• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Unova Travel Journal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022
I finally reached Twist Mountain. I'm trying to get through the game as fast as I can. Lol.
Skyla's gym was extremely easy. I swear, when Alder jumped off that cliff I imagined he'd break something from the fall. Why can't we jump off cliffs like that? xD

500.png
603.png
130.png
579.png
547.png
521-f.png

Last edited:

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Lillgant swept Ice Gym (LOL Quiver Dance) while my Vanillish+Zweilous duo took care of the Dragon Gym. Zebstrika covers useless trainers like idk Plasma lol. I've been grinding levels like crazy for the past few days, especially for Zweilous. He finally evolved after annihilating Shauntal and Caitlin. I am hoping that my new Hydreigon can take care of Grimsley and Marshal despite the Dark/Fighting types coming up! Here's my sad line up (I was going to include Volcarona/Carracosta but I am having enough trouble training these 4 with 3 lucky eggs):

14th Day: 8 badges : 12 hours

635.png

Alastor / Hydreigon ♂
Timid :: Level 65
{hatched in Black; traded over}

523.png

Mjolnir / Zebstrika ♂
Gentle :: Level 44

583.png

Vanille / Vanillish ♀
Hasty :: Level 44

549.png

Lilligant ♀
Timid :: Level 47
{obtained from Wifi; traded over}
Um wow lol. Finally picked up White again after 7 months. ;(

I took a huge break from playing White because I got what I bought it for - RNG'd Zekrom. After catching that and losing to N, I just lost motivation to complete it. That changes today. ;)

I've ditched Vanillish since she's being horribly weak. I have swapped her out for an RNG'd Scolipede I just raised today. He's a measly level 32. I still think he's doing better at his level than ice cream 'mon was doing, haha. I'm fixing up bumping Scolipede up some levels during the final two battles since I'm sick of training him on Route 10. Oh man, it's so hard to train in this game! XD;

Here's my update for the finale:
237th Day: 8 badges : 19 hours
hydreigon.png
Hydreigon Lv. 67
lilligants.png
Lilligant Lv. 50
zebstrika.png
Zebstrika Lv. 45
scolipedes.png
Scolipede Lv. 32

Years
Training my Pokemon again.

I caught another Lillipup last night, had a good nature and I raised her into a Stoutland.

Also, today my Chansey finally evolved into Blissey!

Melinda

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022
I went and learned RNG abuse for ID/SID to get shiny starters and restarted my White again. xD This is the last restart I promise. :P

Well, I'm currently battling my way through Nimbasa City Gym.

Team at this point:

500.gif
508.gif
521f.gif
565.gif

Last edited:
Years
Caught more Elgyems in Celestial Tower for the Synchronize effect that happens outside of battle.

I also battled Cheren and easily beat him, I battle him for experience.

So my team is virtually unchanged.

th_503samurott.png
th_576gothitelle.png
th_567archeops.png
th_586sawsbuck-winter.png
th_609chandelure.png
th_635hydreigon.png

Those ones are my main battlers, but there are some other Pokemon that I rotate from time to time.

Melinda

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022
After some exploring of Nimbasa, I ventured over to Lostlorn Forest to capture a Petilil. I figured she would come in handy for my 5th gym battles. After training her up I evolved her into Lilligant. This is my first run through using Lilligant and she's a lot more useful than Whimiscott was. What with Quiver Dance and all that.

So now I'm in Driftveil City and I have already taken out Team Plasma, which was really easy. Cheren was useless as always. I'm lurking around the Cold Storage to capture Minccino and Vanillite. I will probably be getting my 5th badge soon after I catch them.

Team at this point:

500.gif
549.gif
508.gif
565.gif
521f.gif

I'm hoping to decide on a 6th party member soon. :D

Last edited:
Years
I defeated Cheren today, he was so easy.

Rode on the Ferris Wheel with Martin after my Gothitelle easily trounced his Tranquill.

Yeah, my Gothitelle is my star today.

So, my team is virtually unchanged from my last post:
th_503samurott.png
th_576gothitelle.png
th_567archeops.png
th_586sawsbuck-winter.png
th_609chandelure.png
th_635hydreigon.png

I've just returned home to Nuvema Town.

Melinda

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022
Since my last post I've finished the main storyline of the game. I'll do a quick recap.

