• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Guy!

Years
Hello! Just made this account in order to join the hacking community properly! I have been playing ROM hacks and watching videos on them for years now, and thought it was about time to join a community that shared my interest.
I'm mostly interested in following other members' play throughs, as well as posting about my own.
Looking forward to starting up things here!

Pokedude3012

Slayer of Milotics
Years
Hey Bestwaffles, welcome to PC! I've just started ROM hacks myself, and PC really is a great resource. Be sure to check out the Emulation section. There are some great tutorials, help threads and a place to show off your hacks!

Remember, if you want to make a thread, make sure it's in the right place! The mods are very strict about that stuff (with good reason, to be fair).

Anyways, welcome to PC! I hope you enjoy your stay.

Years
Thank you! I just have a query about where to ask questions about challenges in general, as opposed to a specific challenge? I don't know if I'm just meant to make a new thread, or if I'm meant to message someone? Any help would be great thanks!

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
I could've SWORE there was a forum for walkthroughs, but to no avail did I find one.

Anyway, it's nice to see you've joined the PokéCommunity, though! I myself am a ROM hacker, and I bet you'll see a lot of of others that ROM hack around here, too. There's a few fabled ROM hackers even here that one can only hope to meet, as well. You know, famous folks XD

Enjoy your stay, then~

Years
Yo Waffles, good to meet you! Care to share some waffles with me? :D (though I secretly prefer pancakes)

Like our awesome members suggested, the Emulation section will be a wonderful place for you to check out here. It's got tons of resources from tutorials and guides to scripting help threads and other neat tools. It's probably PC's biggest and most popular section, meaning it has tons of things you can utilize to create your own game (assuming you're interested in that, of course)!

Have you seen the Let's Play board yet, by the way? That'd be where all your LPs go - just remember to read the rules at the top of the section. The staff work hard to watch the LP section to make sure no one joins just to advertise their LPs or anything, though I doubt you'll do something like that since you seem great. ^^ Plus your avatar is my favorite eeveelution, earning you brownie points, ahah~

If you'd like to ask a question about challenges in general, you'd be best off dropping off a post in the Challenges Chat thread. That's the go-to thread to discuss challenges, ask questions about them, and talk about your progress! The members there would be more than happy to help; from what I've seen, the challenge regulars are wonderful people. They'll be on their way to helping you out quickly for sure!

Welp, have a great time on PC. <3 We're glad to have you so hopefully you're as glad to be here!

Back