• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Eye of the Dragons (Dragon Club)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Okay so new topic time!

Are there any dragons that you would like to see appear Generation VI? Show some examples.

Ageha1304

Ageha
Years
  • Seen Feb 13, 2022
Name: Ageha1304
Your Trainer Sprite: Iris Champion
2 Partner Pokemon: Haxorus and Charizard
Why have you chosen to become a Dragon Tamer?
Because I really like dragons. They are cool and powerful and they have no fears.
What is your favorite Dragon Pokemon & why?
Haxorus, because it's really cool with its blade-like tusks. Also it is pure dragon-type which makes it better in my eyes.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of using Dragonite & Salamence in battle?
Advantage is that they won't be affected by ground-type moves at all, unlike normal dragon-type which get normal amount of damage. Disadvantage is that every ice-type move damage will be multipied by 4, therefore knocking them out almost instantly. Also damage from rock type is doubled.
Which Dragon type & Dragon family member are you most disappointed in?
Altaria (srsly, that's a bird not dragon), ekans & evo (snake, not a dragon), seviper (another snake), scraggy & evo (how does this even qualify as dragon family).
What do you think about the fact that we have a Dragon-type champion again?
Awesome! It's obvious dragon trainers are champions because dragon pokemon are strongest and rarest.
Which Pokemon do you consider part of the Dragon relations that are not on the list?
None, because there really aren't pokemon that look like dragons anymore.
Are there any dragons that you would like to see appear Generation VI?
Well, there definitely will be some dragons in Gen VI. However I'm not really sure how would they look like. Maybe one dragon legend ruling over sun and other over moon?

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Are there any dragons that you would like to see appear Generation VI? Show some examples.
i would like the dragon pokemon to be something like
Spoiler:

while searching for fake dragon pokemon i found fake dragon gym leader which is just awesome
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Mentalii

Back
Years
Are there any dragons that you would like to see appear Generation VI?

I don't really want a gen VI. But, if I had to choose, I'd like to see Druddigon's evolution. And why not Altaria's? Well, at the same time I don't know, I'd like to see a stronger form of it (as Altaria, despite its dragon-type isn't a very strong Pokémon to my mind), but I'm scared of what they could do with it. Altaria is a beautiful Pokémon. I don't want them to ruin it.
And then, a badass evolution-line, as usual. But please, just one. The Haxorus + Hydreigon's evolution lines were too much, and being two that time, we can't appreciate them for their true worth.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
NEW TOPIC:

What is your opinion on the Dragon's Den? Should the Pokemon be a bit stronger (via way fewer Magikarp's)? Should there be more Dragon Tamers to re-battle? Lance/Clair Tag Battle as well?

They should do away with SO FEW Magikarp's. In fact, they should only allow them with the Old Rod fishing, in my opinion. Being HeartGold/SoulSilver, they should had brought Bagon, Gible & Horseas into Dragon's Den. It would be an excellent Den to train in certainly.

I would like to battle the Dragon trainers a bunch of time to train my Pokemon, as tough as Dragon Pokemon is, it would be very entertaining to face Dragon Pokemon every so often rather than just a one time thing. The battle with Lance & Clair was amazingly fun. The rival is in Dragon's Den on a certain day, I figured why not have the Double Battle then for fun & as great training? Unfortunately they don't. ;;

Last edited:

Mentalii

Back
Years
What is your opinion on the Dragon's Den? Should the Pokemon be a bit stronger (via way fewer Magikarp's)? Should there be more Dragon Tamers to re-battle? Lance/Clair Tag Battle as well?

The Dragon's Den's pretty bad tbh. I re started my Soul Silver game, and I was in the Dragon Den's part just this morning (when Clair wants you to go there to give you the badge). As I wasn't remembering it at all, I thought it was a good moment to train my Pokémon but... Only 3 trainers to battle? Ooook let's check the water then: Magikarp lv 9, Magikarp lv12, Magikarp lv 18, Magikarp lv 16... Is that all? D: What a pity... They also should have made of this place a more mythical place. It's the place of Dragons guys ! Why is there just a broken bridge, some water and a house in the middle?

