• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Playsation Meeting- Feb.20th

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
8 Gigs of memory, huh? That'll definitely last them the entire generation. I'm also glad their using a local HD

And the controller is rather pretty, and it's quite interesting. As well as the Stereobar. I'm glad they are trying to innovate in terms of unique hardware features, it gives us a reason to not just go "Wii U and PC".

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Yep, Wii U, PS4, and PC is looking mighty tempting at this point, Sony is bringing the goods. MS better not be this good, cause that would mean I would be fussing over which current gen console to buy for the first time in ages. The controller being share and options is crazy though, its really shaking things up, and making Nintendo looking a bit outdated for having them. But hey, diversity is a cool thing, power to Sony for all I care.

Knack looks pretty cool, the artstyle is interesting to say the least. No jaggies is what's throwing me off though, I'm not sure if its a cutscene or real time.

WOW. All that extra ram? Game restore points, downloading games while you play others, and even playing games while your downloading. Multitasking up the wazoo and I love it. I am also an OS slave a dirty dirty os slave, and I would buy the console just for that OS. Good god is that clean and minimal.

Honest

Hi!
Years
Interesting, I stand corrected. A good show, but I don't know if the PS4 has a key hook that'll make me get it. Maybe I'm annoyed that I barely had my PS3 for a month. Still, not a bad showing. How long is this thing, though?

8 GB of memory? I missed that, wow, that's pretty good.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Holy- ALADDIN? This may not be that related, but that game was a big part of my childhood! I used to play that game on my Gameboy all the time! It was a great way to spend a Sunday at Church.

So yeah, I like this guy.

EDIT: I'm not sure...but I think it's...2 hours?

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Couple of hours, 2 if not more. They're going all out on details for it, so yeah. Perhaps the console itself would be fore E3, as we haven't seen it yet.

Gakai is super interesting, even if we knew it was coming. That controller though, man it looks like its half matte half shiny plastic. Love the look to it, its different enough but still a dualshock.

Honest

Hi!
Years
Two hours? So much for me starting my essay today.

The controller looks sexy in a weird sorta way. I love this whole jump in and take control to help friends out idea.

Honest

Hi!
Years
Oh god, wait, did they say you can play PS4 games on the Vita? That's gonna boost Vita sales triple fold if it's true.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Yep remote play for all PS4 games, but it looks to lag a bit. Also the select and start buttons are out, its now options and share. 1 button only for the pause menu from here on out.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
This Gaikai guy looks kinda like the current Sylvester Stallone.

Also, I'm interested in what they meant about PS1, 2, and 3. Specifically 2. I wonder if this means something in terms of backwards Compatability.

EDIT: Ah. Hm, I guess those buttons won't be a problem, then.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Gakai is being considered for streaming PS1/2/3 games to all platforms sony support, including the PS4. No native PS3 backwards compatiblity.

Years
Unfortunately I can't watch a live stream of the press conference right now, but I love what I've heard of it so far through live updates. Live video streaming of games is a huge feature that I'm sure many will take advantage of, myself included. Also love that you can start playing games as their downloading.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Huh, turns out not everything mentioned is coming day 1, just all long term plans. I wonder how long...

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Man if this is all real time and not pre-rendered, the next consoles are leaps and bounds ahead of this gen, that's some serious mid to high end pc stuff going on. I feel bad for my Wii U now...

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Man if this is all real time and not pre-rendered, the next consoles are leaps and bounds ahead of this gen, that's some serious mid to high end pc stuff going on. I feel bad for my Wii U now...
You won't need to, the Wii U's graphics will be at least twice as good as they are now by the end of its life, especially games that run under the Unreal Engine.

EDIT:This is Killzone: Shadows...something.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Killzone, and those are the Helghast. Love their new look. I got to say, while the environment doesn't look too much of a leap as well as the character models being pretty good, the really noticeable bump is all the particle effects and physics going around. The jump from PS3 to PS4 will be visible in that department in the beginning, but I expect the environment to look amazing a couple of years in.

You won't need to, the Wii U's graphics will be at least twice as good as they are now by the end of its life, especially games that run under the Unreal Engine.

EDIT:This is Killzone: Shadows...something.
To be honest, what I meant was that the Wii U while it will turn out stunning will still be a bit outdated. I can see the console getting launch window PS4 graphics at the later stretches, but that's it.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
To be honest, what I meant was that the Wii U while it will turn out stunning will still be a bit outdated. I can see the console getting launch window PS4 graphics at the later stretches, but that's it.
Oh, definitely, but at least the gap in graphic (and power) capabilities won't be nearly as big as last gen with the Wii in comparison to the other two.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Oh, definitely, but at least the gap in graphic (and power) capabilities won't be nearly as big as last gen with the Wii in comparison to the other two.
Indeed. Last gen was minimum PC settings compared to High this gen its mid-high(Wii U) to High-Ultra High(PS4/720) when it comes to analogies.

HNNNNGH at drive club. Massive racing fan, and a club based experience where you are part of a crew is drool inducing. This is one exclusive I'd buy a console for.

Back