• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Evolution/Pre-evolution Speculation

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Spiritomb won't get one, I'm rather sure of that. It's known as the "Forbidden Pokémon". What would a pre-evo be, the "Permissible Pokémon"?

Cyclone

Their species id doesn't mean much. Cubine is "The Lonely Pokemon". It has an evo so its not that lonely.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 13, 2022
Their species id doesn't mean much. Cubine is "The Lonely Pokemon". It has an evo so its not that lonely.
It is indeed classified as the Lonely Pokémon, but that's because it has lost its mother and wears the skull of of her. It is just his nature. Spiritomb is a mysterious beiing and shouldn't have a pre-or evolution.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Well Spiritomb is made up of 108 dark souls irc so maybe it's pre evo could be 1 dark soul, it's evolution could than gain
558 new dark souls to add to the 108 being a more eerie creature than before.

I'll like to see an evolution for Mawile along with Sabeye. Mawhile could turn into a Steel/Dark or a Steel/Ghost type (I think it's based on either a demon or a ghost, can quite recall.)

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
It is indeed classified as the Lonely Pokémon, but that's because it has lost its mother and wears the skull of of her. It is just his nature. Spiritomb is a mysterious beiing and shouldn't have a pre-or evolution.

What if its mother is still alive like in most game cases? But that's part of the point. Its species classification is the "Lonely" Pokemon so it should by that right be a lone evolution. Just because its Forbidden doesn't mean it can't evolve in the future. Forbidden doesn't even relate to the in ability to evolve. Its only known as the Forbidden Pokemon because it was sealed away.

Spiritomb is simply one I want to see with an evolution.

Years
Xander's got a point, it'll be illogical to dismiss Spiritomb having an evolution simply due to being sealed. Besides curse can still grow stronger even if sealed...perhaps in an evolution the Keystone on it's person...uh spirit breaks unleashing a powerful Pokémon that was more evil, and now more vengeful than the original.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
I hope Qwilfish gets an evolution, there's been some buzz around this since the introduction of X & Y and with it being overlooked it could become really useful.

Something similar to that concept possibly which would obviously result in Poison being replaced by Steel.

That is all but obvious...

If anything, it's primary type would transform to Steel (Its literally made of steel on that pic too anyway)

It's happened before, with Onix being a primary Rock type with an extra Ground since it is literally made of Rock and lives underground...but then when its structure changes to a superior metal based, it's the primary type that changes.

Rock/Ground
->
Steel/Ground

I'd love to see that happen again with a situation where it makes just as much sense. Qwilfish looks like a great possibility for that.

Water/Poison
->
Steel/Poison

It only learns 4 Water moves, and one of them, Aqua Tail would easily be replaced by the Steel equivalent Iron Tail...whereas Steelix learns 6 Rock moves even though it lost that typing.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
No Pokemon needs anything really. They are made the way they are on purpose. Varying stats, usefulness, ability...that's all common traits that separate all animals in the real world as well. They aren't all going to be useful, nor do they need to be useful.

Say that to Yanma, Lickitung, Murkrow, Misdreavus, Onix.......(I could list so many other pokemon)

So I wouldn't say any pokemon are necessarily made the way they are on purpose, if Game Freak wants to they can always go back and upgrade a weaker pokemon and I don't doubt that there are still plenty of candidates available for upgrades.

blue

gucci
Years
I wouldn't say that's true, there have been Pokemon that gain an evolution at later Generations which will most likely be the case for this generation, more so for Gen V Pokemon. This is the first opportunity for them to get a new evolution for those Pokemon and I do think there will be a couple from Gen II i.e Qwilfish, Dunsparce etc and probably other generations too.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Say that to Yanma, Lickitung, Murkrow, Misdreavus, Onix.......(I could list so many other pokemon)

So I wouldn't say any pokemon are necessarily made the way they are on purpose, if Game Freak wants to they can always go back and upgrade a weaker pokemon and I don't doubt that there are still plenty of candidates available for upgrades.

