• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen You are only allowed one pokemon

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
As much as I love Mightyena and Flygon, I'd have to say Mawile. It's strong and resistant to most types, as well as being cute! Plus, you can't go wrong with a Mega.

TaviTurnip

Artist and Streamer | Also a turnip
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 31, 2024
OXqVL.gif

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 17, 2023
I've always wanted to try a solo run with Mudkip, so I guess him. If I were to evolve him, he'd be able to take care of every gym no problem. Plus, he learns all the HMs you would need to know to navigate Hoenn and all its dungeons!

Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 13, 2018
It's hard to pick just one, as many of my favorites are in this Gen, cuteness and otherwise... (Gardevoir, Altaria, Delcatty, Milotic, etc)
In the end, I'd probably go with Altaria because it can fly and it's freaking fluffy as hell.
Aguasjkga;wg or I'd go with Milotic, which, with recover, can be obnoxious to try and win against.
I basically killed it, however, with my Gardevoir that I've had basically the entire game.
I don't know why people prefer the starter pkmn, as I've never kept them on my team, or actually used them beyond getting them to evolve into their last form. (But I could just be a mega weirdo over here).

Jacella__2583

Erin, She Who Accrues Shiny Mudkips
Years
If I didn't have to go and beat the Pokemon League and travel the region to catch them all, I'd probably go with Sableye since it is adorable, pretty resilient thanks to its typing (assuming that Fairy types don't exist since it is 3rd Gen that we're talking about) and just versatile. Utility wise, probably Aggron since it's so useful in just about any encounter and can learn vital HMs such as Surf and Strength.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 10, 2024
I choose Sceptile

It is very fast, has a good movepool, and can definitely cut down many trees that stand in my way.

It's Mega Evolution makes it immune to all Electric-type moves, which have the added effect of boosting it's already solid Sp. Atk stat.

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Swellow!

It was my favorite Pok?mon to use in RSE, and I plowed through a lot of battles with just that one Pok?mon.

It would even do well against it's weaknesses, because I would use arial moves and deSTroY them before they did much attacking at all.

I also believe I always gave it one or two random af moves to use against said weaknesses that would hurt them more than Flying attacks, but even the flying moves were strong enough to hurt most Pokemon pretty well unless it was something with a defense so high I had to switch, but meh. I'll risk it.

Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Aug 15, 2019
Tough to decide, but I think I'd go with Claydol. I'm assuming that it's ability to teleport would make travel anywhere easy. I'm not sure how it would be personality-wise, but I'm sure we would get along.

Years
  • Seen Nov 28, 2020
Breloom.

Few questions, do I have to catch in the wild or can I use a cheat to make it appear earlier? Am I allowed egg moves etc?

Back