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016

The Dragon's Den's pretty bad tbh. I re started my Soul Silver game, and I was in the Dragon Den's part just this morning (when Clair wants you to go there to give you the badge). As I wasn't remembering it at all, I thought it was a good moment to train my Pokémon but... Only 3 trainers to battle? Ooook let's check the water then: Magikarp lv 9, Magikarp lv12, Magikarp lv 18, Magikarp lv 16... Is that all? D: What a pity... They also should have made of this place a more mythical place. It's the place of Dragons guys ! Why is there just a broken bridge, some water and a house in the middle?
EXACTLY! It's really not any difference than any of the caves you go to & fish/surf on. I'm quite disappointed myself. If I remember correctly, getting Gible in Sinnoh region was way more entertaining of a trip than in Dragon's Den. I'm not sure what B2/W2 has, but I hope in the future down the line, the creators can make an excellent cave/dungeon for Dragon types alone. We have enough to actually have a very fun cave to travel in now. I don't see why not!

I do understand why Dragon's Den is the way it is now. Generation 2 really only had Dratini's family & Horsea's family with actual "Dragon type" Pokemon back then. (HG/SS being remakes, I guess they didn't want to make a huge difference in them?). Hopefully we'll get a good one in the future down the road. x)

Halcyon

peace and serenity
Years
Name: Halcyon
Your Trainer Sprite: Drayden (I actually find him hot lol :D)
2 Partner Pokémon (First a Dragon type, second from Dragon Family): Kingdra and Swablu
Why have you chosen to become a Dragon Tamer?: To me Dragon is a really special type, like it's in a league of its own. Also, I find Dragon-typed Pokémon to be such mysterious creatures, and I would like to know more about them.

What is your opinion on the Dragon's Den? Should the Pokémon be a bit stronger (via way fewer Magikarps)? Should there be more Dragon Tamers to re-battle? Lance/Clair Tag Battle as well?
I'm kind of having mixed opinions about Dragon's Den. Pokémon-wise, I feel that with fewer Magikarps, the worth of getting a Dratini/Dragonair drops since it would be then easier to obtain. I mean I would feel proud and accomplished if I managed to finally fish a Dragonair after thousands of encounters with Magikarps. ^^ I agree though that they should import more wild Pokémon there, like Horsea, Seadra and Bagon.

In terms of the normal trainers there, I'm fine with them considering how rare and "hard-to-train" dragons are. However, the Lance and Clair tag battle should be made repeatable, because how often can you get a tag battle with two amazing Dragon Tamers? :DD

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Name: Halcyon
Your Trainer Sprite: Drayden (I actually find him hot lol :D)
2 Partner Pokémon (First a Dragon type, second from Dragon Family): Kingdra and Swablu
Why have you chosen to become a Dragon Tamer?: To me Dragon is a really special type, like it's in a league of its own. Also, I find Dragon-typed Pokémon to be such mysterious creatures, and I would like to know more about them.

What is your opinion on the Dragon's Den? Should the Pokémon be a bit stronger (via way fewer Magikarps)? Should there be more Dragon Tamers to re-battle? Lance/Clair Tag Battle as well?
I'm kind of having mixed opinions about Dragon's Den. Pokémon-wise, I feel that with fewer Magikarps, the worth of getting a Dratini/Dragonair drops since it would be then easier to obtain. I mean I would feel proud and accomplished if I managed to finally fish a Dragonair after thousands of encounters with Magikarps. ^^ I agree though that they should import more wild Pokémon there, like Horsea, Seadra and Bagon.

In terms of the normal trainers there, I'm fine with them considering how rare and "hard-to-train" dragons are. However, the Lance and Clair tag battle should be made repeatable, because how often can you get a tag battle with two amazing Dragon Tamers? :DD
Welcome new Dragon member! You think Drayden is hot? :O

Haha is that the only reason why you like Drayden? Well now all that's left is Drake, who is left to dust right now. Feel sorry for the guy.

That's right, the rarity of getting a Dratini would lessen, but its not the only Dragon Pokemon ya know \m/ Walking around Dragon's Den, you don't have to worry about getting caught by wild Pokemon on foot. That's when Bagon or Trapinch or Gible should come into play..but they don't unfortunately.

Let's make an interesting show-case here...

Make yourself a mono-Dragon type party, how would you arrange their movepools & what items would you give them?

