• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Questions Thread! [OLD]

TrippyStack

I ain't even trippin'!
Years
Searching for "Elite Trainer Box" returned pictures of a black box with a silver outline of Lugia. Is that what I'm looking for? It seems like a good deal for $30, if that's the right price that I'm seeing. Seven packs alone will cost $35, assuming they cost $5/each.

After buying comics, I won't have too much money to spend tomorrow. I might not buy the Elite Trainer Box right away, especially since I'm not buying my book for another two weeks or so. I wanna have that before I start buying too many boxes and packs.

I appreciate all the tips. I'll keep them in mind while looking around tomorrow!

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Today I was stupid enough to buy cheap Pokemon cards at a flea market. It was really cheap and I have nobody to trade with, so it wouldn't be much of a problem if I were to find that they're fake.

I've gotten cards from the same place that were obviously fake (for example, a Rayquaza and Deoxys legend that wasn't holographic), but some are -as far as I can tell- real.

There are tons of typos on the package ("Undaunted" is spelled "Undavnted" repeatedly, etc.) and it had only 9 cards, instead of 10, like the label said. ONE card was facing the wrong direction in each pack. The card in the back of each pack was holographic, but all are obviously fakes. There are also pink marks (very small and some are hard to find) on the back of them, and they're slightly arched, while the rest are straight.

Is it definite that all of the cards in the packs are fake? I haven't noticed any other signs that the non-holographic cards are fake. Already checked out the stickied thread on fake cards.

Sorry if this is the wrong place. I haven't been around this part of PC much.

Demon.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2018
not sure if anyone will be able to answer this, but why does the Japanese Rayquaza Gold star cost so much less than the English one? Or is troll and toad just exaggerating on the price?

Demon.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2018
Ah ok. That makes sense. Well i just ordered the japanese one. So definitely cant wait for it to get here.

Years
  • Seen Feb 3, 2014
Hey all, im currently about to purchase a group of VERY rare pokemon cards but my mom brought up a good point, how do I know they aren't fake? I have some fake pokemon cards and am aware of the basic differences but how can I be sure that these ones arent fake? How good of a quality do fakes get? Im about to drop some serious cash on these so I just want to be sure. Not sure how much you can tell from it but heres a picture of them, any tips or advice are greatly appreciated, thanks!
3Ka3F43N85G85K55Mdd5317a6966a9ef31136.jpg

Last edited:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
I'm doing research for a Challenge Sydian is getting ready to start over in Challenges based on the TCG. I'm looking for the card list for the new Theme Decks, Frost Ray and Psy Crusher. I can't seem to find the list anywhere. If someone could provide me with a link to one, or even just the list or a photo of it if you have it would be extremely helpful. Thanks!~

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 28, 2019
Question regarding prereleases, I heard it's basically $30 to enter and you get x amount of promos and booster packs. Would it be okay for a beginner to enter who doesn't have much experience battling? Or is that looked down upon? Also, how often do new card sets get released?

Years
  • Seen May 28, 2013
so i just started this..got bit help by global chat in game,but i still don t know who to get other pokemons?
and what do i gain by winning on novice/computer games?

Years
so i just started this..got bit help by global chat in game,but i still don t know who to get other pokemons?
and what do i gain by winning on novice/computer games?

Sorry for the very late reply. I was having trouble trying to figure out what you were asking.

You have to either go out and buy booster packs to get code cards, wait until they implement the gem system fully so you can buy booster packs in-game, or try to get free booster codes off of other people.

There's really nothing to be gained other than experience and fun times had when you play the online TCG at any difficulty level.

Eeveelution Co-ordinator

Budding Breeder/Co-ordinator
Years
Okay, I'm trying to get into the TCG, but the only place that sell the cards are Toys-R-Us almost an hour and a half walk, Smyths which is in Belfast or Argos, but they either sell Theme Decks from Dark Explorers or tins from Dragons Exalted, which they recently went out of stock of. So, anyone know any other good places to buy cards in UK?

Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2013
Original 1st gen pokemon decks?

What booster packs carried the original 150/151 pokemon cards? So far I know that the Fossil and jungle boosters did, are there any other booster packs that did? What about the Team Rocket boosters?

Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2013
what's a booster/blister pack?

Well, I know what a booster pack is, but I also see "Blister pack" and "booster/blister pack", what are those?? What's the difference between those and a regular booster pack?

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
What the above poster said; TGC is a better place to ask for this kind of help. I'll merge this with its quick questions thread. :]

Back