• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Did you ever find a Shiny in GSC?

Aryan143

The Fennekin Fan!
Years
Yes I found a shiny Hoothoot on gold on the route where there is the daycare center. I was completely amazed to see that shiny although I didn't used it because it is such a weak pokemon. And besides that, there is always the red Gyarados.

Years
  • Seen Dec 3, 2022
I found a Tentacool once, I didn't know anything about shinys so I turned my gbc off, because i thought my game was broken lol.

Years
Just recently I found a shiny Parasect in Mt. Silver, the first shiny that I ever encountered (and I've been playing this game ever since it came out^^).

Napsy

Tiny Deer
Years
YES! My very first shiny was found in Crystal! It was a shiny Wooper!
I remember finding it and being really weirded out by it, I had thought it was a glitch but I caught it anyways. I was like "Oh It's... PINK. A PINK WOOPER"

I found most of my shinies on Pokemon Emerald however. I had encountered at least 3 or 4.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I encountered my first shiny ever in my Silver Version. It was a Hoot-Hoot, but unfortunately, I defeated it D: I always remembered that. I haven't seen any since :/ (Legit anyway).

Years
  • Seen May 18, 2014
The only shiny I have ever encountered in my 244 hour reign of Pokemon Crystal is the Lake of Rage Gyrados.
I think that the world just hates me.

Years
  • Seen Mar 8, 2013
Not counting the Red Gyarados, I never found a shiny in the GSC games, or if I did, I didn't notice it ...

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I sadly haven't...EVER seen or caught a shiny...in ANY game...and I've been playing since age 6...
I'm going to curl up in my bed now and cry myself to sleep.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I don't remember finding any shinies in GSC besides the obligatory Red Gyarados at the Lake of Rage. I think I caught a shiny Pidgey or HootHoot once but I can't exactly remember.

Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2016
Crystal and Silver were incredibly fruitful for me for shiny Pokémon.

Silver; Hoot-Hoot, Poliwag, Ditto, Igglybuff, Pichu and a Smoochum
Crystal; Hoot-Hoot, Spinarak, Pichu, Mantine and Lickitung.

I can't expressed HOW MUCH I played these games.

CrowSvenson

DarkTrainer
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 24, 2016
I found a shiny Hoothoot and a shiny Kangaskhan in Silver, so many years ago.

Whitney's Shaymin

Creator Of Pokemon Grace
Years
The only legit shiny I ever found was shiny Gyarados! But that was at the lake so that doesnt count. Other than that I have never seen a legit wild shiny before. And I HAVE BEEN PLAYING SINCE RED CAME OUT AHHH.

Back