Be sure to demonstrate their roles in your party, & YES, make sure you say which tier you'd be choosing for fun. (If you're using NU for baby Dragons & such, you have my respect for your choices!) Make it interesting folks, gogogo!

P.S., Uhh I know I said mono-type but...you can use the Pokemon from the Dragon family also!

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Name: Yellow or Marin

Your Trainer Sprite: Iris (Champion)

2 Partner Pokemon(First a Dragon type, second from Dragon Family): Dragonite, Gyarados

Why have you chosen to become a Dragon Tamer?: ...Nngh. So, freaking, cool!

I kind of like Dragon's Den? Didn't really take me long fishing with a good rod to find myself a dratini. I think surfing is just a really bad way to find them. I also feel like Dragon's Den was less supposed to stand on it's own and more for atmosphere. Yet another gym leader has denied you your gym badge, and you now have to go talk to her superiors to get it.

Now... the elders lurking in Dragon's Den are particularly interesting. They seem to serve some very important purpose to dragon tamers, though it's not /completely/ clear what.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Welcome PkMnTrainer Yellow!! Interesting choices of Dragon Pokemon. Why did you choose just the popular Generation 1 Dragons over the rest? Interesting you brought up the elders. What do you think they really are? Do you think they were once Dragon leaders during their prime as well?

The most recent topic seemed to be a little to much for now, I'll save it for future uses ^_^

New Topic!
How often do you use Dragon-type Pokemon in battle?

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years

Not much actually. I really do love them, however compared to all other types, these are so goddang rare, you'll either first get one late in the game or through spending a lot of money. To add onto that, they take sooo long to train, so that's greatly to my disadvantage, since I don't really want to train Pokémon if I have nothing to with them afterwards, and since I've never owned any games where you can battle and trade through wi-fi and stuff, I've had to do it with my friends, who don't play Pokémon any more lol. So yeah, only game I've ever really bothered to fully evolve a Dragon type Pokémon was in my Silver, partly because my friends played it back then, but mostly because it had such a huge post-game, I had lots of time to do it :D

But yeah, if I get any of the newer games, I'm definitely gonna get myself some Dragon types :p

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
@Sector Revenge: To be honest, because I couldn't choose another dragon as my second choice. :P I probably would've chosen Haxorus if I could've. I was honestly torn between Gyarados and Arbok as well, and either Flygon, Latias, or Salamence could've stood on Gyarados' level.

Constantly. I rarely manage to have 0 dragon pokemon on any given team.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016

Not much actually. I really do love them, however compared to all other types, these are so goddang rare, you'll either first get one late in the game or through spending a lot of money. To add onto that, they take sooo long to train, so that's greatly to my disadvantage, since I don't really want to train Pokémon if I have nothing to with them afterwards, and since I've never owned any games where you can battle and trade through wi-fi and stuff, I've had to do it with my friends, who don't play Pokémon any more lol. So yeah, only game I've ever really bothered to fully evolve a Dragon type Pokémon was in my Silver, partly because my friends played it back then, but mostly because it had such a huge post-game, I had lots of time to do it :D

But yeah, if I get any of the newer games, I'm definitely gonna get myself some Dragon types :p
D: You're missing out on a great experience with Dragon Pokemon. They are a one of a kind, rarity specie. You must give them a test drive at least, every single one of them. :x Have you at least used the one from the family group? Like Charizard or Gyarados, etc?
@Sector Revenge: To be honest, because I couldn't choose another dragon as my second choice. :P I probably would've chosen Haxorus if I could've. I was honestly torn between Gyarados and Arbok as well, and either Flygon, Latias, or Salamence could've stood on Gyarados' level.

Constantly. I rarely manage to have 0 dragon pokemon on any given team.
That's kind of the point, to make things interesting rather than just two simple Dragon types. \m/

I have an interesting topic that we're going forward with.
Dragons usually have scale, rough skin. Which Dragon Pokemon do you think does NOT have a scale, rough skin?

-

Call me Dash.
Years
Name: Dash

Your Trainer Sprite: See my avatar. Unless you require me to have one of the listed 6, then I'd go with Clair.
Yeah just go with Clair
2 Partner Pokemon(First a Dragon type, second from Dragon Family): Dragonite, Charmeleon

Why have you chosen to become a Dragon Tamer?: Dragon pokemon have always fasinated me. I find them to be loyal, friendly, and still able to get me out of sticky situations.

