• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Red like roses ~ RWBY fan club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
They said she was simply put in as a minor character to use as an example of discrimination against the Faunus without outing Blake immediately, but I guess since they're expanding like this she can be used more.

Just a note: I hadn't realized Michael voices Sun Wukong. Like, going back and listening to his scenes, it's amazing. I can hear Michael clearly in that voice now that I'm paying attention, but it's so not how I'm used to hearing him. That level of professionalism and enunciation really reveals that he has a glorious voice when not screaming his head off lmao.

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
Really? Michael plays Sun Wuking? I totally didn't know that. I'd have to go back and have a listen. (I believe you, just have to hear it :D )

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
No I getcha haha that was my reaction when I saw a post mentioning the fact. I just didn't remember hearing him in there and usually I pay pretty close attention to voice actors? But wow, that boy can perform.

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
I know. He has some good voice acting. I would have never had guessed that was him until you said something.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I'm actually pretty impressed at everyone. Hardly any of the cast did voice acting much before and they're doing so well like. Especially the main girls, wow. And they'll only improve with time, too!

Demon Wolf

American Wolf
Years
I agree with aquacorde on this the voice acters has alot of talent in voice acting. I assumed they were highly experienced voice actors

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
New production diary, guys!
This one was much more interesting than the last one imo. I like that they're doing this series by following the development of Velvet; that's pretty cool. And getting a glimpse of modelling and art development was awesome. :D

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
I just saw the new production video. And it was very interesting. I like how they made slight changes to velvets armor (I guess you can call it?) and that she's a Mage! That was exciting to hear!! :D I also like that they're making some changes to the background as well. It makes some places seem more fresh and noticeable.

Oh and it was great to know how Crescent rose came to be.

Andrew

Ah Yeah 아예
Years
Sooooo joining :D

Username: Andrew

Why do you like RWBY: I've been a fan of RoosterTeeth for a long time and I really enjoy anime, so it was a great mix. Monty's animation is always fantastic so it was really cool to see how he (and the other animators) handled the change from the Red vs Blue animation scenes to a full blown series that's fully animated.

Who's your favorite character and why? Blake. Without a doubt Blake. She's really quiet and modest, but she kicks just as much ass as the other girls. She also has a really interesting history with the *SPOILER ALERT*
Spoiler:

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
Welcome to the club, Andrew. It's great to have you here.

Blake is a great character. She definitely takes that quiet part of the characters in RWBY. And she can kick some ass just like the other girls in her group.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Velvet being a mage is interesting- they kept saying they didn't want to reveal her weapon but she's clearly going to be using Dust a lot- that's what the pouches on her belt are for. That could also be an interesting tie to Weiss; even though she's more accepting of Blake, how will she treat a Faunus Dust-user?

Going back to the weapon- I imagine Velvet's more of a support-type, so I could see her with a weapon based off a traditional mage staff. But what else would it do? I don't see it being a spear or rapier because Weiss and Phyrra have those covered. Maybe something more fitting to her agile/stealthy traits?

oh & hi welcome Andrew :D

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Well, you can go watch it on the RT site. It's not hard to catch up on, since there are 16 episodes that are mostly under 10 minutes. They've also got the production diaries on there, which is what we've been discussing. There are only two episodes of that so far, even easier to keep track of. They're mainly following the design of character Velvet Scarlatina.

Speaking of, Monty posted a thing! Silhouettes of Velvet's team, yay. :D One of the modellers categorized them as mage, tank, rouge, and engineer (though he claims he doesn't actually know anything) and that's hecka interesting and I hope we get to see them more~

monty5344828e474f6.jpg

Last edited:

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
Sorry I haven't been active on this wor a while. There hasn't been really anything going on since the Production Diaries pt 2, and I've been busy with works and other things... But anyway, I've been thinking on what exactly Velvet's weapon of choose is. Obviously she's a Mage, so the first thing that comes to mind is a staff of some sort.

Now Ruby's weapon is based on (and a cross between) a sniper rifle and a scythe. So I've been thinking if they did something like that for Velvet, what would it be? would it be a cross between two things or just a staff? What's your guy's thoughts on what her weapon could be.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
The difficult thing is that I just can't imagine Velvet with any type of gun. But everything's a gun? I dunno. I'm kind of envisioning her using a staff more like Weiss uses her rapier. But more ranged attacks and area effects? More like what Glynda and Cinder Fall use?

Last edited:

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
A new production diary is out! It's mostly about the voice acting, which is all fine and dandy to me.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
WOOOO PRODUCTION DIARY THREEEE
I loved seeing the process behind voice acting and a bit of mocap and some preliminary animation yesss this is getting very exciting and I'm really happy Cinder Fall is getting more time in volume 2 she's intriguing. :D

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I've been seeing a lot of speculation that something's going to go down with Pyrrah due to her heavy presence in the opening. Also that cute parallel between her comforting Jaune in last season's and him comforting her in this season aaaa <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back