• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

7th Gen Favorite Z-move?

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 7, 2020
I'm not sure if this topic has ever been done before, but I didn't see it on the front page, but I'm curious to know what Z-moves people found the most useful or just which ones did you guys like the best?

Personally, I actually was not a huge fan of Z-Moves until I started playing around with the weird Z-Moves that add stats to normal moves. My favorite Z-Move recently has been Z Gravity. I recently built a Wigglytuff that runs an aggressive Z Gravity move pool and it has quickly become my favorite. It's a lot of fun getting that Special Attack boost plus the assurance that most of my low accuracy attacks will hit, plus I love that most opponents don't really know how to deal with a Gravity battlefield.

Which Z-Moves do you guys like? Do you prefer the long animated nuke Z-Moves or do you guys prefer to play with the various status boosting Z-moves?

Last edited:

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
Years
I'f Im talking competitively, I gotta say the omni-boosting moves and Z-Rain Dance

If I'm going on which ones look coolest to me, I really like the personal z-moves the starters have, Steelium Z, and Buginium Z

Last edited:

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
Best: The Water, Fire, Ground, Electric, and Bug ones. The Grass one is also growing (pun unintended) on me. For mon exclusive ones don't really have one.

Worst: The Rock one. It just looks lame and not as cool as all the others. I'd rather just let my Rock mons hold a Hard stone.

Years
I definitely love the spirit bomb feel of Oceanic Operetta, but my all-time fave Z-Move has to be a tie between Stoked Sparksurfer, Soul-Stealing 7 Star Strike and 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt. You can clearly say I love how awesome the Pokemon species-specific ones are.

Years
Maybe it's just my bias for Ice types but Subzero Slammer is some good stuff. :o

I've also oddly grown fond of how Black Hole Eclipse is done, mostly because the way the attack is designed makes it seem so devastating.

blue

gucci
Years
While I don't tend to use Z-moves all that much, in terms of animation I really like how Acid Downpour and Never-Ending Nightmare look!

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Jun 4, 2018
light that burns the sky, the name, the power, the appearance, whats not to love?

Years
Okay, for types I have to go with Acid Downpour, Tectonic Rage, and Devastating Drake, cuz I'm biased to those three types. For personal pokemon, Lycanroc and Incineroar. 'Nuff Said.

Back