• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Good or Bad: Corphish?

• Thread starter Pokémon Trainer 188
  • Start date

Pokémon Trainer 188

What did you think of Corphish? Personally I have never used him but I might next time I play :P

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen May 20, 2015
Crawdnaut(sorry for the spellings :P) isn't that bad but because this gen doesn't have the phy/spec split, and it's a physical attacker, it doesn't get good stab moves

Years
I actually like him, I was pleasantly surprised when I saw it.
I doubt I will be using it anytime soon since there are just too many Water Pokemon I like more. But I might give it a try once.

Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2016
I used Corphish/Crawdaunt in my Sapphire mono-type of water and was actually pleasantly surprised. Considering it doesn't have good STABs, you expect it to be horrible but it actually holds its own pretty well and it's Special Attack isn't awful so you don't need to be afraid to use its STABs. I'd use it if it were in a Gen 1 or Gen 4 game, but not Gen 3. Too many fantastic water types in the game to begin with that are better than it (Lanturn/Starmie immediately come to mind).

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
Years
I have never used them before.

There are sufficient water types out there in RSE that is way better than them.

Sirfetch’d

I love Corphish! I actually caught one of these and enjoyed using it on my team despite not being the best due to the physical/special split not occurring yet. I was even more impressed once it evolved into Crawduant who is one of my favorite Pokemon of R/S/E!

Years
Actually, Corphish is a decent Pokemon to use. Not many take him seriously tho. I remember back then I used Corphish alot. I liked its design and his moves, but, I ended up switching him for a better water Pokemon. One like Milotic, which had better stats, movesets and design.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I've used Corphish in Pokémon Ruby once, but I have never really evolved it. Design-wise, Corphish is not so bad. It's quite a tough little fellow, and it's always ready to help you whenever you call it out on the field. When it comes to battling, this isn't such a bad Pokémon either. It's got only one type (and not two), which keeps the amount of its weaknesses at a minimum. It has great Attack power, which allows it to take nearly any Pokémon that are as equal to its size. Plus, it contains a variety of moves in its arsenal that it can take good advantage of, such as Swords Dance, Brick Break, Aerial Ace, Crabhammer, Waterfall, and Double-edge.

Ari Niko

Sincerity
Years
I would never use Corphish
ed2305b7.png

It just isn't appealing to me
777ff663.gif

Altair1

Willpower
Years
I've used Corphish/Crawdaunt in my team on Sapphire. It isn't bad at all. Despite it's same type moves being special based, it's base Special Attack is 90 which is above average in my view.
My Crawdaunt had Cut, Brick Break, Waterfall and Crunch. It was a useful partner.
However I do agree that there are better choices like Starmie and what not.

blue

gucci
Years
I've never actually used Corphish but I love the concept behind it, Crawdaunt is also an awesome Water/Dark type Pokémon too.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Crawdnaut(sorry for the spellings :P) isn't that bad but because this gen doesn't have the phy/spec split, and it's a physical attacker, it doesn't get good stab moves
^This

Pretty much the biggest reason why Corphish and its evolution aren't used in the RSE... without P/S split, its very good attack cannot be STAB utilized.
But even with P/S split there're many better water types.

Orifiel

Priestess
Years
I have used Corphish but I don't like Corphish, only needed Crawdaunt. After seeing one of the E4 has one.
I've been using it through my game play on Ruby last time in my GBA SP.

DynamicD

Metagross Fan
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 22, 2015
It's evolution does have a decent attack stat, but it just isn't enough to challenge other better water pokemon, such as Kingdra or Milotic.

Years
No doubt there are better choices (Starmie, Walrein) but there are also worse choices (looking at you, Luvdisc). Plus i like Crawdaunt's design. i have used it in around 10% of my run-throughs and never been truly disappointed. i do prefer Walrein though.

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
the main thing is that its only available quite late in the game...and its high xp requirement means its tough training it from the bottom up. and also that phy/special thing as usual

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
180px-341Corphish.png

Corphish i caught it in Petalburg city in Emerald yeah it was a great designed Crab Pokemon i really kinda like it i has evolve it to a Crawdaunt and it give some wonderful attractive battle victories to me. But i didn't found it a comfortable and enough to beat the league but its great and I love it.

as you know Corphish is a Water-type Pokémon.
It evolves into Crawdaunt starting at level 30.Corphish is a red-shelled, crustacean Pokémon with a short tail similar to a lobster. Its eyes are saucer-like with small pupils, and it has three spikes on top of its head. Its upper legs, underside, and the lower half of its pincers are cream-colored. It possesses four pairs of limbs in total: two large pincers used for gripping prey, and three pairs of legs used for walking. The upper portion of its limbs, underside, and the lower half of its pincers are cream-colored. A hardy creature, Corphish is able to live in polluted water and eat nearly anything.

Once it grips prey with its large pincers, it will never let go, no matter what. It is a hardy Pokémon that can thrive in any environment. - Its called so :p

And i like Attack Pokemons very much so you know its really good in attack. And it get weak against Grass and Electric types tough :p :)

RoboMan2010

Banned
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 10, 2013
No one is ever going to take him seriously, I don't even know why they still include him.

Back