• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Favorite & least favourite Pokemon of the 5th Gen?

Years
  • Seen Jun 25, 2012
Volcarona is a great lead but its 4 times weakness to rock and the popularity of stealth rock are the only thing holding it back. Start with a rapid spin and it is a great Gen V pokémon

sherreamethyst

Dragonite's Momma
Years
My favorite 5th gen pokemon is definitely Archeops and Dweeble/Crustle! I think the designs were amazing especially for Archeops. I love all the colors on him! And for Dweeble and Crustle, I think their designs are very cute and fun! Dweeble is just so adorable that I wish I still had my hermit crabs so I can change all of their to Dweeble, LOL

Mentalii

Back
Years
I am one of the V gen hater. Yes, I'm very disappointed by almost every designs. Really. I love the games BW, but the Pokémon repelled me a lot.
Now, I'm used to them so I don't hate them as much as in the beginning x)
Anyway, each to his own taste !
Well, maybe I don't generally like the V gen Pokémon, but there's one or two of them I can stand, like Braviary or Deerling. And I think Garbodor's funny :pink_nod:

Years
  • Seen Apr 12, 2012
Escavalier and Accelgor are definitely among my favorites (pre-evos too)

Their concept is clever and they just look boss among the unfavorable bug type.

Years
Mienshao's design for me is probably the best, I don't know it just looks so elegant or something :)

Also love Ducklett, Braviary, Tirtouga, Minccino, Sawsbuck, Durant, Cobalion and Reshiram :)

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
Ok, I hate Unova Pokemon in general but I can deal with very few Pokemon from Unova

Snivy and its evolutionary chain and Oshawott and it's evolutionary form looks retarded.

Years
I'd have to say my favorites are:

621.gif

Even though I've been let down by my own Druddigon (his nature suck, and I didn't realize it until recently), I will always love it. It does have high attack and I think it looks funny, but that's one of the reasons it's my favorite from this region.

497.gif

This is one of the best designed Pokemon ever, in my opinion. I picked it as my starter and it has NEVER let me down. I use it with Coil + Leaf Blade, and sometimes Slam (for those that are good against grass).

584.gif

This thing. When I first saw it I thought it was a joke. Then, when I got the game, I found myself wanting it more and more, until I got it! I love it! It's such a special sweeper, and it's just so great.

628.gif

This thing is such a beast! It's fast and it's attack is amazingly high! Plus, it's also really well designed.

553.gif

This is also a beast. My Krookodile was always really powerful even with a bad nature. I think it's really cool looking too. Get one.

Other ones I like or think look good/cool/cute:
Spoiler:

Oh and sorry for copying Hikari's idea with the gif and the explanation

SoratheEliteOne

Overlord of Blowing S*** Up
Years
I'd say I'm split between Druddigon and Haxorus. On one hand, Haxorus has a massive Attack stat that nearly rivals Rayquaza, though it has a gaping hole in it's special defense. Druddigon's speed is... well, bad, though it's got great defenses in both stats, and it's attack is pretty good for a single stage. In terms of design, I'd have to say Haxorus wins.. Though Druddigon's potential is what interests me the most there.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
sigimage2.png

SHADES AND SMUGS FOREVER, MAN.

Shades has freaking shades, and Smugs is just so smug. It's obvious, really.

bewbs

~Chloe~
Years
  • Age 31
  • UK
  • Seen Nov 20, 2022
Vanilluxe, Zekrom, Chandelure, Swanna, Liligant, Serperior, Oshawott, and Larvesta.

arbok

cobra pokemon
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 10, 2013
Axew line- is pretty well recieved all over in both abliities and looks so I don't think I need to explain any further.
Sandile line- I love reptiles so a crocodile Pokemon was a must for me. This was the first gen V pokemon I saw and thought "Must have"
hydreigon - A three headed dragon is cool in itself but there is something about this guy that just seems... evil. And evil is cool. Pokemon like Tyranitar and Houndoom may look threatning but hydreigon is on a diffrent level. Mewtwo was supposed to be the only pokemon that was born nasty but I think it may have a challenger.
Lilipup line- In sharp contrast to the above Lilipup just looks cute and full of personality. Hearder and Stoutland live up to Lilipup.
archeops- Being a fossil nerd I was very happy to see this pokemon, on I immediatly recognised as archeopteryx, the first bird. That alone wins it for me, the massive attack is just another plus.

Zephele

✧ leave it to me!
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2013
Galvantula is definitely my absolute favourite. It has an adorable pre-evolution, and an awesome type combination (two of my favourites). Archeops takes a close second place, mostly because it saved me so many times when I first played through White.

As for Pokemon I'm not a fan of... there's not really any one I can point out. I even like the less popular ones, like Garbodor and Vanilluxe. I'm pretty fond of most of the Gen 5 designs.

bctincher15

blue eye + brown eye =awesome
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
My most favorite is probably Serperior, and my least favorite is, well, I don't have one, I like all of them in some way, but none will be better than the 1st generation.

Joshawott

Banned
Years
It appears this thread's title has been slightly alternated. My least favourite Pokémon was definitely Serperior. That thing disappointed the hell of me — whether it's by its design or movepool. Sad to say, but that was my least favourite starter evolution line.

Back