• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Fan Club

zephyr6257

Hi. I'm strange. Kthnxbye. :)
Years
Name: zephyr6257
Element: Water

If you could meet any ATLA/LOK character, who would it be and why?

Anyone would be awesome! :D

But specifically, I would faint if I met either Toph, King Bumi, Ty Lee or Uncle Iroh. LOK-wise, Lin Beifong! :3

Toph, because she is freakin' awesome. Nobody can compare with her.

King Bumi, because I'd love to quarrel with him and pick his mind and ride Omashu's delivery system with him~

Ty Lee because she's so darn pretty

Uncle Iroh, because he's awesome and I love tea so yeaaah.

Lin Beifong, because she's the daughter of Toph! :3

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 18, 2012
Username: Summersushi
Answer a discussion topic: I'd like to chill in Republic City. Just swims like a fun place

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Welcome, folks! Hope everyone had a good winter break and stellar New Year. o/ If anyone wants to rewatch either series to refresh themselves on some details, lemme know! I can watch both series only if I have a watching buddy!

I would definitely want to meet Avatar Korra! Her confidence may intimidate me at first, but I can learn so many things from her. I admire her determination and strength as a woman. :3 I'd also like to meet Sokka because he's so funny and I will call him boomerang boy to his face yeahhh.

New Topic about Book 2 speculation:
Do you think the Equalist movement will continue and strengthen or will be forgotten?

Last edited:

Nakala Pri

I watched a speck and I absolutely fell in love with it. I reckon Aang is dreamy when he grows long hair.

Urugamosu

Happy, and Searching.
Years
Username: Urugamosu
Answer a discussion topic:
What was your favorite animal cross from the series? Oh my gosh, the koala sheep! They are just..so..cute. ;A;

gunnerpow7

☆ キレイハナ Kireihana ☆
Years
Hmmm... Since I have finished watching LOK and to save the club from its impending doom, I'm happy to help!

Do you think the Equalist movement will continue and strengthen or will be forgotten?

Seeing as Amon "betrayed" the Equalists, I think it would be weakened if not forgotten...

From ATLA, it would be Katara since she is awesome imo...

From LOK, either Mako or Korra.

Where in the Avatar world would you like to be able to visit the most and why?

Republic City for the most since I lie to live in a modern world... But I also like Ba Sing Se and the Western Air Temple!

How do you feel about the speed Korra is developing her abilities in comparison to how quickly Aang developed his?

Well seeing as they first thought of it as a miniseries before, I'm pretty neutral about it.

What do you think was the saddest moment in either series?

In ATLA, the Eclipse arc since they built most of Book 2 and 3 on this.

In LOK, maybe the Pro-bending arc since Amon destroyed it all! ;;

Which element do you think is the most lethal and dangerous during combat? How about for Survival?

Fire is the most lethal and dangerous without a doubt but for survival, Water goes since it is one of our core needs.

What was your favorite animal cross from the series?

Hmmm... A Polar Bear Dog for me... :3

What is your favorite episode?

EVERY EP IS MY FAVE...

But to be specific, the Sozin's Comet arc for ATLA and Ep 4 and Ep 12 in LOK.

TwilightBlade

Years
@Gym Leader Rozu: Welcome! Would you like to join this club, and if so, can you fill out the rest of the form?
Element:

@Urugamosu: Hey there! Thanks for stopping by. :3 What's a koala sheep? Hmm... It sounds fluffy and poofy and adorable!

@gunnerpow7: That's true about the leader of the Equalists. A new leader will have to rise to carry forward the group. I don't think the group will every reach its peak level of influence without Amon. :( The tension may exist between select individuals... I'd like to see the tension appear, but as a less important element to the plot. C'mon, Spirits!:)

There is a new character in Book 2. Alyson Stoner will be voicing Opal. Source.

There's also this, I can't wait for news!

tumblr_mhkstkEGqj1r892d5o1_500.png

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I would be surprised if the Equalist movement went away. It was such a major force and a lot of people were behind it, but after Amon betrayed them they might feel a bit disenfranchised with it. Of course, organized under a new and proper leader, it might still have strength after all.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Username: Antemortem
Element: Air

I doubt that the Equalist movement will disband, but it has undoubtedly lost momentum with Amon's murder-suicide with Tarrlok. With their previous leader down for the count, the movement will have someone new put their foot down, take charge, and bring it back to a fully operational status. Let's be real - it wouldn't even make sense for the movement to break apart from such a simple setback. At least, not to me!

