• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Moderator Applications

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lerroux

Ruler of PC
Years
  • Seen Mar 6, 2015
Thank you to all who have applied to be moderators so far. I am reviewing and considering your applications.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years
51Ziq.png

LONG LIVE THE KING. :D

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
Infractions are not given just out of the blue. You must have done something to warrant the mods to be granted an infraction. It is not their fault. It is like you are blaming the police for the crimes and stuff.

@Hikari10: I am not sure which side you are on before, but I definitely agree with you that this Lerro-guy needs some tutoring from one of the higher admins. Everything is perfectly fine except the kind of show he is putting up with his demodding and stuff.

Empathy

Rawr.
Years
No. If you, or anyone else continues to post here like this I will be forced to take action. And don't think I won't - just look at the demoted moderators. You have also ruined your chances at becoming a moderator now, Hikari10.

I think I've done well for the forum. If only you knew what went on in the admin forums, then you would be thinking different.

Admin forums? Are you talking about the staff forums or a different forum? Because as far as I'm concerned, everybody can see everything posted in the staff forums, and Lerroux, it ain't looking pretty for you.

Rukario, seriously, we need you back! <3

Lerroux

Ruler of PC
Years
  • Seen Mar 6, 2015
Admin forums? Are you talking about the staff forums or a different forum? Because as far as I'm concerned, everybody can see everything posted in the staff forums, and Lerroux, it ain't looking pretty for you.

All you can see is the moderator lounge. There are other forums where the admin debates occur.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
We're fighting about it right now in the Upper Administration Headquarters. :| Near as we can tell, Steve was contacted by one of the old site administrators from when PC had community sites. He claimed that part of why PC is so popular is because of his website bringing people here, and he threatened legal action against PPN if he didn't immediately promote him to admin. We're not sure what's going to happen, but there's nothing we can do right now...

If this is true, it basically means that Steve can't do anything about Lerroux.

Looks like we'll just have to deal with it. :/

miltankRancher

Years

This. I was stalking the staff forum and, from the looks of it, things are not looking good on you. Most members feel really bad of what you did. I mean, I know that the Admin and Mod staff works as a group, but why the hell do you demodded Captain Fabio and Sydian (though repromoted again) just because of their attitude? :\

Yes, Rukario. Come back, and tell us this is a big joke. :(((

Lerroux

Ruler of PC
Years
  • Seen Mar 6, 2015
Steve is still around, I just happen to be more active than him. You will be glad to hear he agrees entirely with me, though.

gunnerpow7

☆ キレイハナ Kireihana ☆
Years
I'm not being biased or anything but Lerroux has a point. He is new. We should give him respect. I have been lurking into the whole forums for answers from demoted mods to sudden mod searching. It's not his fault that he acts that way. He wanted a staff team that he could work with. Truth to be told, I kinda know how he feels right now. When the whole forum backstabs, he tries to be a good admin. Unfortunately, he shows it in an arrogant way, no offense Lerroux. I should know that because I had experienced that in real life. To be honest, I would do that if I were in Lerroux's shoes. I just saw that now and Lerroux is just another nice person, just like me... This is my opinion on the Lerroux issue... Steve/Rukario must trust him to be an admin so we should respect him.

miltankRancher

Years
About the 'good things,' maybe. But demodding admins and mods indiscriminately? I am around PC for a good nearly two years, but I have not seen Rukario demodding people just for their attitude.

Coolboyman

Veteran Hacker
Years
1. How much respect do you have for authority?
2. How much will you do for this forum?
3. Why do you feel you should be a moderator here?
4. Where would you like to moderate?
5. What skills do you posess?

1: I am authority and I respect myself. I will get other people to respect me or else they get banned and when I ban people it makes me feel all bad-assed inside.

2: I'll act like a total elitist douchebag which is what I'm allowed to do because I'm a moderator and if anyone has a problem with them I'll ban them and make homophobic remarks in the ban reason. I will let my ego reach unlimited proportions and I will never be disciplined because I'm friends with some other mods and an admin of this site.

3: Because I'm me and I'm ****ing hardcore and awesome in every single which way possible.

4: Everywhere so everyone can look up to me and suck up to me (for the sole reason to increase their chances of becoming a mod themselves) which makes me awesome. Did I also mention I'm cool and better than you all? And I'll even be betterer when I'm a mod because I can have an awesome mod icon and you can't which makes you jealous.

5: I'm bad ass, I like to cause trouble for no reason which would get normal people banned but since I'm a mod I'm above the law. I'll be the most bad assed mod in the entire universe and anyone who slightly disagrees is banned forever and will be harassed without mercy. Because I'm allowed to do that. Because I'm a ****ing mod and I can do what I want and there's nothing you can do about it.

When can I expect my modship? Hopefully I become one for the sole reason that I am friends with a few mods and admins on that site. Because that's worked extremely well on several other forums across the internet.

