• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How often do you use/visit the Dream World?

Tranca

Monolith
Years
  • Seen Jan 7, 2013
With the release of Pokemon Black/White 2, i've felt that in order to get the "full experience" I should tuck in/wake up a pokemon on both my black1/black2 carts daily.

This can be fairly time consuming, and in addition; I am sick of the Dream World mini games.

Do you use the dream world? If so, how often?

LividZephyr

Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks
Years
I've never used it. I have a stable router with WPA2 security, which is incompatible with the DS Phat. Use of the Dream World would require me to go to another location to use (I'm unemployed). It's a terrible inconvenience if I would need to do so daily, just for a game that I can play without it.

I wish I could use it. But it just isn't convenient for me. Unless there's another way to do it...

Years
I tried it about a half dozen times when I first got my White, but didn't really use it much beyond that. It was cool that I was able to get past generation Pokemon that weren't accessible until the post-game (my Dream World Houndoom stayed in my party through my entire run), but I got bored of it quickly since it was time consuming and could only be done once a day.

It's a good idea, but I'm sure there could have been a better way to execute it.

Tranca

Monolith
Years
  • Seen Jan 7, 2013
Wow - it sounds like the dream world wasn't really that successful. Another amazingly disappointing thing to add...

I once had computer issues and could not sign into the dream world. When I finally could sign in again; I found out that all of my berries had been taken and converted into "Dream Points" because I was absent for 100 days or more.

These dream points were useless to me, as I had already unlocked all of the things dream points can unlock... I lost over a thousand berries, because I did not sign in for 100+ days.

Nowhere I ever saw on the actual dream world site mentioned anything of this 100 day penalty, but it is mentioned in the article on bulbapedia which I looked up following this incident... So, infrequent dreamworld users be warned, don't leave any berry collections you value on your account.

Years
I don't use the Dream World since I don't like the time limits and I usually care more about the main game anyway.

Years
I didn't have reliable WiFi when I first played through White, so I never really wanted to mess around with the Dream World stuff (or any of the online features, for that matter). Now that I have White 2 and a much more reliable internet provider, I actually use the Dream World every day!

In my opinion, it's a shame that you can only grow berries in the Dream World nowadays and I really miss the Berry Pots from Generation IV. I don't know why they kept mulch in the newer games, especially since all you can do is sell them to the maniac.

I mostly use the Dream World to "catch" female Pokémon that have their hidden abilities, since traders always seem interested in them, and to grow Durin Berries. Durin Berries can be sold to the maniac for $500 per berry, which isn't a bad deal, considering you get 15 berries for each plant you harvest. It's certainly no "get rich quick" scheme, but the money definitely starts to add up after a while.

Wateria

The cute team Aqua member
Years
I only use once a week because I fell out of love with it on White 1.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Never, haha. It doesn't interest me for very long when I do it.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I wish I could use the Dream World, but I can't because I've heard of the lag times when the Pokemon I want to put to sleep happening.

Sirfetch’d

I used it on white on a 3 week span, but not anymore. It is time consuming and not worth it, IMO.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I have used it one time, just because I had to use Global Link for Arceus, so I thought I'd give it a whirl. All I can say is thank goodness we can get DW Pokemon from Hidden Grottos now, cause Dream World sucks. lol

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
Visited a few times when Black and White came out but after awhile I didn't, because I didn't like all those minigames.

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2014
For me, I guess I'd be the only one here to say so...but I would open it any day when it's available. When it goes into maintenance, well, what else can I do? Nothing at all.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
When I played White, I visited the dream world every day. Though I wasn't too satisfied because you can only log on one hour per day. I wish I would be able to log on for...two-three hours or until you obtain a dream world Pokemon. xD

sunshinesan

Pokesho fan
Years
  • Seen May 9, 2014
The dream world is such a hassle. I see it as a grind, though necessary to get the best pokemon, items, etc. Recently i've been using it for Join Avenue purposes. I only use it in the middle of a Pokemon addiction, then abandon it for other things, likewise with the games themselves.

Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Jan 29, 2013
I actually haven't used it at all with Black 2 yet, but when I was on completing my Pokédex on Black I was on almost every day finding Pokémon that I needed. I'll get back into it on Black 2 once I complete the storyline most likely.

Back