TwilightBlade

Years
Welcome to the club, Antemortem! While the leader was disposed of, the fact that he was a bender makes the situation not quite as simple, I think. I don't think the people will be as quickly to accept a new leader and reach maximum movement since they were betrayed in the past; time will heal those wounds. Is there a time skip in Book 2? Hmm...

Nice find, guys. At first, I thought the pic had Korra sideways and some faceless man LOL turns out that was just her sleeve. /dork

I just LOVE this image. Wow. Although I'm not sure what book 2 will deliver besides 'spirits' and more airbending training, I know the next season will perform at a most superb level.

Some in general speculation since if the rumors are true, we are 2 months away...
What are your predictions for Book 2?
We will find out about Zuko's mom More time with Bumi and Korra's family since things will be rather 'laidback' for a while at least. Korra should restore others' bending, reopen the probending arena, go penguin sledding, and be happy. :)

Edit: Lapras, yes, I saw that too zomg amazing!!!

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Since I think it's six months in the future, I think the bending will be restored and we will see a more spiritual side of Korra that has been fostered by her healing bending abilities. I'm quite excited though to see this side of Korra but I still predict her to struggle with it.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
If Lin's bending is not restored I will cry. I shed a tear when it was taken in the first place! :( Anyway, I'm falling in step with Mac's thought process in the idea that we will see a more spiritual side of Korra in the months to come, as there was a little hint at the end of the last episode (when Korra regained her bending) that she now has access to the Spirit World and it might become much easier and customary for her to enter it every now and then for whatever reason.

The 'Korra gets in trouble for using her bending in some competition' thing that was mentioned awhile back has me intrigued. Maybe she has to pay/work off some sort of fine and it coerces her into leaving Republic City? I'm not sure why she needs to leave in the first place so anything that could lead to possible reasoning is what I'm working with. I feel like Tenzin having taught her airbending would be the end of her having to seek out anyone/anything... so again I'm stuck in that respect. :x

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
Spoiler:

"Being at a color correction session for Book 2 today reminded me that I kicked off this blog a year ago this week with a snapshot of Korra from a Book 1 color correction session. A year later and I'm still behind in all my work, you're all still mad the show is not out yet (which, please understand, is akin to being mad at a tree for not growing apples fast enough), and Korra is still a badass.
Thanks for caring enough to be mad and for following this blog! Love, Bryan
It's an image from book 2! Of Korra! And is that a fence behind her? What can it all mean?"

- bryan konietzko

source

TwilightBlade

Years
^Thoughts?

I'd also like to see Korra visit the Spirit World. Maybe the Spirit attacked her because she isn't completely fulfilling the spiritual duties of being an Avatar. I remember that clip where Korra abused the Avatar state to win a competition too - very interesting how easily she can enter it, when the state is more of a final countermeasure.

In that pic, I think she's cornered. She's obviously angered, but what exactly would nearly back her into a fence, don't know...

I was wandering around Nickelodeon's site and apparently they added a new LOK mini game. Korra keeps running, avoiding Equalizers, but she can use her airbending to double jump. :O And yay, cabbages! http://www.nick.com/games/legend-of-korra-republic-city-run.html

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
She definitely looks cornered as you said... and quite angry. I would like to see her interactions with the Spirit World and I'm sure we will since this Book is named Spirits.

Years
Username: Zorua4Ever
Element: Waterbender

My favorite character from the series with Aang would have to be Iroh... So lazy, so calm, Crying over spilled tea?

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
Years
Username: I hate Blade
What are your predictions for Book 2?: I don't know what I expect honestly. I've been doing a good job of not reading too much about it because I feel getting info before hand creates too much hype and could potentially ruin some plot points for me. I literally only know three things:
1. Spirit World is the main plot point
2. Opal is a new character who will be voiced by Allison Stoner
3. Gray DeLisle is voicing a character

TwilightBlade

Years
@Zorua4Ever: Hey there! Welcome to the club. Iroh has a fun, mellow attitude with life. I can appreciate that... Tea helps! No need to be wasted. Also, have you watched Legend of Korra and have a favorite character from there too?

@.Aero: Oh noes, I had to type out your username. :P I know just about the same as you know. I'm not sure about this Grey DeLisle voice actress - wait, she voices Azula and has voiced Vicki from Fairly Oddparents? That's a riot. We're gonna have a new nasty wicked character? xD

Back