• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Rainbow Connection [LGBTS Club]

Years
She's awesome in X-Men, and Whip It was on TV recently.

There's such a huge variety of films she was in aha. Hard Candy was pretty good, mentally scarring though :P.

I'm sitting here trying to think of current, lesbian actresses and I'm really struggling. Compared to the amount of out, gay actors it's an odd imbalance.

haha, let me think of some without Googling...

Portia DeRossi!!! I love her. If I were a lesbian...
Jane Lynch - She is a great comedian and dramatic actress.
Rosie O'Donnell - She was out before she came out, hah.

Lindsay Lohan - she counts as one tenth lesbian?
Jodie Foster - She is like counts as half, since she is sort of out?!?!
That red-head from Sex in the City doesn't count. "It's a choice."

All together, I can only think of 3.6 lesbian actresses.

Years
haha, let me think of some without Googling...

Portia DeRossi!!! I love her. If I were a lesbian...
Jane Lynch - She is a great comedian and dramatic actress.
Rosie O'Donnell - She was out before she came out, hah.

Lindsay Lohan - she counts as one tenth lesbian?
Jodie Foster - She is like counts as half, since she is sort of out?!?!
That red-head from Sex in the City doesn't count. "It's a choice."

All together, I can only think of 3.6 lesbian actresses.
I love Jane Lynch. <3

But, yeah, we could use with some more lesbian actresses. Not to mention some trans ones too.

Years
Most, if not all trans actresses play a transgender person or a tranny. I have yet to see one be treated like the gender they identify as. Unless you can think of any transgender people who simply play a man or woman.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
According to my TV it is Transgender Awareness day! Currently watching an interview about an ex-soldier who is transitioning with the support of his wife :).

ErikaInRainbowCity

Everyday I'm Tumblin'
Years
Here is a list of lesbian actresses from imdb.. sadly I don't know half of them ;_;
There's some that you guys mentioned as well:
http://www.imdb.com/list/eisyeLGkASE/

Erika, as long as you stay clear of describing actual sex you'll probably be ok here! :) Discussing attraction/crushes is perfectly fine! ^_^.

Ah ok thanks for clearing that up! I feel so innocent now teehee! (DON'TBEFOOLED) lol.

Crushes, hm? Ellen Page is cute.. I was gonna say that I never liked Juno (don't wanna get into that sorry to anyone who enjoys it lol) so I don't know any of her other films but I forgot she was in Inception and I did like her character :3 For me, there's definitely...
1bd08b6ea27228c386314f309b4dc099.jpeg

Kim HyunA from the kpop group 4Minute <3 My god, I cannot tell you how much I love this girl. If you don't listen to kpop I KNOW you should have at least seen the video for Gangnam Style, because she was the red headed girl on the subway. Before I even knew her name I saw that video and was like "OMG who is THAT?!?" lol.

But yeah I didn't know it was Transgender Awareness day yesterday, thank you SwiftSign! Sorry I'm late but Happy Transgender Awareness day to anyone who is transgender, an S.O. of a transgender, or a family/friend/any supporter :3 love you all!

Phantom1

[css-div="font-size: 12px; font-variant: small-cap
Years
Why the hell can't I find someone, anyone?!

Honestly, the local pool for lesbians here sucks.

Anyone else encountering something like this? Someone told me fish in the sea and all that, well my response was, it's not a flipping sea, it's a puddle.

Years
Don't complain to me, you live in Minneapolis! Try livin' in the middle of nowhere :p

Some tips:
Don't do the bar scene. Don't do the bar scene. Don't do the bar scene.

Instead

Join a LGBT activity group of some sort. For instance, a lesbian book club. Wow, that example sounds like a lame stereotype :p

Let your friends set you up. Sometimes, the interpersonal network will allow you to meet new people, but keep in mind that your friends don't actually have to date the person they set you up with! The plus side is that you may have common interests and you get a third-party perspective of the prospective suitor, though there's some bias, but it can be more accurate than a personal testimony.

Do the online dating thang! (Don't use POF [speaking of fish in the sea] or craiglist, ect.)
Further to that point, I would invest in a subscription of Match. Usually it's a smaller pool of people, but they all generally seek a long term relationship and are willing to make an investment to do so. The site is a filter in of itself. Though, Okcupid, is simply that, 'okay', if you can't afford the subscription, use that with some filter tools to get rid of the bad eggs.