Empathy

Rawr.
Years
Leroux was/is new to the forum, and he is an administrator. So he wants a staff team he can work with? Well there is a staff team right here, the OLD staff team. And maybe they had their fights, hated their forum mod parings, disliked one another, but they still kept the forums well maintained and organised. When Lerroux arrived, it seems like he ruined it. Pokecommunity is a great forum, and everybody has a right to enjoy it, and every staff member deserves to be respected.

Lerroux, when it comes to respect, you tell us we should respect you, the ruler of PC. But really, that is being hypocritical, because you are demoting staff members and punishing members who disagree with your opinions. A true leader and administrator takes into consideration the opinions and feelings of other people, and together comes up with a solution which benefits both parties.

miltankRancher

Years
Leroux was/is new to the forum, and he is an administrator. So he wants a staff team he can work with? Well there is a staff team right here, the OLD staff team. And maybe they had their fights, hated their forum mod parings, disliked one another, but they still kept the forums well maintained and organised. When Lerroux arrived, it seems like he ruined it. Pokecommunity is a great forum, and everybody has a right to enjoy it, and every staff member deserves to be respected.

Lerroux, when it comes to respect, you tell us we should respect you, the ruler of PC. But really, that is being hypocritical, because you are demoting staff members and punishing members who disagree with your opinions. A true leader and administrator takes into consideration the opinions and feelings of other people, and together comes up with a solution which benefits both parties.

Agree here, once again. The old staff team, with their quirks anjd perks, their arguments and such, are effective people. I mean, they are not of the same identity and each has their own personalities, but they still manage to run the forums smoothly. If not for having the staff lounge being visible, us normal members would not be able to know that the staff sometimes have fun. But when you came, PC just became ape-s***. Forever and Kaori disbanded, Megan and Teezee were cut down. Fabio was gone, and so is Patchi. Alex, our huggable Club mod is also gone, leaving Olli to fend on his own. It just became so... chaotic.

I have the capability of respecting you, Lerroux, but you are making it hard for me. For us members. You made some really big changes around here, with just being a member for what? a few days? Be a leader, and then maybe I can respect you.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Happy April Fools day, guys. xD

When I noticed it was the first of April, I decided to come to PC... I had a feeling PC would have something going on for April Fools Day. This really does remind me of the day when I made my first post in a thread waaaaaaaaay back in April 1st, 2008. Such great memories they were, I remember when someone came in and repeated the words "I like this alot" in his post, that user was none other than XLR8. And since I was a very immature person... I stated that I reported the user in the post. xD

Anyways, on that day... all the usergroups were changed to mods and admins... depending if you're a supporter or just a normal member, they were such great memories... and how everyone was surprised that the staff quitted at the time, it was a great April Fools joke. xD I still even have a screenshot of those times when we were all powerless mods and admins.

Well then, let's bring out my application, shall we?
1. How much respect do you have for authority?
Well, to be perfectly honest, I was a very immature person way back in the year of 2008. When I created an account back in January 2008, I never even posted on the forums, I only used the account to download new ROM Hacking tools. From being on the world wide web had helped me so much, I met my first friend on PC... which was chimchar9, which was around near the end of April. After that, I met even more new friends in the ROM Hacking community, I was so into ROM Hacking like I really wanted to look into Pokémon Diamond ROMs at the time, but was quite clueless during those times. My absent years came around in the nick of time, as 2009, 2010 and some of 2011 were the years in which I was distracted by other things... so I didn't come on PC much, but nowadays... I'm thinking "I wonder if I could start being more active on the forums again?", when I thought of that... I can promise you that. I will leave it up to anyone's decision to see if I have respect for the community. As my quote on MSN says, "Kindness will spread... to others that will do the same", something that I've grown more of... and become more respectful towards other people, as the more social I've been over those years... the even more kind I become... and help others in need of any help I can provide out to them, it has been my honor to help other people with any need of help as they can, I will do more in the way of helping with users in the ROM Hacking forum than I ever have, I must be more active... and I have to be more active... 'cause that... is my main goal. So I can learn more of ROM hacking... and to share our research of ROM Hacking, I'm also looking forward to looking into more research in the 3D layout engine of Pokémon Black/White. My name is Davin Fraser Ockerby, I'm someone who loves to meet new people and get to know them, I'm someone who is very social... way more than I used to be in the past... 'cause to be honest... I wasn't very much, even most people who used to be staff on PC know that. Things have changed since those times, as I've grown with more intelligence and more education than during those days, it's a good thing that we learn from our mistakes that we do, when we do... that's when we know to never do them again. I'm someone who was born with high-functioning autism, if you don't know what it is... it's an intellectual disability that makes the person do really well in some things and really bad with other things, like for instance... I was really sensitive to certain noises like the insect zapper at my school and movements like the washing machine hose. My sensitivity to those things gradually went away when I matured. I used to go to a school called Warrnambool Special Developmental School, it was a school for people with an intellectual disability like me, that school surely did have bossy teachers... but we didn't have to do much work, I'm now at South West TAFE... which is much more nicer than the school I used to go to. I'm pretty much a person who likes every single creature on Earth, no matter how it looks like, or what it does... it's nature. ^^ And it doesn't matter who it is or anything... I'd still be kind, polite... and respectful to anyone... regardless of their interests, appearance or what they do... but I will do anything to assist everyone here on PC, I'm also someone that will gladly accept anyone's friend request... and even if they send them out randomly... I will introduce myself to whoever adds me. It's all about kindness and getting along with everyone here. ^^​

