• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shining Opal [FULL GAME RELEASED]

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2022
Hey, Diego! Over on the Nuzlocke Forums, I'm doing a little project called the Unfinished Hack Extravaganza, in which I do Nuzlockes of unfinished hacks.

I'm doing this so that people who are still working on their hack can get feedback from us at the Nuzlocke Forums, since... Well, over on the Nuzlocke Forums, the hacks at PokeCommunity kind of get a really bad rap thanks to things like Snakewood, which PokeCommunity loves and the Nuzlocke Forums hate. So I figured there's no sense whining about an already finished hack, and pointing out the good and the bad of UNFINISHED hacks would be a good way to help improve some of the hacks here.

Obviously, the reason I'm posting here is because I did Shining Opal as one of the hacks! I've already completed as far as the current beta lets me, so here's the link to all of it. You can see what I and whoever reads the topic have to say about the hack from the Nuzlocke Forums perspective. We definitely had a lot to say about Mikachu.

s7.zetaboards.com/Nuzlocke_Forum/topic/8837430/

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
Hey Diego, one thing is keep itching my brain and that is the story going. What would that be in future events, a Darker and powerful one or just plain like winning the badges and the league sort of???
Let me just say that the storyline to this hack is going to be ridiculous, even more so than it is already.
this looks amazing! i'm going to go try it out now c:
All right, cool!
Hey, Diego! Over on the Nuzlocke Forums, I'm doing a little project called the Unfinished Hack Extravaganza, in which I do Nuzlockes of unfinished hacks.

I'm doing this so that people who are still working on their hack can get feedback from us at the Nuzlocke Forums, since... Well, over on the Nuzlocke Forums, the hacks at PokeCommunity kind of get a really bad rap thanks to things like Snakewood, which PokeCommunity loves and the Nuzlocke Forums hate. So I figured there's no sense whining about an already finished hack, and pointing out the good and the bad of UNFINISHED hacks would be a good way to help improve some of the hacks here.

Obviously, the reason I'm posting here is because I did Shining Opal as one of the hacks! I've already completed as far as the current beta lets me, so here's the link to all of it. You can see what I and whoever reads the topic have to say about the hack from the Nuzlocke Forums perspective. We definitely had a lot to say about Mikachu.

s7.zetaboards.com/Nuzlocke_Forum/topic/8837430/
I always enjoy reading/watching Let's Plays of my hacks, and this was no exception. I really do apologize for the god-awful level curve; I have no clue how to do that stuff right. And while the limitations on Mikachu are kind of bad for people doing Nuzlockes, I think it adds another level of complexity and is something you don't see in other hacks. Plus, Mikachu is required for parts of the storyline, and it wouldn't make sense to box it and then have it appear later. All of the criticisms posed are valid, and I'm going to try to address as much of them as I can in the next beta.

I don't have much of an "update" for this post, per se, but I do want to calm the people saying "OMG GUYZ ITZ DED" because it sure isn't.

gg8helper

Not a Glaceon.
Years
  • Seen Aug 30, 2013
When I started it up after patching it, it showed a screen I never saw after downloading a Pokemon hack. This is most likely because this is my first time patching something.

It said something about "being ripped off", LOL.

Years
When I started it up after patching it, it showed a screen I never saw after downloading a Pokemon hack. This is most likely because this is my first time patching something.

Patch it on a new Firered ROM and see afterwards. This could be because of over patching

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2014
I really love this hack, why has noone made a playthrough of this??? seriously.

I mean, I am stuck in the game, and this game is so fun... e_o why world why!!!

Oh yeah I guess we can wait more for this hack. I personally prefer more this than Crystal Dust.

Same here man lol I don't know why but I do.... I should have put this all in one post I look like a spammer...

Last edited:
Years
Hey, Diego, I have a question to ask...