Lastly, this may annoy you a tad, be patient and don't force anything. I have done that when I have felt like my options were limited, and I have many regrets for doing so.

Phantom1

Years
Don't complain to me, you live in Minneapolis! Try livin' in the middle of nowhere :p

I get that Minneapolis is supposedly the 'gayest city liek everr' but that doesn't mean that it's like you walk down the street and just can pick out the gay... okay, yes you can but that's not what I mean.

Some tips:
Don't do the bar scene. Don't do the bar scene. Don't do the bar scene.

I wouldn't touch the bar scene with a hundred foot pole.

Seriously.

And that's probably like, ninety-nine percent of the problem right there. The bar crowd is HUGE around here, and I don't drink... or dance... or even walk on the same side of the street as a club... or ever been to a...

Notmything.

Instead

Join a LGBT activity group of some sort. For instance, a lesbian book club. Wow, that example sounds like a lame stereotype :p

Let your friends set you up. Sometimes, the interpersonal network will allow you to meet new people, but keep in mind that your friends don't actually have to date the person they set you up with! The plus side is that you may have common interests and you get a third-party perspective of the prospective suitor, though there's some bias, but it can be more accurate than a personal testimony.

Do the online dating thang! (Don't use POF [speaking of fish in the sea] or craiglist, ect.)
Further to that point, I would invest in a subscription of Match. Usually it's a smaller pool of people, but they all generally seek a long term relationship and are willing to make an investment to do so. The site is a filter in of itself. Though, Okcupid, is simply that, 'okay', if you can't afford the subscription, use that with some filter tools to get rid of the bad eggs.

Lastly, this may annoy you a tad, be patient and don't force anything. I have done that when I have felt like my options were limited, and I have many regrets for doing so.

Don't know any real life groups. But actually, might look into it. Can't hurt, and I can't say I've really researched much. Been a lone wolf. Hooowwl. Okay I'm done.

I have a total of ONE gay friend. That's it. Out of all the people I know. One. One.

And he can't even find himself a boyfriend.

And online dating... last time I met someone from online it was not a pleasant experience.

Am I just being picky? I guess I'm just facing that point in my life where I need to go out of my way to meet people. Aside from work, family, and my circle of friends, I don't get to meet anyone really.

New Eden

Ascension to heaven
Years
Kind of in the same boat, and I just began expressing an interesting in having a partner.

I have absolutely no friend circle at all concerning in-person, and I haven't since I was thirteen, so I guess that's one thing.

My situation seems to be a little more crunched side considering that I'm pre-HRT though... but I have the fortune of group sessions starting in the fall so luck may come my way in some shape then.

Years
Well, I think many of us have had bad online experiences. It's best used as a date making tool rather than a dating tool. As suggested, I would go to a reputable site, in which, all or most of the users are serious in their pursuits for a long-term/life-long relationship if they meet the right person. Of course people will lie and disappoint you...it's the internet :p
That is why I would say, it is a date setting tool, and should really only be used to help you meet someone in person in order to then access if you are compatible. An online/long distance relationship should not be the main function of the site. It's all about how you use it. Though you might go on five terrible date per one promising one, it might be worth it. As you said, you might have to put yourself out there. Though, it's a lot easier to say than to do in that respect.

Phantom1

Years
Well, I think many of us have had bad online experiences. It's best used as a date making tool rather than a dating tool. As suggested, I would go to a reputable site, in which, all or most of the users are serious in their pursuits for a long-term/life-long relationship if they meet the right person. Of course people will lie and disappoint you...it's the internet :p
That is why I would say, it is a date setting tool, and should really only be used to help you meet someone in person in order to then access if you are compatible. An online/long distance relationship should not be the main function of the site. It's all about how you use it. Though you might go on five terrible date per one promising one, it might be worth it. As you said, you might have to put yourself out there. Though, it's a lot easier to say than to do in that respect.

Yeah... that moment when you meet them.

And they're a guy.

Nope.

Star-Lord

withdrawl .
Years
Ah, people who are interested in relationships. I think it's really cute actually.

I wish I could find a way to fix my intimacy issues so I could do that. I'm petty happy with single life altogether though.

Years
Yeah... that moment when you meet them.

And they're a guy.

Nope.