2. How much will you do for this forum?
Now that I'm thinking about being more active again, maybe it's about time I did more research on a Pokémon Black ROM and see how the 3D mapping system works, eh? Well for my resolution... I've decided that I should head over to the ROM hacking help threads to see if anyone is in need of help. I've gotta be more active... that's what I really need to do, so that I can do even more for the ROM Hacking community. There's so much stuff I need to learn as well, not just about programming... but also about more of the 3D layout in Pokémon Black so I can see which hexadecimal values I need to edit. It's something that I'd really like to contribute to the ROM Hacking forum to help out with the research in hacking the Nintendo DS Pokémon games. Has anyone noticed how there isn't any 3DS hacking yet? I can encourage that, though I may not know how to program exploits for the 3DS, but there is a possibility that I could encourage this. So far... we only see the ROMs of 3DS games, I plan to extend this further into a new era of ROM hacking... everyone to create their very own storyline of the games that Nintendo has made, we shall indeed bring this even further... and ROM hacking shall become even more popular, we can encourage more people to see how wonderful it is to create your very own ROM hack... even if it may be just a mini hack, it still is wonderful things we can do, we can even learn how to compose customized songs to insert into the ROMs, we can even create our very own tileset, just so many things we can do, it's incredible. ^^​

3. Why do you feel you should be a moderator here?
Why do I feel that I should be one? Well I feel the ROM hacking community needs some help, I assume it would benefit if I can bring in some research into 3DS ROMs and many other things. But even so, I don't feel that there's any "need" for me to be one, but even if I was... I surely would indeed have to be responsible for my actions that I do, it's not just bringing in research of new things that I could do, but it's also a matter of keeping things nice and tidy... like all forums should be. And even as my current status as of now, I can indeed help other ROM hackers that are in need of help, I can ask to see what their issue is, and then see if I know any ways of fixing it, if I don't know about how to fix the issue or if it's something that I haven't learned about, I would leave it up to someone who knows how to fix the issue, such as someone who does scripting. I hardly even know much about scripting, possibly some learning curve for me, eh? xD But to be perfectly honest, I'm not in a hurry to be a higher position, after all... I leave it up to the higher authorities to decide what their decision is. Forums have chosen people who do things very well and follow things well and can do their job. 'Cause otherwise... if we choose someone that is not very good... they could be even more stricter and harsher than others, that's why PC chooses the people are suited for their job, and everyone has their purpose, when we have been given a job on a forum... we have to do our best as we can, 'cause it is something we've been trusted with, we can't break that trust. When we say that we'd do our job, we must do so, or else we lose that position... but that doesn't mean it's the end... it only means that you're more suited off as a member, and that's what's important. ^^​

4. Where would you like to moderate?
Well, it's completely up to PC to decide where I'd be suited for. I can guarantee you that I would mostly be around in the Emulation forum most of the time, it's not common for me to go elsewhere, but who knows, maybe I might? It always depends on how well you help others in the forum and how active you are in the forum and which places you'd often be in. It all comes down to judging my actions of what I do as a member of PC, my responsibility as a member on the forum. If I really have responsibility for the ROM Hacking forum... then I will have to make the most out of it as I can to assist anyone on the forum, and make the most out of my timezone, so that means no staying up all night, but at the same time... I'd have to set reminders to getting to bed and not get carried away by other things.​

5. What skills do you possess?
The skills I possess? Interesting, 'cause I have the skills to keep refreshing the forum most of the time, to see if any new thread comes up, I also like to help and assist anyone on the forum, if they need any questions... I'd be glad to answer them. So if anyone needs my help, I'll always be there. I'm also a very social person... like I have stated earlier, I would accept any friend requests from random people and I'd always introduce myself to them if they ever add me randomly. And why do I do that? 'Cause I feel that's the right thing to do. I'm so open and innovative... like the world wide web itself. Everyone has so many different skills, it's so brilliant to see how much innovation can also come into those skills, that's for sure, I can also clarify that I do have skills for ROM hacking, such as creating my own tiles... if you don't believe me, I can show you some of my work on MSN, Yahoo, AIM, Skype or ICQ. My contact information is on my PC profile, if you would like to add me on any of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back