• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

TC Revamp [thx for the feedback <3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 4, 2013
I suppose. I have been on other forums where they do regulate it very well. The thing about that is that this particular forum is loads more advanced than the others. I had little clue about flawless and EV trained pokemon before I got here, I knew I could get them and the advantages but I did not have to actively pursue it till I got here. (I actually did not know about IVs till I came onto this site and saw it being used.)

As for the trading, I admit to over-exaggeration. Though you have to admit it is theoretically possible and one would feel good to have all pokemon with their OT shown everywhere.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
If all we are going to do is add a Graveyard forum then instead of having two separate Quick Trade Threads which seem unnecessary just turn the Hack Checking/Cloning Topic into a general service topic. That way requests like Trade Evolutions, Transfers, EV requests, Item trades go to the service topic. And Quick Trade Thread would only allow small pokemon trades only.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
If all we are going to do is add a Graveyard forum then instead of having two separate Quick Trade Threads which seem unnecessary just turn the Hack Checking/Cloning Topic into a general service topic. That way requests like Trade Evolutions, Transfers, EV requests, Item trades go to the service topic. And Quick Trade Thread would only allow small pokemon trades only.

Yeah but having a thread for all of that would be to cluttered. And would require quite a few reliable TC regulars to run it. \: And there aren't many TC regulars that can offer most of the services. A Quick Trade thread for Misc services would be a lot easier.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
Wouldn't be any more cluttered then having two separate Quick Trades and a separate thread for Hack Checking and Cloning by itself. You don't need TC regulars to run trade backs or transfers do yea? The only thing that really seems to need to be ran by TC vets, regulars or whatever you want to call them is Hack Checking and Cloning. I don't see how it is any more or less easier then just having all services in one topic, instead of splitting them up and just having two separate from the rest when we get down too it they are all services one in the same. Just seems like a wasted pinned topic imo for misc services. I have seen service threads else where and they ran fine, so until we put it into practice we really can't tell.

Years
Glad you finally made this. You already know what we discussed, and it's already been mentioned.

The only thing I'd like to add is maybe get you some extra staff help here, as Aura is usually tied up in CBC, and this forum is incredibly busy for one person alone to handle easily. cough tooting my own horn here but w/e

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2015
Selfish much Live? Give other people a chance. xP But yes, it would be nice to have more mods who are more involved in the trading community.

I know this seems gimmicky, but why not add some activities to Trade Corner once in a while. Egg Swaps seem to be pretty successful in drawing activity. Breeding contests can be held for newbies & veterens. Anything that boosts activity & can keep members here helps.

And to add my opinion on what everyone is talking about...
The purpose of hack checking & cloning is to provide a service to traders that are not readily available. Things like trade evolutions, item trades, & EV training requests can all be requested in a shop or the quick trade thread. Poke Transfers is somewhat debatable. It's not something that is available to everyone, but can be offered in the QTT or in shops with out having to be regulated. Although I would caution people to clone their pokémon before transferring them. If anything were to go wrong, you still have a copy.

With all that all that being said hack checking + cloning belong in a services thread together. They're both services being provided to the masses. I don't see why the should have their own threads. Just fill out a simple form & the cloners/checkers will pick up the pokémon.

Graveyard forum...yes! I'm so sick of spam. We need it.

I wouldn't know how big of a problem Quick Trade Thread is having with determining which generation people are trading with, but if it's that much of a bother, then separate them.

This may add more clutter, but I wouldn't be opposed to a general guide thread. Guides for IV breeding, EV training, 4th & 5th Gen RNG abuse, putting together a CSS template could all be things that would be found in that thread. Of course many of these resources already exist throughout the forums, but I believe they would be put to more effective use here in Trade corner.

Back to the cloning thread, if official cloners are chosen I think it'd be wise to add a limit chosen by the cloner & displayed in the thread.
Example:
Cloner 1 (6 pokémon per day)
Cloner 2 (no limit)
Cloner 3 (cloning available through 5-6pm GMT -4)

Anyways, those are my thoughts.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
I really hope tons more traders post here; don't be shy! Even a yes or no or idea can help make a difference. ^_^

This is what I gathered.
Major suggestions
  • Official Cloning / Hack Checking Sticky Thread (regulated, outlined, prerequisites)
    For: twistedpuppy, Kenshin5, RoseBlade, dragonomega
    Against:
  • Graveyard sub-forum
    For: Kenshin5, Eldena, dragonomega, PokéSwimmer, twistedpuppy
    Against:
  • Multiple sub-forums
    For:
    Against: dragonomega
    Not Sure: Kenshin5, Pokemon Game Fan
  • Helpful Guides Sticky (one thread includes topics: thread presentation, RNG, EV, IV)
    For: Eldena, PokéSwimmer, RoseBlade, twistedpuppy, Kenshin5
    Against:
  • Quick Trade Misc Services Sticky Thread
    For: dragonomega
    Against: twistedpuppy, Kenshin5