I defeated Iris with just my Lilligant and Carracosta. After I beat her and received my Master Ball from Prof. Juniper, I dodged all the trainers on the way to the Victory Road gates. I really don't like those gates. ;n;

I battled as little trainers as I had to while making my way to the top of Victory Road. Along the way though I caught a Durant and a Rufflet.

627.gif
632.gif

Before I entered the Pokemon League I went to the PC to grab my Chandelure.
My team for the Elite Four were:

500.gif
508.gif
521f.gif
549.gif
565.gif
609.gif

Elite Four was a breeze. I used the PC in N's Castle to switch out my party with my RNG party so that I could catch Zekrom first. After catching a flawless Jolly Zekrom I went back and kicked N/Ghetsis around a bit.

After saving the game and waiting for the credits to finish rolling, I went on a Pokemon catching spree. Catching anything that I didn't have data for. :P It was a lot of fun.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
You know White Forest?

Somehow, it got cleared out after a while of not touching the game.

I ended up having to do some Entralink stuff to get it to 6 people. At least it's now usable, but... it's 4 less than 10. I feel a bit bad for managing to leave it in the dust.

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
Currently Chasing team plasma through some forest, Completed the second gym after 3 attempts.... :L

Heres the Current team:
499.png

Level 23 Lonely nature.
Tackle, Arm Thrust, Flame Charge, Rollout.

505.png

Level 21 Modest Nature.
Confuse Ray, Cut, Hypnosis, Crunch.

507.png

Level 21 Quite Nature.
Tackle, Leer, Take down, Bite

510.png

Level 21 Lax Nature.
Fury Swipes, Growl, Pursuit, Sand-Attack.

511.png

Level 21 Hardy Nature.
Leech seed, Vine whip, Bite, Fury Swipes.

543.png

Level 21 Bashful Nature.
Poison Tail, Screech, Pursuit, protect.

Pretty Basic pokemon, basic moves.
Will be better once i bet deeper into the game!

Years
Defeated Cheren today, he did put up a good fight though with a Stealth Rock/Dragon Tail combo.

I'm going to see more of Nimbasa City.

My team is:

503.png

Level 81, Male, Serious Nature
Waterfall, Megahorn, Ice Beam, Surf

609.png

Level 83, Female, Lonely Nature
Shadow Ball, Will-O-Wisp, Energy Ball, Flamethrower

586-winter.png

Level 82, Female, Serious Nature
Return, Leech Seed, Megahorn, Horn Leech

576.png

Level 83, Female, Calm Nature
Psychic, Thunderbolt, Energy Ball, Attract

635.png

Level 80, Female, Docile Nature
Dragon Pulse, Flamethrower, Flash Cannon, Crunch

567.png

Level 79, Male, Quirky Nature
Acrobatics, Rock Slide, Earthquake, Fly

And there's a few other Pokemon in the PC that I train here and there.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 2, 2012
Dear Mum,
It doesn't seem like I'm already at Pinwheel Forest so soon after receiving my first Pokemon yesterday from Professor Juniper. You remember that little Snivy I chose? It's now a Servine! We get on so well as well, I really think he's starting to like me :)

I caught a Patrat as well soon after leaving home, he's very useful but we just don't seem to get on, it's quite upsetting but I'm going to try harder so we can be friends. But that isn't the best news, I went to the Pokecenter and a man was waiting for me, he said he had a special gift for me a strange Pokemon called Victini, I looked at my Pokedex and it's number 000 for some reason, the entry also says that Victini has a lot of energy stored inside, but it doesn't listen to me at the moment, I think when I have more badges it might do and so I have already started, I won my first badge against Chilli, he tried to use a Fire Type Pansear against my Snivy, fortunately a kind lady gave me a Panpour to have the type advantage, Panpour did well and the victory gave us a special relationship, but I don't know if he really wants to keep on battling, he never really seems up for it, I may let him rest for a bit soon, when I find a good enough Pokemon to take his place, they have big boots to fill though.

I met Professor Juniper's friend Fennel and helped her to pick up some Dream Smoke from the Pokemon Musharna, she said she could use the smoke to send Pokemon to the 'Dream World' and synchronise the Pokemon's dreams to our world! It seems really complex and confusing but I let Victini nod off to the Dream World, when I woke it up it had made friends with some strange Pokemon and brought them back, there was a Croagunk, Mamoswine and a Lickitung, the Pokedex can't find anything on them but I contacted Professor Juniper and she said they may be Pokemon from other parts of the world, it's weird to think there are other types of Pokemon out there in different parts of the world and for Victini to know they existed.

