• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] My fakemon

Years
  • Age 25
  • UK
  • Seen Nov 3, 2017
I actually have some fakemon designs myself although I'm not very good at spriting so i just have drawn art work

fSQamQQ.png

Here's Lycae, the grass starter. It's based on the lycaenops
Here's the Shiny form
6VQiBFP.png

At level 14, it evolves into...
HPNPJh9.png

LYCAEEDLE! it's a pure grass type and here's the shiny form
8A2mDkc.png

At level 36, Lycaeedle evolves into...
9PuGSnj.png

Lycaepine which is a Grass/Dark type, here's the shiny
DblWhRz.png

I'll post the fire starter when I figure out how to do those spoiler tag hidey things

Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2021
They look really good! Although the sprite of Lycae seems to be missing it's right arm.
I think I see it on a close look, but I'd still suggest raising it slightly to distinguish it from it's foot.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
I really like your choice of colors! I will say that you do have a tendency to make certain features come across as very flat, however: like, the water duck in your signature, his tail seems very two dimensional in comparison to the rest of his body.

I think your sprites are actually pretty decent for someone who claims not to be good at them! Lycae's back kinda makes it seem like he has a shell though, when that feature isn't apparent in your drawing. Additionally, the left eye doesn't seems super complimentary to the right eye, and vice versa ... one looks far more open than the other in the position you took. I concur with Black Temple above as well: while I see the right arm, it's far too low and blends into the foot, giving both appendages a weird look.​

Years
  • Age 25
  • UK
  • Seen Nov 3, 2017
I've updated the designs and shinies of Lycae and Lycaeedle
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

I want to fully redesign the starters before I continue

Also thanks for your input guys. i love seeing feedback!

Back