• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Vivillon Forms

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaoMint

☘ 小猫咪 ☘
Years
What do you guys think of the large amount of Vivillon forms?
Apart from Unown and Arceus I don't believe there are any other Pokémon with this many different forms? : )
Which form do you like best and plan on using (that is - if at all. :'D )

InMooseWeTrust

Jack of All Trades
Years
I have no idea, and not sure how many people care about trading them anyway.

Still, it will be nice to be in a battle with someone who has six different kinds of Vivillon.

I have the Polar form. Do you want to trade?

H4tT8oY.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
I've started collecting forms. So far I have seen (traded and then traded away):

Garden
Elegant
Meadow
River
Continental
Modern
and High Plains

My main Vivillon (lv 45) is a Garden variety. :)

Years
I love the concept they did here with Vivillon's wing patterns, making them different depending on your region and/or country that your game is from. I also like how diverse the colors they used are as well.

My region gets the River Pattern (the one with tan wings that has blue on the bottom) and it's my fave of the bunch too. I guess these forms might also be a great way to encourage players to use the GTS (or whatever it is) more so they can see and collect all the different wing patterns.

Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2016
I have the High Plains one, i was surprised to see that form as the first i'm happy with it. Vivillion looks the best in 3D so far IMO. I like the Monsoon and ??? ones the best.

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
So many pretty patterns! I didn't know it was based on our RL region though, so thanks for the info, Hikari! And I guess you're right, this does seem like a good way to encourage worldwide trades, plus the more you trade with people far away, you get PokeMiles (or something like that), that you can use to get items in-game.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I ended up with Modern which made me a little sad since I really wanted Polar. Going to go on a trading spree to at least collect the different forms.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I love how they made every pattern region specific!! Its such a nice detail and there are so many to see and collect. If anyone needs a marine one for their Pokedex, let me know! :D

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I went back to the forest to catch a scatterbug just to see what pattern it would evolve into.

I got a Garden pattern Vivillon. I like it but I doubt I'll really use it.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
The Vivillon in my party is Modern and I really enjoy it, although I'd like to see a few more. They're pretty cool designs, though. The colors on almost all of them are nice.

atomtanned

Delinquent
Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2022
Does anyone want to do tradebacks to get the different forms in their dex? I have a Modern pattern Vivillion :)

I didn't even realize there were so many patterns, but what a cool idea!

Syvelocin

Eevee Breeder
Years
I think I have High Plains.

How are the regions determined, any guesses? Cause I'm pretty west of the Rockies lol. No where close to the plains. I'd imagine either marine or I guess garden, since there's no forest.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I got Elegant and was pretty disappointed since I'd read that Meadow was supposed to be the Japanese one and I was really looking forward to a pink one. T_T I love Sun's design, too. I think after my top two favourites, though, the one I got might be the one I like most out of the leftovers so I can't complain too much.

Very interested to hear how the designs are determined, though. Even if you drastically change your (NA) region, I've heard the design is locked in once you start the game.

bobpickle

Beginner Hacker
Years
  • Seen Jun 25, 2014
I have a Spewpa still, but I am from Canada and I will eventually get the Polar Vivillion.

I dont mind the Polar but there are other ones I would prefer, I might trade it once it evolves. If anyone likes the Polar and wants to add it to their collection send me a PM and maybe we can discuss.

I like the Garden, Continental, Modern, Sun, Icy Snow and Archipelago Vivillions.

Years
I wound up with the Modern Vivillon and I haven't bothered with trading it yet, but I do like the idea of having region-specific formes like this :D

MaoMint

☘ 小猫咪 ☘
Years
Oh my - I didn't know it was based on "real" regions!
Personaly I haven't gotten any yet to be honest. Haven't trained one yet.
But I love the elegant one as I am a purple lover. : )
Sun and Savannah are lovely too!
Is it already known which form comes from which areas?

Years
I have a Garden one which is probably the ugliest one, I'd love to have Icy Snow. Which region gets Icy Snow? I saw an image with some of the locations earlier, but I can't find it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back