• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] R a c h e l ' s ... .stuff.

R a c h e l

Formerly Sapphiress
Years

h.png

Well hello :)
I used to be around here quite a bit making graphics, but it's been a while! Here are examples of my work:​

Old Stuff [2010 and earlier]
Spoiler:

New Stuff [2011/2012]
rachel.png

yagerbomb3.png

3-2.png

Not happy with the text on that one but just couldn't find one to match the style!

SkittySig.png

new.png

I'm happy to receive criticism so I can learn how to improve, as I know some of these (but hopefully not ALL) could have been much better!

I might replace this gallery with a shop once I properly get back into the swing of things - I'm currently doing random requests here and there...

ANYWAY, I hope you like what you see!

Toodles,
R a c h e l ;]​

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Wow, I'm really impressed, your gallery holds tonnes of great graphics. I've gotta say the Toon Link one is my favourite, although I am a sucker for anything Link related xD I just adore the effects you've used on it, you've really emphasized his heroic nature which is impressive considering he's such a small and carefree character. I also adore the Castform banner since it takes adorableness to a new level and the cloud effect in the corner is really, well, effective. xP It's honestly pretty difficult to think of areas that you can improve on. When I first loaded the gallery, I instantly thought "Oh man, here's another load of over-used c4d effects", but you've got the balance of effects in the banners really well thought out. The only thing I would say (and this is being very picky) is that the text is often quite difficult to read in the banners. But having said that it is still completely legible in the large majority of the banners, so it's not really an issue, just something to consider in the future. :) (Main examples are the Lady Gaga and Squishy banners :3)

R a c h e l

Formerly Sapphiress
Years
Wow, I'm really impressed, your gallery holds tonnes of great graphics. I've gotta say the Toon Link one is my favourite, although I am a sucker for anything Link related xD I just adore the effects you've used on it, you've really emphasized his heroic nature which is impressive considering he's such a small and carefree character. I also adore the Castform banner since it takes adorableness to a new level and the cloud effect in the corner is really, well, effective. xP It's honestly pretty difficult to think of areas that you can improve on. When I first loaded the gallery, I instantly thought "Oh man, here's another load of over-used c4d effects", but you've got the balance of effects in the banners really well thought out. The only thing I would say (and this is being very picky) is that the text is often quite difficult to read in the banners. But having said that it is still completely legible in the large majority of the banners, so it's not really an issue, just something to consider in the future. :) (Main examples are the Lady Gaga and Squishy banners :3)
Thanks for your kind feedback! Haha I can't get the balance right with text - it either doesn't blend or is slightly illegible... oops. I'll learn! Glad you like the Link banner, I was so happy to make that one since I'm a big Zelda fan too xD

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I really love these, I like how you can blend the render into the background really well (your Aerodactly sig.. awesome ). And the effects <3 I also really like the Link sig (but I maybe would have done different text) and the Palkia one (just other 2 that I love). I hope you update the gallery in the future, as it would be cool to see more of your work because I admire these.

R a c h e l

Formerly Sapphiress
Years
I really love these, I like how you can blend the render into the background really well (your Aerodactly sig.. awesome ). And the effects <3 I also really like the Link sig (but I maybe would have done different text) and the Palkia one (just other 2 that I love). I hope you update the gallery in the future, as it would be cool to see more of your work because I admire these.
Thank you very much! Yep, I agree with you on the Link one, I made it before I started experimenting with fonts so it looks very bland now!
It's very reassuring to hear that you think I blend the renders well, as that was something I used to struggle with and therefore practiced a lot :P

Years
  • Seen May 19, 2014
That Link one is awesome. Yeah you're right about that font business, but you put together a nice bunch of pics. My favourite is the Castform one, cause its sooo cute!

BTW, I saw some kind of weirdness below the "Rachel" text of your Aerodactyl banner.

R a c h e l

Formerly Sapphiress
Years
That Link one is awesome. Yeah you're right about that font business, but you put together a nice bunch of pics. My favourite is the Castform one, cause its sooo cute!

BTW, I saw some kind of weirdness below the "Rachel" text of your Aerodactyl banner.
Haha yep it's a clipping mask! Just made a blank rectangle then used a bit of the rest of the banner to fill it in, essentially. I don't do it much but I do like the effect! Thanks for your comments :)

Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2012
I like your skittyl one <3
the rest...idk either seem to be missing something or are too lq or flat .____.

Back