• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2012 Survivor's Party @ Drakow's House

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
My time off for Christmas starts soon...within a week or so, I believe. I honestly don't remember when it begins. :T

Being homeschooled means I don't always get vacations and days off when the local school does. So I'm glad to have around 2 weeks off for this.

I was homeschooled for about two years, but I never really studied :(. I just did the tests and aced them for each year.

Welp, I'm off to bed. Gotta get up at 4 AM to put on a suit for a mock trial we're doing in civics, so it should be good :). 'night y'all.

Years
I never got to complete my post-school education due to a bully in my class who always teased me, but I finish work for the year next week.

Still thinking what to do for the Christmas holidays given how hot it is in Australia at this time of year. I may consider participating in PC's upcoming Christmas events and also maybe going out for a dip at the beach or something.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I remember when I was younger and I'd watch breakfast TV on Christmas Day. They'd always show footage of Australian Christmases (to make their viewing audiences jealous?) and I'd always be amazed at the Aussies having barbecues on the beach for their traditional Christmas lunch. When I was much younger, I didn't understand the concept of hemispheres and the different temperature changes that result from that, so I thought Australia was some magical place where it never gets cold! (That is kinda true... if Home and Away has taught me anything! :P)

Years
It's not true at all Catdog lmao. Australia has tropical like weather so heavy rain / hail storms do happen. In fact I reckon it hails more often in Australia than it does in the UK.

Years
Catdog's childhood understanding of the world reminds me of how amazed I was as a little kid that the moon and sun would follow you everywhere you went. It was kinda magical, but thankfully I didn't think more than 3 seconds about it or I'd have thought it was kinda creepy.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I guess it would be nice to experience a tropical Christmas. Ive never really had snow on Chrstmas, but it was always cold since Im in the northern hemisphere, but I dont really know what Christmas in a country below the equator or a warm country is like.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
Scarf said:
Catdog's childhood understanding of the world reminds me of how amazed I was as a little kid that the moon and sun would follow you everywhere you went. It was kinda magical, but thankfully I didn't think more than 3 seconds about it or I'd have thought it was kinda creepy.

Heh. I remember how I was told that we revolve around the sun "because it's large" so I immediately put the planets in order of size and tried to make them revolve around each other simultaneously. I think eventually I had us doing a weird figure-of-eight around Jupiter and the sun, lol.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
Heh. I remember how I was told that we revolve around the sun "because it's large" so I immediately put the planets in order of size and tried to make them revolve around each other simultaneously. I think eventually I had us doing a weird figure-of-eight around Jupiter and the sun, lol.

That's SO FUNNY LMFAO. :D

Believe it or not, the Greeks believed that the earth was shaped like a cylindrical disk. For 1000 BC, that's A LOT closer than a square that conveniently fits on a map lol.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
Inb4 "you're still short" jokes.
Ah, you beat me :p

Don't really remember many "I used to think"s

I think once thought that if I could somehow fit my NES cartridges into the floppy drive on my dad's work laptop that I would be able to play games with better graphics

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Y'all be talking about exams and childhoods and jokes and stuff. //pfft

I don't even start my midterms until sometime after the winter break . . . there's still no snow here. It's snowing, but there's no snow on the ground. It makes me sadface. :C

When I was little, I remember . . . being stupid. (There were a lot of strange things going on in my head back then that I can't remember, lol.)

I'm hoping to get some Skyrim Dlc for Christmas, plus get my Xbox LIVE Gold renewed, lol. I just found my Skyrim game and got Hearthfire, so I have ways of remaining occupied until that time comes, lol.
Now I just have to worry about my boyfriend, because he has this annoying habit of spending money on me. @_@ I'm going to have to go buy him a bunch of presents to keep up, lol.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Let's see...

I used to think that "broken heart" and "heart attack" were one and the same, namely, I thought both pertained to cardiac arrest. Likewise with "passed out" and "passed away." When some of my classmates fainted due to heat exhaustion and the teacher said they passed out, I thought they were taking things calmly considering someone just died, lol.

And related to Pokemon, I thought that the NPC in the Pokemon League in Blue who said, "If you lose [to the Elite Four], you have to start all over again!" meant that if I lost I would have to start the game all over again from Pallet Town xD

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
Let's see...

I used to think that "broken heart" and "heart attack" were one and the same, namely, I thought both pertained to cardiac arrest. Likewise with "passed out" and "passed away." When some of my classmates fainted due to heat exhaustion and the teacher said they passed out, I thought they were taking things calmly considering someone just died, lol.

And related to Pokemon, I thought that the NPC in the Pokemon League in Blue who said, "If you lose [to the Elite Four], you have to start all over again!" meant that if I lost I would have to start the game all over again from Pallet Town xD

wow, lol. I think if that were true and you did have to restart from Pallet town Id have given up on Pokemon. Ive never gotten terms like that confused or at least I dont remember.

Years

I actually thought this too. XD

I remember challenging the league for the first time and going into another room in complete silence, totally focused in, because I thought it was all over if I lost. XD

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Glad I wasn't the only one who thought that, lol. I remember level grinding to like level 73 or 74 just to make absolute sure I wouldn't lose, and that might have been how I started becoming a compulsive level grinder in RPG's in general.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I actually thought this too. XD

I remember challenging the league for the first time and going into another room in complete silence, totally focused in, because I thought it was all over if I lost. XD
Even if that were true, though, presumably you'd have saved the game before setting off into your first E4 battle? Or were you one of those kids that just lived life on the edge, man?

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
I was the kid who a) saved afetr every fight, b) used a million recovery items and c) bruteforced my way using a Venusaur only XD Were you supposed to train any more pokémon anyway?

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I would save before and after every elite 4 battle, and then spam revives and Full Restores on my Pokemon and then go on to the next battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back