I doubt that happens often, especially those who pay for a subscription. Though, you have a legitimate concern about meeting a total stranger, especially not knowing if they are physically the person that they are portraying. In your case, perhaps you might want to do a phone call, or better yet, a short and sweet Skype conversation. That way, you might be able to reduce your in-person dating anxiety.

I don't know why I think I am qualified to give dating advice tonight. But, I guess my tips can't be any worse than the crap Patti Stanger spews, and she actually gets paid for her disservice :p

Ah, people who are interested in relationships. I think it's really cute actually.

I wish I could find a way to fix my intimacy issues so I could do that. I'm petty happy with single life altogether though.

Eh, you're 18, there's no huge rush. Plus, you shouldn't feel obligated or anything to be relationship-minded. You have plenty of time to come to that conclusion. I personally have been on a hiatus of which will last another year once I move, and I mean a complete hiatus from physical and emotional bonding. It's good to know how to be single or independent, especially while figuring out what you want to do with your own life. During last year and through graduation coming up next Spring, I feel like I needed to establish my own identity and be able to relocate freely without being tied down by romantic baggage.

Last edited:
Years
I would like to have a girlfriend, but I don't see it happening any time soon. The dating world is pretty harsh and honestly seems to be a lot more of a hassle than it's worth.

Zero°

Mirai Nikki
Years
I'm happy with my current relationship, even though it is a long distance one. This is my first long distance relationship and I've heard they're hard to maintain but I think communication is key especially in LDRs so I try to communicate with my partner as much as possible. It does frustrate me a little sometimes because it feels like I'll never be able to see him in person anytime soon but who knows honestly, I'm not trying to be too optimistic but I don't want to be negative either.

Anyway I would like to join this club. I'm bisexual and have been so since middle school. I'm not open about it irl but there have been a few close friends that I've told, and that's all I plan to tell for now.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
I found my boyfriend on Grindr...

Yeah I don't admit that to many. except entire websites

Star-Lord

withdrawl .
Years
Eh, you're 18, there's no huge rush. Plus, you shouldn't feel obligated or anything to be relationship-minded. You have plenty of time to come to that conclusion. I personally have been on a hiatus of which will last another year once I move, and I mean a complete hiatus from physical and emotional bonding. It's good to know how to be single or independent, especially while figuring out what you want to do with your own life. During last year and through graduation coming up next Spring, I feel like I needed to establish my own identity and be able to relocate freely without being tied down by romantic baggage.

I'm not really in a rush nor do I feel obligated. I think it's just a self-realization that I do have serious issues being intimate with other people and a self-reflection has shown that I ca't expect to be able to get through my life like this. While I've managed the last three years basically by myself, that isn't an effective of necessarily a healthy lifestyle and I should come to terms that being intimate with other people is ok, sharing secrets with people are ok and trusting people is perfectly fine. While I myself firmly believe I am a strong, independent person who enjoys single life, I'm also moving across country for two weeks for post-secondary and from there I'll finally be able to have an age of discovery for who I am. Working on my intimacy issues will be something I'll actively work towards.

That sounded so condescending lmao Moogles I love you so much.

oh my god I was being sincere too lmf

also no shame on meeting your bf on grindr.

Years
OMG! How has it taken me so long to find this! I wanna join!

I found my boyfriend on Grindr...

Yeah I don't admit that to many. except entire websites

Oh god, such horrifying memories of that app.....

I'm so unhappy with single life, it sucks! It's been a long six months since I even had any kind of date! Lol

I would like to have a girlfriend, but I don't see it happening any time soon. The dating world is pretty harsh and honestly seems to be a lot more of a hassle than it's worth.

It is harsh! But come on, you're 28! You have to get out there, missy! :)

What's that Edgar Allan Poe quote, "it's better to love and lost, then to never love at all"

And you miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

I hope my inspirational quotes help xD

Last edited:

Sanguine

malignant narcissist
Years
I actually enjoy being single, it's refreshing not having to commit to anything too serious. It's always a laugh being able to go out with friends and get your fill of the local merchandise ;D

I've never been the biggest fan of relationships, but I can admit that it was nice being in one (the security, closeness was pretty amazing). I'm not sure whether I want to be in one anytime soon, but it's a possibility :3

It's amazingly weird, because I don't remember if I ever joined this club xD If I didn't, I'd like to!

Back