• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokemon Raptor Version

Years
  • Seen Jun 27, 2011
Gray's speech should be "without further ado" instead of "without further adieu". The current speech translates to "without further goodbye." Just a note if you're keeping track of these things.

Nitpicks aside, awesome game. I don't actually have anything else to contribute, I just don't want to make a post with nothing but grammar naziism.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
What about making it similar to Pokemon DPP, Pal Park I mean. So you would have to defeat the E4, then you will get access to Pokemon Raptors own version of Pal Park. You don't have to necessarily catch the Pokemon because that would probably be a bit hard to script, but just have an NPC that looks for the save file then asks if you would like to transfer the Pokemon from that save file into your Boxes.
Heck, that could probably be used for other fan Games that don't have fakemon as well. With the owners of such fan games permission of course.

Another idea to add. How about making the NPC search for a folder called "Save" then the NPC can list the Saves in that folder and you can select which save you would like to transfer Pokemon from. Idk how hard that would be to script though >.>. But knowing you Wichu, you could probably figure something out.

Edit: I was thinking after the first gym or second as for the conditions in the save file your transferring from, but idk how that would work IF you could transfer from other fan games.
I think that should be possible. Even catching can be done with some modifications to the Safari Zone script :)
I agree with Soul.//Sillver.
That's a good idea of having the idea of Pal Park.

Btw, updated the thread, more HoF added.
There is only 1 more slot.

Added Monkeyboi's walkthrough.
I'm glad wichu is having a great progress on EX.
Hopefully it can be done soon~
Speaking of Pal Park, should I put in switch checks to make it so you can only transfer from Raptor, or should it be compatible with other games too? Only Raptor is the best choice, in my opinion, but it's your game ;)
why do all the attaks look like fire balls? are they supposed to?
Yeah, Raptor doesn't have custom battle animations. I find it best just to turn battle animations off.
I was just playing, and I battled an old man just south of Duskduke Town when he sent out a Nuzleaf, and the sprite looked wrong. Is it supposed to be like this?
Essentials doesn't check for shininess of trainers' Pokémon, so this was bound to happen eventually :P
In the official games, trainers' Pokémon cannot be shiny, but this isn't the case in Raptor. Should I fix this, or leave it in?

EJames2100

Pokémon Hall Of Fame Supporter
Years
Will battle graphics ever be put in ?

Trading between other games would be good, but wouldn't the other game developers have to decide if they want it to happen from their game ?
Personally I think most games should have this feature
That way, games don't have to have every single Pokémon in it, and trading between games could help fill the Pokédex like the original games do.

Question, does Raptor's Dex work like D/P/P or likethe others ?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen today
Keep it in.Nice quirk for the game.

Just wondering, i played the demo, and when i exited the pokemon center, the pokemon center music kept playing everywhere, except in battles.have you fixed that bug?

cadgod120

Your Rival
Years
Of course. I had completely forgotten about Shinies. *facedesk* I'd say take them out. When I saw it, I got scared and thought something was wrong with the game.

mangaroll

Teh Great Mangaroll
Years
I'm loving this game! Can't wait for EX.

This game is really well done, but there are just a few errors in grammar, and there are certain spots where you can swim from a cliff and you can walk on houses, but its still an awesome game!

Years
  • Seen Jun 29, 2011
Wichu, you should TOTALLY add that feature to bring in your pokemon from other games in Raptor EX. I would love to bring in pokemon from games like Blue Chrome. O.G. Duke.... Say YES!

Omn

Moogle King
Years
Wichu, you should TOTALLY add that feature to bring in your pokemon from other games in Raptor EX. I would love to bring in pokemon from games like Blue Chrome. O.G. Duke.... Say YES!
Um why would he want to do that first of all he would have to ask permission from the creator to do that and also some of them aren't using the same version of rpg msker so that might not work

|Maximus|

I'm back~
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2010
O.G Duke, this game is great so far. However one glitch, when my Pokemon died, and I went into battle, the game froze. No error, it just froze.

EDIT: Just one question, where did you get your tree graphics from?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 29, 2011
Um why would he want to do that first of all he would have to ask permission from the creator to do that and also some of them aren't using the same version of rpg msker so that might not work

Not saying he has to, because like Wichu said its O.G. Duke's game. But all I'm saying is that it would be epic if he did with O.G. Duke's permission. And of course it would only be compatible with RMXP Games.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Evolve Ralts into Kirlia, then use the HM Strength on it. Level it up, and it will evolve into Gallade.

cadgod120

Your Rival
Years
Evolve Ralts into Kirlia, then use the HM Strength on it. Level it up, and it will evolve into Gallade.

Excellent. Where do you get Strength again? Because I already have the Kirlia. Does it matter if it's male or not?

I know there's a list somewhere, but could someone put it on the first page or something?

Last edited:
Back