Answer Current Topic:
Dragons usually have scale, rough skin. Which Dragon Pokemon do you think does NOT have a scale, rough skin?
Not sure if that question is a quiz or an opinion, but I'll answer hoping/assuming it's an opinion. While all of the Pokemon appear smooth as sprites, I honestly think that Latios and Latias don't have scales and aren't rough.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Name: Dash

Your Trainer Sprite: See my avatar. Unless you require me to have one of the listed 6, then I'd go with Clair.
Yeah just go with Clair
2 Partner Pokemon(First a Dragon type, second from Dragon Family): Dragonite, Charmeleon

Why have you chosen to become a Dragon Tamer?: Dragon pokemon have always fasinated me. I find them to be loyal, friendly, and still able to get me out of sticky situations.

Answer Current Topic:

Not sure if that question is a quiz or an opinion, but I'll answer hoping/assuming it's an opinion. While all of the Pokemon appear smooth as sprites, I honestly think that Latios and Latias don't have scales and aren't rough.
Welcome -! Interesting name! You're officially a part of our club!

Yes, I agree with Latias & Latios. Would you think they have smooth skin or preferably have fur? Also another I was thinking was Reshiram. It seems she would have hair all over her body by the looks of her design.

-

Call me Dash.
Years
Welcome -! Interesting name! You're officially a part of our club!

Yes, I agree with Latias & Latios. Would you think they have smooth skin or preferably have fur? Also another I was thinking was Reshiram. It seems she would have hair all over her body by the looks of her design.

xDDD You aren't the first to say I have an interesting name lol but it's fine.
I kinda think Latias and Latios would have really smooth skin. Although I can see them with short fur, smooth skin would be more...aerodynamic? It would just make more sense seeing them fly.

About Reshiram, it does seem like she'd have fur/hair covering her body, but, taken directly from bulbapedia:
Bulbapedia said:
Long feathers spread out from Reshiram's thighs
So that leads me to think Reshiram would be a mix of fur and feathers. However these are guesses because I haven't really played B/W, so I had to go look up Reshiram xD

Halcyon

peace and serenity
Years
Welcome new Dragon member! You think Drayden is hot? :O

Haha is that the only reason why you like Drayden?

Not for the faint-hearted lol:
Spoiler:

Honestly, I'm fine with it. It's not like we have a Dragon-type champion every single time. Besides, Iris is a young, fresh, new female champion, so it isn't repetitive at all. I feel that she is also there to highlight and contrast with Alder's age and seniority.

How often do you use Dragon-type Pokémon in battle?
I raised a Garchomp for my Platinum in-game team. And after the main storyline, I EV-trained a Kingdra just for fun, and then we decided to challenge the Battle Stage of the Battle Frontier. We only managed to clinch a Silver Symbol though. One day, I would want to find time to conquer the Gold Symbol. :D

Altaria! :D They have fluffy clouds as their body, hence I don't think they would have a scaly, rough skin. o__o And yes, I agree with that about Reshiram. I imagine its fur to be soft and furry. *__*

Last edited:

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016

Not for the faint-hearted lol:
Spoiler:

Honestly, I'm fine with it. It's not like we have a Dragon-type champion every single time. Besides, Iris is a young, fresh, new female champion, so it isn't repetitive at all. I feel that she is also there to highlight and contrast with Alder's age and seniority.

If that's the case, how do you feel that Iris has taken the Dragon Champion role instead of Drayden, who could had possibly been even scarier & maybe even more threatening? I personally think they both have their pros & cons, but I want to see what everyone else thinks about this.
Altaria! :D They have fluffy clouds as their body, hence I don't think they would have a scaly, rough skin. o__o And yes, I agree with that about Reshiram. I imagine its fur to be soft and furry. *__*
So with Dragons been known as possibly only with this type of skin, do you think Lati@s, Reshiram & Altaria are somewhat rip-offs for the Dragon race? Or are they good examples to show that Dragons can come in different style for the better?

this is not for just Halcyon, everyone can answer too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back