Minor suggestions
  • Post 4th/5thGeneration in QTT; okay
  • Events in TC; okay but let's focus on the dirty work, then party later
  • Announcement about our Trade chatroom in Pokemon Online; okay
  • Limits on cloning requests to not overwork cloners; okay
  • I see a bit discussion about how mass cloning can cause a stale market. What is immensely making Trade become boring is the influx of free downloadables (Mat, Infi, etc). People need to breed their own (unique) Pokemon and spark competition and variety (optional: feeling like a boss). I hope the RNG guides provide useful, or at least the guides can stress the importance of having an attractable thread and inventory. You're really showing a part of yourself in your trade shop so you might as well put much effort in it.
  • More staff; ohu!
  • Eventually allow cloning in shops; ohu guiz!
  • Shop Index or Member Index; no, who's going to update those? -sobs-

Last edited:

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
I dunno about multiple sub forums. I was just thinking of one if being Shops if that trades wanted it and the Graveyard thing wasn't going to be implemented.

I am for the Helpful Guides as long as they are on housed in one topic. Like the respective Gaming Boards do with their Frequently Asked Questions Topic.

Just wondering but would an increase in the number of pokemon a topic is allowed be a need? Cause I see some iffy topics that seem between should be in Quick Trade Thread to a borderline shop. Maybe that's cause they aren't formatted like a shop(which hopefully if people read a thread presentation shop they will at least spruce it up a bit even if it is small). Or they are looking for more then the bare minimum of 10, like for instance somebody is looking for every starter expect Unova(maybe throw in a couple legendary pokes) that's more then 10 but really that's a temp topic that would clutter the forum up just as much as the topics that should be in Quick Trade and are almost the same amount. Maybe a stricter stance on topics being posted should come into play?

Years
I really hope tons more traders post here; don't be shy! Even a yes or no or idea can help make a difference. ^_^

This is what I gathered.
Major suggestions
  • Official Cloning / Hack Checking Sticky Thread (regulated, outlined, prerequisites)
    For: twistedpuppy, Kenshin5, RoseBlade, dragonomega, Livewire
    Against:
  • Graveyard sub-forum
    For: Kenshin5, Eldena, dragonomega, PokéSwimmer, twistedpuppy, Livewire
    Against:
  • Multiple sub-forums
    For:
    Against: dragonomega
    Not Sure: Kenshin5, Pokemon Game Fan
  • Helpful Guides Sticky (one thread includes topics: thread presentation, RNG, EV, IV)
    For: Eldena, PokéSwimmer, RoseBlade, twistedpuppy, Kenshin5, Livewire
    Against:
  • Quick Trade Misc Services Sticky Thread
    For: dragonomega
    Against: twistedpuppy, Kenshin5, Livewire

Bolded the ones I agree with. ;)

Years
  • Seen Jun 16, 2012
One thing that is a personal pet peeve of mine is when people post tradeshops and don't list what generation they're trading. I'd like to see it required for shops to be labeled as 4th Gen, 5th Gen, or Both. This way I can see at a glance while scrolling through the shops which ones I'm interested without having to go in to each shop and see if it's mentioned in the post.

johnny18

Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die
Years
Mods: we definitely need more as I barely see Aurafire. I have to say TwilightBlade did a good job handling the trade corner by herself though.

Graveyard Sub forum: Not so sure about it since we already have a bumping action, all the closed thread will eventually come down to bottom.

Cloning can be added to the already-have sticky Hack-check thread.

The daily trade corner chit chat can be changed into the sticky chit-chat/Question/RNG help thread since people mostly talk about their RNG pokemons anyway. Under the rule for the thread, we just need the mod add a post where they can do a guide for RNG (in simple word, smogon is just too "fancy").

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
Years
On the topic of RNG guides:

If we were to include guides, I think it would be best if PC had its own RNG guides rather than use those of other sites (who would write them though?). Personally, I'd be down to write a text/visual guide focusing on PPRNG (the Mac counterpart to RNG Reporter) in my free time. Unfortunately though, I wouldn't be able to write one for RNG Reporter since I don't own a Windows computer.

Also, there are ways of cloning without AR, so wouldn't having a guide on that help alleviate a good portion of the work of the "official cloners" (should this service be implemented)?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 3, 2022
Well....... I know this isn't smogon, but I would say we add a thread that will explain to other players how to rng abuse just in case.

And also, this might not be a good idea.... but.... perhaps we can add a thread where we can put a list of players who are reliable like twilightblade, and the others who are good traders. And we can also add a list of players who are trolls (like lolpo), banned, and those are unreliable. =/

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
One thing that is a personal pet peeve of mine is when people post tradeshops and don't list what generation they're trading. I'd like to see it required for shops to be labeled as 4th Gen, 5th Gen, or Both. This way I can see at a glance while scrolling through the shops which ones I'm interested without having to go in to each shop and see if it's mentioned in the post.
I think it would be nice if they just stated what FC/Game they were trading from the get go so the trade would flow smoother for both parties. I don't see the shops really need labels at this time. If the people have their friend codes listed in their OP or Sig then it is not that hard to make an extra click and evaluate the shop while you are looking at potential pokemon you are interested in. I guess it would be somewhat helpful, but I personally wouldn't want a prefix added to my shop if I currently had one active.

