• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Describe pokémon in 4 words

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
If you would describe the pokémon franchise/phenomena in 4 words, what words would you choose?

Please don't just type your 4 words and go :p Explain at least a little why you chose the words you chose.

Note - you are allowed to reply several times ;)

Last edited:

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
Innovative, bright, addictive, fun.

Back when it was introduced, it was a new idea, it's a series of multiple colours, I keep getting back into it no matter how much I leave it, and the games are just great to play.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Superpowered Cartoon Slave Fighting.

That's pretty much what it is, right? No matter what medium. Haha, the "slave" part is arguably not true but it's more fun this way.

RoreyG

Lizardon Man
Years
Gotta catch 'em all.

The entire reason this franchise is even alive is because Satoshi Tajiri wanted to bring the joy he felt in collecting bugs as a child to all children worldwide.

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
Years
"A Whole New World"

The Pokemon franchise has successfully created a unique world full of interesting and varied creatures and characters that create their own mythos and way of being. Just the fact that the Pokeworld continues to grow and reveal more Pokemon is enough to keep me around, because they all fit into that world and allow us to interact with them. I guess I like the fantasy of it all more than anything. It's the perfect sort of rpg; fully immersive and engaging both in the game and out.

Chalifoux

:: Certified Granblue Fantasy Nerd ::
Years
"Breaking Into Strangers' Houses" OR "Obnoxious Kids Running Around"

Cause you're always going into random person's places and run around like crazy (or use fly once you get the HM) across the game, am I right? :3

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
"Obnoxious Kids Running Around"
Haha totally!

"Puzzle With Magic Animals"

Because deciding moves, what pokémon to have, how to battle - it's all a giant, complicated puzzle.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
Gonna keep it really simple:

>Fight
>Bag
>Pokemon
>Run

Actually thinking about that is really interesting because you're given so many options during battles. You can battle it, try to catch it, switch Pokemon to turn the tide in your favor, or just leave it all alone.

Years
"Addictive multimedia global phenomenon."

Pokemon is one of the few franchises that has been able to successfully span across multiple forms of media (TV, games, movies, cards, etc.), yet continues to grow in its popularity worldwide. Even 17 years after its birth, it still brings in new fans to this day, which is quite the accomplishment.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Gather your strength, friends!

Pokémon is all about making new friends and helping them grow strong, so I think that's the best thing to focus on whilst making a slogan haha. Though "Gotta Catch 'Em All" will always be my favourite!

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
Addicting, entertaining, amusing, enjoyable. Pokémon is everything a gamer wants. I have no idea how to describe it any more than that.

Sirfetch’d

Basically just insert any Pokemon name there and that describes the main point of the adventure~!

Back