• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Anime Contract Challenge 2018: Sign up for round 6!

Years
I think I'll skip this month. I know I won't have much time and couldn't probably fit anime into it. But I wish good titles to everyone else.

Years
Spoiler:

The pairs (and one trio) this month are as follows

aeternum and GanguEevee
donavannj and Lipstick Vogue
gimmepie --> Doge --> Machomuu --> gimmepie

GanguEevee

~Calamity Trigger~
Years
You know, I completely forgotten about the fact that Halo even had an anime. Or at least, seven OVAs compiled together as an anime series.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Oh, just wanted to throw out that I started Xam'd the other day, and like...I expect shows to either do very little to try to pull you in in the beginning or really try to leave an impression even if the amount of work/effort will fall off after episode 1/2 (not that it necessarily will, but).

Xam'd is definitely the latter and good God did it know what I look for in an episode 1. The sakuga was on-point, with foreboding plot mumbo jumbo being brief and quickly overtaken by a kid's mundane life in what's clearly a politically anxious nation and a land where order lines most parts of its culture, something that we can tell more from visual clues than from actual explanations.

In fact, rather than using some sort of train ride to have the news dump the state of the entire world on the viewer, Xam'd instead opts to just show some kids ride to school, and hot damn the sakuga's great. The character acting here was top-tier, but moreso than the character acting was the direction, which was filled with so many small nuances that it calls to mind a Ghibli-inspired thought process. It was just a pleasant experience to watch, and while some people might roll their eyes at this sort of thing, especially if it goes on for most of the episode, I'm absolutely enthralled by things like this. A sequence like this illustrates not just what I can expect in terms of animation (even if it won't look quite this good later), but it also showcases the main character gives ample time to form an opinion on him (which makes him getting slapped by the plot later grant a more personal response) and puts the director, the man at the helm, on full display.

So good stuff all around, I'm liking this show so far. Gonna keep going with it, definitely.

Years
Spoiler:

Okay, that's plenty of time guys. Let's hear those reviews. I'm also going to be opening sign-ups for the July edition of the ACC now too.

I should join in next month. If someone remembers, drop me a VM when signups start up again :O

So ping.

Now, onto my brief review. I haven't been able to finish Paranoia Agent yet because I've been spread a bit thin over other things I'm doing, however I am definitely sold on completing the series. I think the mystery of just who Shounen Bat is is extremely well crafted and I like that so far all the important characters I've seen have been really well developed and not just totally forgotten after the episode focused on them - except the reporter to an extent but I feel like he'll be back later. I think what impresses me most though, is the focus on the psychological effects of the attacks and the mental states of the victims, which is obviously key to the atmosphere and possibly also to the mystery itself. Overall I find it very enjoyable and I'm looking forward to finishing it. It's sitting at a tentative 8/10 for me pending it's completion.

GanguEevee

~Calamity Trigger~
Years
>Said to herself that she has all the time to watch anime
>wastes said time to play more Fate/Grand Order, Kingdom Hearts Union X and other anime-like mobile games

...I think I have a problem. Oh and also I watched the Incredibles 2 yesterday, so there's that. I'm gonna actually watch the dang anime I was given, trust me. Oh and I'm also in for this month, obviously.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
Meant to watch my series, but was only able to find it on kissanime which for whatever reason wouldn't work on my laptop so I wasn't able to get around to it this month. I'm sure I'll hit in the future though.

I'm in for another month also.

Years
Spoiler:

Considering giving this a hiatus for August since the enthusiasm is dying down a little. For now though, sorry for the delay but here's the pairings.

Lipstick Vogue and gimmepie

Donavannj --> GanguEevee --> aeternum --> Donavannj

A shorter series would be best for me atm please.

Back