• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The X/Y Rumors Thread!

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
MEGA GENGAR OH MY GOD!!!!

EDIT - I'm loving the new party sprites.

HOLY SH INKAY IS CATCHABLE BEFORE THE SECOND GYM

Moist

other in a month When you,
Years
My reactions to bunnelby and Helioptile evo:
Spoiler:

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
The designs of the final evolutions seem intriguing to me.. Greninja and Chesnaught look nothing like their original stages whilst Delphox is just a humanoid fennec fox. And if it were me to say, I'd say Delphox is the one that I like the most, looking closest to its original form.

Wouldn't evolutions that look different from their original stages be a good thing though? It shows the designers' creativity, and if they ever did look more like their original stages, a.k.a. the "It Just Got Bigger" syndrome, you guys would be complaining about how they're "lazy" or "running out of ideas" for having little to no changes in their designs. *points to Poliwrath*

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

Wouldn't evolutions that look different from their original stages be a good thing though? It shows the designers' creativity, and if they ever did look more like their original stages, a.k.a. the "It Just Got Bigger" syndrome, you guys would be complaining about how they're "lazy" or "running out of ideas" for having little to no changes in their designs. *points to Poliwrath*

True, however not all Pokemon should change so drastically. You're right though, It is good that some do change a lot, as this happens in nature too. Just think of the Butterfly. Who would of thought an ugly little caterpillar could turn into such a beautiful animal!

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
Presumed mega evolutions

Gen I

Venusaur
Charizard X/Y
Blastoise
Primeape
Gengar
Kangaskhan
Mr. Mime
Jynx
Pinsir
Aerodactyl
Mewtwo X/Y

Gen II

Meganium
Noctowl
Ampharos
Quagsire
Heracross
Magcargo
Stantler
Entei X/Y

Gen III

Blaziken
Swellow
Mawile
Torkoal
Crawdaunt
Absol
Salamence X/Y
Metagross

Gen IV

Empoleon
Staraptor
Floatzel
Garchomp
Lucario
Toxicroak
Abomasnow
Gliscor
Darkrai X/Y

Gen V

Emboar
Excadrill
Krookodile
Garbodor
Galvantula
Haxorus
Mienshao
Druddigon
Durant

plus these
Spoiler:

facekeyboarding

我恨普通话
Years
Presumed mega evolutions

Gen I

Venusaur
Charizard X/Y
Blastoise
Primeape
Gengar
Kangaskhan
Mr. Mime
Jynx
Pinsir
Aerodactyl
Mewtwo X/Y

Gen II

Meganium
Noctowl
Ampharos
Quagsire
Heracross
Magcargo
Stantler
Entei X/Y

Gen III

Blaziken
Swellow
Mawile
Torkoal
Crawdaunt
Absol
Salamence X/Y
Metagross

Gen IV

Empoleon
Staraptor
Floatzel
Garchomp
Lucario
Toxicroak
Abomasnow
Gliscor
Darkrai X/Y

Gen V

Emboar
Excadrill
Krookodile
Garbodor
Galvantula
Haxorus
Mienshao
Druddigon
Durant

plus these
Spoiler:

Wasn't that confirmed fake on reddit? I hope it wasn't though, I NEED mega Drifblim in my life.

Also this piece of junk was just leaked:
Spoiler:

EDIT 2: This also leaked out, check at this possible list of Megas.
http://summary.fc2.com/summary.php?summary_cd=171900

Edit 3: Our friendly 4chan trip leaker Josh's quilladin is at 35. This is it folks, we'll finally get credible confirmation to its finals!
http://boards.4chan.org/vp/res/14192195

Last edited:

Cameo

Superior heat protecter!
Years
True, however not all Pokemon should change so drastically. You're right though, It is good that some do change a lot, as this happens in nature too. Just think of the Butterfly. Who would of thought an ugly little caterpillar could turn into such a beautiful animal!

