• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First Pokemon of the year

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
What is your first pokemon that you hatching or catching for the New Year. Or what which is the first for those of you who are in the first of the new year already

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
I haven't gotten that far yet. The first task for the new year, just because it's a new month and thus a new season, is to make sure that I've got Deerling in my party in each of my games so they'll change forms and I can show them to the scientists.

Beyond that - in my White, I'm in White Forest hunting for a couple of Ralts - one male and one female, either to build into a Gallade and a Gardevoir or to breed for others to build into a Gallade and a Gardevoir. I spun circles for about an hour this morning, but didn't find one, so if I don't find one before the day's out, they'll be the first for the new year. In Black, I'm at the entrance to Chargestone Cave, but I'm not sure when I'll get back to that. It probably won't be for at least a day or two though, so whatever I catch first in there will be the first for the new year. Probably a Joltik, though hopefully a Tynamo.

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
As it turned out (since I managed to catch a breeding pair of Ralts yesterday) the first pokemon of the New Year was a level 21 Jolly Steadfast Tyrogue from a swarm on Route 10, which I think I'll evolve into a Hitmonlee. I hung around long enough to catch a few other Tyrogues, but none that stood out as much as that one.

Perico

Ripper
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 12, 2022
I have to say that the first Pokemon I caught (at 10 AM) it was a Deoxys from Birth Island in Emerald. Yes, it is not something usual, but I was recording some videos for my channel on Youtube, and I started with how to get Birth Island and catch Deoxys.

Hatching? Hmm, I haven't and I'm not planning to hatch any right now.

Years
I'm not much of a breeder, so I don't plan on hatching any eggs, but I'm thinking that the first Pokemon that I'll end up catching this year is Aron. I loved using it (and it's evolutions) back on Sapphire, and I didn't find out until just the other day that you can find them in Mistralton Cave.

Sassy Milkshake

It's ok to cry.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
Caught a Drifblim exploring post-game Unova. It's weird seeing all these old Pokemon after seeing none of them for the entire game.

Back