I need to go now having defeated Lenora with a Throh as some strange hippie guys talking about Pokemon Freedom have stolen a skull from the Museum and I've been asked to help get it back. I'll show you photo's of my Pokemon Friends so far. Hope to send another letter soon.

Love James.

496.gif

Servine lvl 22

522.gif

Blitzle (Japanese) lvl 18

453.gif

Croagunk lvl 14

504.gif

Patrat lvl 16

515.gif

Panpour lvl 16

519.gif

Pidove lvl 20

Years
Dear Mom,
I have been staying in Nimbasa City for the last few days and a lot of things have changed since I became a Pokemon Trainer. I battled a friendly boy named Martin and rode with him on the Ferris Wheel. I have also been rotating my main team to train them. I also did some Rotation Battles in Opelucid City as well as a Triple Battle at the Marvelous Bridge. I'm also exploring Castelia City and Undella Town. Yes Mom, I know it's winter in Unova right now so I have my cold weather gear just in case if I go somewhere cold.

Love Nichole.

503.png

Samurott Level 81

635.png

Hydreigon Level 80

586-winter.png

Sawsbuck Level 80

576.png

Gothitelle Level 83

609.png

Chandelure Level 83

567.png

Archeops Level 80

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 2, 2012
Dear Mum,

I send you this last message for the night from a hotel in Castelia City, it's nice to have a comfy bed again after sleeping in a tent in Pinwheel forest, in Winter! But then I managed to get back that skull I was on about last time, so the Nacrene City Museum is back to normal, with a bit of help from me :)

My Pokemon are doing brilliantly, Croagunk has really proven himself, I still don't know where in the world he came from but I don't care, he is a great addition to the team and is getting on really well with the others. I think I will spend a lot of tomorrow working with the guys and building them up, I have to be careful with Blitzle though, I traded him on the GTS and rumour has it if he goes beyond level 30 at the moment he won't listen to me, I'm going to have to prove I am worthy though and get more badges.

I'll try and keep you updated tomorrow, but I will see what happens. For the moment here is where the guys are at now.
Love James.

496.gif

Servine lvl 22

522.gif

Blitzle (Japanese) lvl 20

453.gif

Croagunk lvl 20

504.gif

Patrat lvl 16

515.gif

Panpour lvl 16

519.gif

Pidove lvl 20

28/12/2011

Hey Mum,
thought I'd patch todays adventures onto the last set of adventures :)

Anyway, we had a lazy day in Castelia City, took in some of the sights and tried to get one of the famous Castelia Cones, but being Winter, they don't sell them :(. After our lazy time we got ready to battle the Gym Leader, Burgh, but he had to help someone who had, had their Pokemon stolen from them! Turns out it was Team Plasma who had stolen Bianca's Pokemon! I'm sure you already know by now, but Bianca is alright now and we got back her Pokemon, a little girl, Iris? Helped her out and she is back and better than ever, I still beat her in a Pokemon battle but she had a lot more up her sleeves this time.

Once we had helped Bianca out I went to battle Burgh and beat him! Soon after we left for Route 4 and into Nimbasa City, as soon as we got in we found some Team Plasma goons trying to steal Pokemon from the Daycare Man, I helped him out and he gave me a new bicycle! We then headed out to Lostlorn Forest to train up a bit and Pidove evolved into a Tranquil :).

Unfortunately Panpour hasn't been able to keep up with the training so he is now resting in the PC, if you need a water assistant at home, I'm sure he would be happy to go home and help you out, thus I have had to get another member to our team, luckily I was given a fossil near Route 4 and travelled to Nacrene City to revive it and got a Tirtouga, he's settled in nicely and I think will do well, anyway I'm hitting the hay, speak to you later.

Love James xx

The Current Team:

496.gif

Servine lvl 27

522.gif

Blitzle (Japanese) lvl 25

453.gif

Croagunk lvl 25

504.gif

Patrat lvl 18

564.gif

Tirtouga lvl 25

520.gif

(Recently Evolved) Tranquill lvl 25

Last edited:
Years
Dear Mom,
I have been doing some stuff today, including my secondary job as a Pokemon Breeder and I was given an egg that hatched into Rhyhorn. She's a girl and I plan to train her well. I also caught a new Pokemon, a Kricketune which I will also bond with. I will soon return to the Pokemon Day Care to pick up another egg. My Gulpin also evolved into Swalot.

