once they download it.

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
Years
This release was on my birthday :) lol I like the updates good job keep them coming... I was a bit curious do you plan to do anything to the multiplayer support?

Maruno

Years
I'd need to learn about multiplayer first, and it's not high on my list. I am assuming, of course, that no one else wants to help out in that aspect.

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
Years
I'd need to learn about multiplayer first, and it's not high on my list. I am assuming, of course, that no one else wants to help out in that aspect.

I doubt they will, lol. I'm not really interested(was a little curious). I don't use essentials I just stop by from time to time to check on progress..

Years
  • Seen Feb 17, 2017
Hey, Maruno! First of all thanks for the Essentials. Can I translate it to portuguese? (of course you and everybody who worked on it will be credited.)
Sorry for my english.

Maruno

Years
Hey, Maruno! First of all thanks for the Essentials. Can I translate it to portuguese? (of course you and everybody who worked on it will be credited.)
Sorry for my english.
Sure, go ahead. There are some notes on the wiki about translating Essentials. If you find anything that needs altering in order to make translations easier, let me know.

Years
  • Seen Feb 17, 2017
just one small little think. How I change the word "Pokémon" in the kind to the back. Example: Bulbasaur the Seed Pokémon to Bulbasaur the Pokémon Seed. This doesn't make sense in English but in portuguese this order is inversed. Thank you.
Sorry for my English.

Maruno

Years
When you extract the text (which is how you should go about making a translation - see the wiki), that phrase will appear as {1:s} Pokémon. Turn that around to be Pokémon {1:s}.

zingzags

PokemonGDX creator
Years

If I knew I could of helped, but the only little I can do is tell you the logic part, which I bet you already figured out.

Maruno

Years
I haven't actually thought about multiplayer at all yet, in any form. I've been doing other things.

Regardless, this isn't the thread to discuss it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back