• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First rule of Fight Club: Don't talk about Fight Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twilight Sky

» s t r a w b e r r y fields ♪
Years
  • Seen Aug 7, 2013
LOL

I've always had that problem personally but thankfully(somehow) I've always somehow managed to look past it. XD

Twilight Sky

Years
  • Seen Aug 7, 2013
Realistically speaking here, unless the Pokemon center has some pretty damn strong windows, he could've smashed into one of them. XD

....But of course, this is Pokemon, so....

Ice Car

Banned
Years
Realistically speaking here, unless the Pokemon center has some pretty damn strong windows, he could've smashed into one of them. XD

....But of course, this is Pokemon, so....

Yes, this is Pokemon.

The game with surfing Tauros and ineffectual Earthquakes in the Battle Subway.

Twilight Sky

Years
  • Seen Aug 7, 2013
Not going to lie, I'm now wondering if Tauros can actually swim. If that's possible, then maybe carrying people isn't too far off!

/shot for insane and inconclusive theory

I mean at worst they can doggy-paddle, so.... u_u

Ice Car

Banned
Years
This is how I imagine it.

SurfingBeef.png

Twilight Sky

Years
  • Seen Aug 7, 2013
I don't even know what to say to that other than "That is awesome". XD

Though it would've made more sense(and would've been more badass, for obvious reasons) if Gary Oak was on that Tauros instead.

And probably a bit more hilarious too. XD

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
Remember, Nidoqueen/Nidoking, Tyranitar, Aggron, Rampardos, Rhydon/Rhyperior, and Stunfisk (all which are weak to Water, especially in the case of Rhydon/Rhyperior) can swim too, so anything's possible :B Maybe they also use a surfboard? But they'd still get wet... Guess they'd have to tough it out, then.

Gotta love Pokemon and its science-defying factors, no?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Aren't Tauros like water buffalo that cross rivers and stuff on their own?

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
I think I love that comic. Get in my sig.

Toujours said:
Aren't Tauros like water buffalo that cross rivers and stuff on their own?

I thought it was just a bull lol - doesn't its name come from those Spanish bull ring things? If anything I thought the, uh, buffalo-ish thing in Generation V would be that. Its name would suggest it's meant to be a buffalo anyway lol.

Last edited:
Years
Bouffalant, you mean. :<
I love that comic so much. Green's expression is killing me tbh.

Y'ALL.
I can barely move my arms right now. I had a free consultation/training session with a trainer at the gym yesterday and my arms are aching. ;_;

Last edited:

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
I thought it was just a bull lol - doesn't its name come from those Spanish bull ring things? If anything I thought the, uh, buffalo-ish thing in Generation V would be that. Its name would suggest it's meant to be a buffalo anyway lol.

Taurus is a latin word that means "bull", and it can certainly be argued that they mixed it with its Spanish counterpart: taurus + toro = tauros. So yeaaaah I'd think it wasn't inspired in buffalos precisely.

Nihilego

Years

Taurus is a latin word that means "bull", and it can certainly be argued that they mixed it with its Spanish counterpart: taurus + toro = tauros. So yeaaaah I'd think it wasn't inspired in buffalos precisely.
Thinking about it it's probably after the Taurus star sign depicting a bull. THey tend to just change one letter or two and use it as a Pokémon name, like with Seel for example.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years

Thinking about it it's probably after the Taurus star sign depicting a bull.

...well, it's probable. But the Taurus consteallation is called like that because the Romans looked at it and saw a bull, and hence they named it with their word for "bull", which is Taurus. So, even if they didn't realize they were using the Latin word for bull... they were :P

Nihilego

Years
inb4 "lol so much bull in this thread"

but yeah you're probably right there... And there are probably more pressing things for us to wonder. Like why Rhyperior can use Surf.

Years
Oh, logic in the Pokemon world.

..I went to look for a comic about flying on small Pokemon, but then I found
tumblr_m9j4nuS8nC1rqwsbko1_500.jpg

which is a lot more interesting

Nevermind, though, that Doduo can learn Fly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back