Well that's also the other benefit to it, the fact that those mons mentioned now greatly benefit from eviolite, and Murkrow and Misdreavus are better now because of it. Soo if there is more evolutions to mons it can definitely improve older ones without playing with stats, which can be a positive. But then again I don't want evolved ugly mons :(

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023

None of those "needed" evolutions either. They were randomly given them. There were Pokemon weaker and used less than all of those mentioned yet those got evolutions and the weaker, less used ones didn't. Game Freak will add an evolution when it strikes their fancy, not because of a non-existent need to evolve the Pokemon.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 13, 2022
There should be more dual typed Pokémon with Normal as primary type and other type.as secondary. Normal Pokémon with unique type combination seem like having better resistants. So what if we get alternative evolutions of Glameow, Vigoroth or Clefairy? Maybe also new evolutions of Persian, Spinda and Girafarig?

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I'm trying to imagine what an evolution of Girafarig would look like. The little head on the tail becomes part of the main head or something, or a two-faced Pokémon where the original tail head has the evil look like the happy/sad masks?

Cyclone

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
I'm trying to imagine what an evolution of Girafarig would look like. The little head on the tail becomes part of the main head or something, or a two-faced Pokémon where the original tail head has the evil look like the happy/sad masks?

Cyclone

Id make its darker side become the important one. And change its primary type from Normal to Dark, while retaining the secondary Psychic abilities.

With the explanation being something along the lines of that the mean personality beat the benevolent one and took over.

It could be a Scizor-like evolution (which we have not seen happen since!) as in that its stats merely get shuffled around...but with 455 total I think that wouldn't be cool enough... so I guess like several similar evos, it would be reasonable to get about 50 additional stats.
70 80 65 90 65 85 455
-->
80 100 70 90 70 95 505

Years
I'm sort of hoping Scizor get's an evolution with actual stat growth this time around. Or perhaps an alternate Scyther evolution with stat growth but keeps the Bug/Flying type.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Pinsir's the one who needs an evolution, not Scizor. I dunno what typing it could get, but a Pinsir evolution would be cool to see. Hopefully we get a Druddigon one too, if only cause a 1 stage dragon is kind of lame.

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
Years
Druddigon is already massive though. There's some room for growth in the stats department but I'm not sure where they'd go aesthetically. Barely anyone even likes it anyway, I doubt GF see much demand for anything related to Druddigon ever again.

But maybe that's just my dislike for it coming through.

Years
Druddigon is already massive though. There's some room for growth in the stats department but I'm not sure where they'd go aesthetically. Barely anyone even likes it anyway, I doubt GF see much demand for anything related to Druddigon ever again.

How.dare.you. Druddigon is obviously the best Unova Pokemon, and there are many others out there besides myself who love Druddi. But maybe that's my love love for him coming through.

But yeah, I agree, I don't want him to get an evolution. He's good enough as is IMO.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023

There was no real reason to evolve any of the Pokemon that Gamefreak evolved in the past. They evolve them because they want to add to their lines. That's all the reason they need. If they look at Druddigon and go: "Hey lets make it evolve!" we'll get a Druddigon Evo.

Guy

just a guy
Years
Pinsir's the one who needs an evolution, not Scizor. I dunno what typing it could get, but a Pinsir evolution would be cool to see. Hopefully we get a Druddigon one too, if only cause a 1 stage dragon is kind of lame.
Completely agree with this, and I can honestly see Pinsir evolving into a Bug/Steel should it ever get one.

There was no real reason to evolve any of the Pokemon that Gamefreak evolved in the past. They evolve them because they want to add to their lines. That's all the reason they need. If they look at Druddigon and go: "Hey lets make it evolve!" we'll get a Druddigon Evo.
The way I've always thought about it, GameFreak probably has gone through tons of evolutionary ideas for many of the Pokémon who currently don't have any, and while some of them got them, some of them probably didn't make it. As most of us know, many of the designs go through trials and they are constantly changing before a final design is decided upon. Remember, Torchic? I think GameFreak comes up with a lot of concepts and ideas that either don't make it into the games or are left on the back burner for a later time.

But, I agree, it doesn't matter if we think a Pokémon needs an evolution or not. If GameFreak wants it, they'll make it.
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/5/5b/Torchic_Beta.jpg

Back