• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Completely Hacking the Fire Red Title Screen by DawnRyder

Maco

learning the ropes...
Years
Does anybody know how to get rid of that animation where everything slides in on the firered titlescreen?

I'd like to know this too... It's the last glitchy bit left. The background is there, then random colours from the palette slide across, followed by the background again. Makes the whole thing look unprofessional.

Shiny Quagsire

I'm Still Alive, Elsewhere
Years
I took a looksy at the origanal tilemap and the pallet is filled with 'F's. Maybe that's how press start flashes. If not that, then maybe "Press Start" has a designated area for it to flash.

Midori

Deep Sea Tentacruel
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 19, 2010
I need help editing the title in the titlescreen. I made an attempt to duplicate process used for 16 color stuff, and it didn't work. It wound up like this:

Surely somebody can help me with this?

Midori

Deep Sea Tentacruel
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 19, 2010
That may well be part of the problem, but the other part is that FIRERED is NOT what I inputted into the slot where the title used to be. If somebody could do part three of this tutorial, I'm sure my problem would go away.

Years
  • Seen Jul 30, 2023
So I edited the words "Fire Red Version" and everything worked fine. I got it inserted into the rom without a problem. But now whenever I play the rom, I get to the title screen and everything goes black. What did I do wrong?

Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2010
Okay but i get an ugly darkrai..
i didnt used the sprite from Dp as it's not ncie..
so i load my own one and set it to 80x80
i did all the steps but when i play the game i can only see the pokemon title distorted in where i put it...
so i used my backup and made another backup(for safety)
i did the same steps and this time i load the raw on 2011(Mine is BRPE so charizard is 2010)
and the pokemon pic is there but background gone and the background colour of the pokemmon pic is greenish..
any help?

I have the same problem,
could you please tell me how you solved this?
thanks.

Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2010
This is probably a very stupid question, but how do I make that tile transparent?
I tried to use my own background, but couldn't work that step out, so I skipped it,
but when you load the game in VBA, my background only has outlines, and you can see the
original background though it.

Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2012
Change the fiest color in the pallette to the one you want to be transparent, in his example, the black

Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2010
Ok, so I managed to get past that.
My next problem is that the original flames show up where that transparent spot is.
How do I get rid of them?

Shiny Quagsire

I'm Still Alive, Elsewhere
Years
It works fine for me. Heres my title screen:

picture.php

And yes, I have not changed the background. Why? Did the charizard and then made a backup of the ROM. Did the background and when I get to the title screen the music carries on and I get a black screen. All I want to do is palette edit the 2 red bars. Who has the offset for APE for those? Is it the background palette?

The offset is 00EAE094. I have a .ini file with a lot of offsets. Just paste it into your APE folder, and look through the bookmarks.

humanguy2000

NSMBW hacker
Years
I accidently pressed enter. :( Now it says I deleted my post because "The hack was" I need to change it to: "The hack is no longer being made" Anyway, nice tut. Here is my result:

Spoiler:

My epic skills made the screwy things appear. I can't fix this. Any ideas?

Xela

Do you believe in yourself?
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 18, 2024
This tutorial is awesome and very easy to follow.
Also, you can remove or replace the flames from the background if you want to.
In FireRed (U) go to 141 (or somewhere close that looks like flames) and replace the image with desired type of flames or simply overwrite it with a blank image.

Once again, awesome tutorial! Will help a lot of people! :)

I accidently pressed enter. :( Now it says I deleted my post because "The hack was" I need to change it to: "The hack is no longer being made" Anyway, nice tut. Here is my result:

Spoiler:

My epic skills made the screwy things appear. I can't fix this. Any ideas?
It might be your ROM.
Try again and if it still appears, then I don't really know what is causing this.

Mr. Magius

  
Years
I'm getting a strange error. The first attempt worked to some extent, until it looked disgusting in the game. Now on my second attempt, after I indexed my sprite and checked that the bit depth was correct, I opened the TileSet on NTME and got this message: a 4BPP TileSet can't have more than 1024 tiles. Your TileSet has 10223616 tiles. But for some reason I am able to open my non-indexed sprite O__O

Oh, and I'm loading my RAW it says the file size is too big. Help, please?

Back