To be fair, Caterpie is actually pretty cute but Metapod is just... pure troll. "Metapod used Harden." And in the end you could still tell that all those three are related to each other but not on Chespin's case. Chespin and Quilladin do look related but Chesnaught... it's not even from this world for Christ's sake. And in this case it's the opposite than Metapod evolving into Butterfly. Quilladin wasn't the best looking or fierce but it was cute and round-ish-much. Chesnaught on the other hand looks like Arnold Schwarzenegger who nobody cared enough to tell not to use steroids and well... tadaa! Now it's too late to be sorry. If nothing else we can always send Chesnaught to Snookie and JWOWW on Jersey Shore. They'd sure appreciate a new neckless and huge muscle beast joining their group...

Years
^ I remember reading that somewhere, if this is true and all 719? are available in game, I will be sooo happy with Game Freak.

I'm happy with this if it does turn out to be true. It'll be a Pokemon collector's dream! Now fingers crossed some of my faves aren't available too late in the game.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I'll be overwhelmed if all of them are really in the game...also is the number really 719? I was hoping they'll push 777...

Right now all the Pokedexes only go up to 150. At least the Central and Costal stop at 150 so far. Mountain we don't know but if it stops at 150, then the total amount of Pokemon in the game is 450 and we know that that amount isn't all that can be caught as its all that are registered for the Pokedex, you have to evolve or find them on other trainers to register them. So the catchable Pokemon list can be like 200-300.

This only covers about 3/4ths of the full National Pokedex.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Still I do not understand why they would only add 70 new pokemon. However, like people have said that is 70 pokemon in the first 2 areas, about 35 per area and no one has made it to the 3rd half yet. It may be another 35 in the mountain area, making the total 105. Which would be alright. Remember that the Pokedex book thing for Kalos is said to have over 800 pages. Which usually they only show new pokemon in that book, but there is a lot more stuff now.

I am saying there will be at least 35 more pokemon for mountain area. If so, that brings the total to 754.

This is the transfer to 3DS, not to mention they have added a ton of old pokemon to catch. I think 105 is a good total. I am surprised that Oorotto and Noivern have not yet been spotted in the wild.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
i hear the annoying pokemon in the brginning of the game is going to make bidoof look good

Funny you mention bidoof I think last thing I traded off the GTS was a jirachi for a level 5 bidoof that kid must have been a happy one

Black Dynamite

Resident Noob
Years
i think noivern wont be available until the final cave at the end. im almost 100% positive it's in a cave in the mountains. it is a bat dragon. bats live in caves and dragons live in mountains and are usually level 45-70 in the wild. im okay with only 70-110 new pokemon. the amount of total pokemon and size of this game makes up for that

Years
  • Seen Aug 12, 2019
The Pokemon community has heaved a sigh of relief. That Mega Abomasnow is awesome. It is a winner! Loved it. Same goes for Mega Gengar and Mega Aerodactyl. And that poison/dragon Goomy is so cool. You have to read the response it has got on twitter and other social networking sites! It is massive. Everyone has loved it! That's the way to go GF! These leaks have come as welcome relief to us and to a large extent has made me forget the absolute NIGHTMARE we had yesterday with those final starters , the diggersby swirlix crap etc. The game is back on the right track and i for once cannot wait for october 12 !
P.S (Guilty Confession) : If they had asked me , "Hey Genwunner, we are gonna keep all the previous gen Pokemon cool, we are not gonna spoil your dearly loved gengar or aerodactyl or absol etc etc... Make them cool, give charizard 2 forms (uber cool) BUT we are gonna screw up with the new 6th gen starters, i would have said go ahead do it :P ;) "

Years
I saw the Mega Abomasnow and Mega Aerodactyl evolutions and I like the designs on them for sure! However I have yet to see Mega Ghengar (unless I didn't look deep enough ._.), but I'm pretty sure that looks awesome as well

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
It's amazing how big Mega Abomasnow looks compared to its regular form. If it gets a change to its ability, then I'd like Mega Abomasnow to have Thick Fat. This would finally stop fire-types from being one of its major threats, and allow it to wreak havoc without being worried too much. Also, I love the way that Mega Aerodactyl looks. I don't know if its type has been confirmed already, but due to its dragon-like body style, I'm expecting this Pokémon to be a combination of dragon and rock. Who knows, though—maybe it could still remain a rock- and flying-type?

Back