Love Nichole.

503.png

Samurott Level 81

635.png

Hydreigon Level 80

586-winter.png

Sawsbuck Level 80

576.png

Gothitelle Level 83

609.png

Chandelure Level 83

567.png

Archeops Level 80

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 2, 2012

Hey Mum,

Where to begin, its been a big day, I went on some of the rides at the Amusement Park in Nimbasa City and even had a ride with this strange guy called 'N' he announced that he was the king of Team Plasma! Anyway I went into the gym as well, its part of the amusement park, imagine that, I defeated Elsa and her shocking team and made it across to Driftveil City, unfortunately crossing the bridge caused some Team Plasma punks, they ran off into the Cold Storage, but I caught them and stopped them. I then challenged the gym leader Clay, I defeated him as well :)

I then made my way to Mistralton City helping out the leader Skyla in finding an injured Pokemon on top of Celestial Tower, I then beat Skyla and made my way into Twist Mountain. It was long and tiring but I made it through into Icirrus City where I'm now going to catch some shut eye :)
Love James xx

The Current Team:

497.gif

Serperior lvl 38

523.gif

Zebstrika lvl 45

454.gif

Toxicroak lvl 38

504.gif

Patrat lvl 18

565.gif

Carracosta lvl 38

521.png

Ufezant lvl 32

Years
Dear Journal,
Today I started my journey through Unova with a very jolly Snivy.

I fought both Bianca and Cheren, winning my first two battles then continued to Professor Juniper's lab to receive a Pokédex.
After being taught how to catch a Patrat with Mincinno by the Professor I made my way to Accumula Town to hear a speach on Pokémon being enslaved by humans, which then led to a fierce easy battle with some random trainer claiming to hear my Snivy's voice.
After this weird encounter I got a call via the Xtransciever from my Mom who wasn't far behind to give me my Running Shoes finally.
I battled with a few more trainers catching myself a wild Lillipup then as I was about to reach Striaton City...
Bianca caught up with me demanding a battle.
I was eager to get it over with so my Snivy made quick work which was a shame as he didn't recieve much exp.
Over at the Dreamyard I picked up a female Panpour then battled Cheren in the Trainer School.
Whilst training my Panpour I caught myself a rather Timid Patrat then fought Chili.
Now I was the proud owner of the Trio Badge Fennel a professor and friend of Juniper asked me to find some Dream Mist, but instead I found Team Plasma kicking a defenseless Munna so I helped out earning myself the C-gear and Palpad.Woot
I then traded my Lillipup and Panpour for a Pikachu and an egg containing Eevee, two Pokémon I will be using on my team.
I raised my Pikachu from level 2 to 14, after I stored Snivy and Patrat then saved.

Edit: Dear Journal,
Today I didn't do much at all except, made my Trio Badge all nice and shiny then caught three different Patrats to trade over a few more eggs for my team and finally hatched my new female modest Eevee.
On Route 3 I entered in a double battle with Pikachu and Eevee, after Pikachu was level 15 and Eevee is now level 8.

Last edited:
Years
Dear Mom,
I have been exploring the Dreamyard after hearing of a Musharna that hides there on Fridays. I also picked up a new TM, Dream Eater and I found Musharna and caught her afterwards. She managed to learn Dream Eater and Psychic and I rode on the Ferris Wheel with Martin again. Winter is nearly coming to a close, in a few days Spring will begin and I can finish my Deerling project with the Scientists on Route 6.

Love Nichole.

503.png

Samurott Level 81

635.png

Hydreigon Level 80

586-winter.png

Sawsbuck Level 80

576.png

Gothitelle Level 83

609.png

Chandelure Level 83

567.png

Archeops Level 80

Years
Dear Journal,
Today I continued my journey by heading to the Dreamyard to catch myself a Munna aswell as a Purrloin and Audino.
The Audino took longer then expected as I kept running into other wild Pokémon rather than the shaking grass.
I finally hatched my Pokémon eggs today and now my team consists of a Pikachu, Eevee, Bulbasaur, Charmander and Squirtle.
Also somewhere else in Unova, a friend of mine simply known as Black is breeding two Pokémon for the sixth member of my team.
I will leave you all guessing if it isn't that obvious, then I saved my game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back