How did you make Mikachu have limitations like that? (Like, how can I make a Pokemon refuse to leave your Party?) I'm making a hack where that needs to be necessary for the story to really make sense (see my signature below for a hint on what I'm working on). Other than that, I love this hack, but I think it may be necessary for the player to get the National Pokedex at the beginning, because I want to evolve my Marill, yet the game won't let me... Also, I think you should put Fire Types in the game before Paul. Torchic would've been nice to use for this gym specifically.

I know my questions turned to nagging, but I just hope you take these into consideration.

Thanks!

(And @Rhytham, it only works with Firered v1.0. If you don't see "Presents" at the Game Freak part of the title, then it's a v1.0.)

Last edited:

Sierraffinity

Years
Oh yeah I guess we can wait more for this hack. I personally prefer more this than Crystal Dust.
I'd prefer to work on Shining Opal myself, but CrystalDust is just a lot easier to make. Plus, I keep having ideas about what I can put in to it, so I keep going back.
And i wait for CrystalDust beta 3 xD
The bad thiing is that he needs to work on 2 hacks so it takes long for a new release + he got real life stuff
Yeah, this exactly.

This is normal. If you'd read the screen, you'd see that it had a warning for people who put this game on cartridges and try to sell it. I don't know if anyone HAS, but you never know.
I really love this hack, why has noone made a playthrough of this??? seriously.

I mean, I am stuck in the game, and this game is so fun... e_o why world why!!!

Same here man lol I don't know why but I do.... I should have put this all in one post I look like a spammer...
There are some playthroughs on YouTube, but not that many, sadly.
will it work with any version of fire red ?
Only with V1.0. 1.0 is the most common ROM, though, so you SHOULD be fine.
Hey, Diego, I have a question to ask...

How did you make Mikachu have limitations like that? (Like, how can I make a Pokemon refuse to leave your Party?) I'm making a hack where that needs to be necessary for the story to really make sense (see my signature below for a hint on what I'm working on). Other than that, I love this hack, but I think it may be necessary for the player to get the National Pokedex at the beginning, because I want to evolve my Marill, yet the game won't let me... Also, I think you should put Fire Types in the game before Paul. Torchic would've been nice to use for this gym specifically.

I know my questions turned to nagging, but I just hope you take these into consideration.

Thanks!

(And @Rhytham, it only works with Firered v1.0. If you don't see "Presents" at the Game Freak part of the title, then it's a v1.0.)
I made Mikachu have limitations by hacking the deposit and release code with ASM. I'm going to eventually make a regional Pokédex that solves these issues about evolution. And I really need to fix the balancing and wild Pokémon, I know.

Years
I made Mikachu have limitations by hacking the deposit and release code with ASM. I'm going to eventually make a regional Pokédex that solves these issues about evolution. And I really need to fix the balancing and wild Pokémon, I know.

Can you tell me how you did that? The program seems a bit complex for my knowledge. And maybe you could make it so that Torchic runs from the lab to see your player again? That would probably be a great way to introduce your beloved Torchic back into the game.

Sierraffinity

Years
Aaaaa i cannot wait for this to be finished ;u;
i have enjoyed it so far
Thanks for the comment!
May I inform a bug? White Screen in Pokemon Crystal Dust 2.0.
Wrong thread. CrystalDust stuff goes in the CrystalDust thread.
I see this hack very interesting. I hope you will continue on the progress! :)
Of course I am!
Can you tell me how you did that? The program seems a bit complex for my knowledge. And maybe you could make it so that Torchic runs from the lab to see your player again? That would probably be a great way to introduce your beloved Torchic back into the game.
ASM isn't exactly a program. And I'm not going to teach a course on how ASM works, sorry.
I don't want to give the player their "beloved Torchic" that they used for one battle simply because the player has another starter to replace it (and most people were pissed that they were forced to get Torchic anyway).

Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2018
i got to know why when your player swaps bodieds it say it feels familar even thouh it a girls body ps sorry for my spelling

Back