The daily trade corner chit chat can be changed into the sticky chit-chat/Question/RNG help thread since people mostly talk about their RNG pokemons anyway. Under the rule for the thread, we just need the mod add a post where they can do a guide for RNG (in simple word, smogon is just too "fancy").
I am in favor of this. That way we don't have to create an extra sticky that won't be used outside of the occasional person looking for info in the guides.

Also, there are ways of cloning without AR, so wouldn't having a guide on that help alleviate a good portion of the work of the "official cloners" (should this service be implemented)?
I doubt having a cloning guide would really take much requests off the table. AR Cloning seems to be the most convenient so if they don't have to do tedious work themselves then I doubt they will.

And also, this might not be a good idea.... but.... perhaps we can add a thread where we can put a list of players who are reliable like twilightblade, and the others who are good traders. And we can also add a list of players who are trolls (like lolpo), banned, and those are unreliable. =/
Isn't that what White Lists and Black Lists in Players own threads are for? I don't really see the need to add such listing in a thread other then your own. And I really see no point of adding somebody that is banned. Wouldn't their being banned prevent them from trading with anyone new(sure they could go to the trouble of creating a new account, but I doubt that is too prevalent)? Or if they are trolls then they may eventually suffer the same fate as banned people so then just use the report button for that. If there is really a need for this then it could always be added to the Trade Rules and Hack Lists topic.

Last edited:

johnny18

Years

I disagree with this idea. Good, bad, reliable, unreliable traders depend on each person. That's why we have the white list and the black list for. If our forum has a thread just like the blacklisted thread in smogon, it may end up (I'm so sorry, smogon, for saying this) like a joke where people accuse each others.

In fact, we already have a blacklisted pokemon thread. It is a more easier way to prevent the hacked pokemons from being traded.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 3, 2022
Welll..... How about a giveaway section in the tradecorner where we can make giveaway threads?

johnny18

Years
Welll..... How about a giveaway section in the tradecorner where we can make giveaway threads?

We already have a giveaway section in each our own thread or we can just simply post it on the Quick Trade Thread. I have seen two giveaway section in two others forum: smogon and friendcodes and I see that there are not many people do the giveaway so I do not think we need an extra space for it.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
You have my thoughts on this already, but I thought I should scout other people's ideas, being a veteran of this place.

This is something that can go both ways. I don't think it should be necessary, since most people trade with the 5th generation anyway, but just say if you're trading in the fourth generation at the most. I don't think it's needed for Black and White.

Mods: we definitely need more as I barely see Aurafire. I have to say TwilightBlade did a good job handling the trade corner by herself though.

Graveyard Sub forum: Not so sure about it since we already have a bumping action, all the closed thread will eventually come down to bottom.

Cloning can be added to the already-have sticky Hack-check thread.

Mods can be needed, but it's really up to TwilightBlade and the higher staff whether we get more staff working here. A graveyard sub-forum would be something only staff can see, and locked threads get moved there so you can't see them. It also stops all those pointless locked threads from pushing all the good shops down. The DCC is a general place, whereas a compiled guides could be made a sticky here for whatever reason and people can ask in the DCC.

On the topic of RNG guides:

If we were to include guides, I think it would be best if PC had its own RNG guides rather than use those of other sites (who would write them though?). Personally, I'd be down to write a text/visual guide focusing on PPRNG (the Mac counterpart to RNG Reporter) in my free time. Unfortunately though, I wouldn't be able to write one for RNG Reporter since I don't own a Windows computer.

With RNG guides, I've already written guides for DPPt and HGSS RNG abuse, which could be moved here. I'm pretty sure TwilightBlade said she was writing a guide for Black and White, so maybe you could just help her out with the Mac side of things, since it shouldn't be too different.

Well....... I know this isn't smogon, but I would say we add a thread that will explain to other players how to rng abuse just in case.

I'm really against having a thread for who are good and bad traders. Moreso the good traders than anything. Having a list of good traders shadows the other users who aren't defined as "good" but they are and never get trades because of these people who others will always go to.

Also there is the thing about the Whitelist and Blacklist in people's shops, where people can show who they think are good and bad.

Like others have said, there is the Quick Trade thread where you can announce if you're giving away Pokemon, and you can host a giveaway in your own trade thread. And you can have a giveaway if you're offering ten or more Pokemon in this giveaway still.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
I think threads should be approved by a moderator.

Think about how much extra work Blade and Aura would have to take on if thread approval was around. Since Aura isn't around much because he's busy, Blade would probably idk. die. ;; sorry bb. Since there's a lot of threads made in TC. \;

F.Y.I I was for the RNG guides and such. ;-; But Blade, I won't type them up, because hurr hurr. o3o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back