• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Let's Go] Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee Dex: Locations and more!

bobandbill

one more time
Years
As with Sun and Moon and Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, we bring you a guide listing each Pokemon in the game and where to find them, plus additional notes (e.g. evolution)!

Unlike those game guides though, here we also list where you can find Pokemon by Location!

There may be some minor errors or typos - if you notice something is amiss, please quote-notify me here!

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Having played Pokemon Yellow, the gift locations are the same but I find their wild encounter locations interesting. It appears that only Bulbasaur is available prior to Brock with regards to Kanto starters so that makes challenging his Gym with Charmander impossible sadly. They're rare to find so getting the combo catch is almost impossible too.

For those interested in Version Exclusives, here's a breakdown:

LGP Only: Sandshrew/Sandslash(Alolan variants), Oddish/Gloom/Vileplume, Mankey/Primeape, Scyther, Grimer/Muk(Alolan variants), Growlithe/Arcanine

LGE Only: Vulpix/Ninetales(Alolan variants), Bellsprout,Weepinbell/Victreebel, Meowth/Persian(Alolan variants), Ekans/Arbok, Koffing/Weezing, Pinsir

Some interesting things of note is the fact Safari Zone spawns are all changed for the most part(likely because that's where the Safari Bank is). The real eyeraiser was being able to get Hitmonlee/Hitmonchan on Victory Road. Almost makes one want to skip the Fighting Dojo for the chance to get one of them there and then challenge the Dojo later on to get the other one.

Needless to say, I'm liking the LGP exclusives because Sandshrew is really underrated as a Pokemon. Plus its Alolan Variant is awesome and quite frankly the best Steel Type in the game bar none(Smashes Lorelei and Lance hardcore). Also for those wondering why Grimer and Meowth are exclusives, they're both Dark Types with Alolan variants.

Last edited:

Claire Lilly

~Professional Vulpix Breeder/Trainer~
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 16, 2019
I've got my copy of LGE yesterday, so I can already say a bit about some pokemon locations. Let's start with the Kanto starters: You can find Bulbasaur very early in the game, just go searching for one in the Veridian forest. This may take time, since it rarely appears (I was lucky and got one right away), you may need the help of a special item, a perfume which attracts rare pokemon. If you still can't find one, you can get one from a woman who lives in Vermillion city, but only if you have already caught 30 pokemon (just catch 30 random ones, you mustn't catch new ones for the pokedex).
You can get a Charmander also from some guy, right after you've passed the bridge leading from Vermillion city to Bill's house on route 25. You just need to catch up to 50 pokemon.
Right after this, if you are lucky, you can catch yourself a Squirtle on said route 25.

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
I've got my copy of LGE yesterday, so I can already say a bit about some pokemon locations. Let's start with the Kanto starters: You can find Bulbasaur very early in the game, just go searching for one in the Veridian forest. This may take time, since it rarely appears (I was lucky and got one right away), you may need the help of a special item, a perfume which attracts rare pokemon. If you still can't find one, you can get one from a woman who lives in Vermillion city, but only if you have already caught 30 pokemon (just catch 30 random ones, you mustn't catch new ones for the pokedex).
You can get a Charmander also from some guy, right after you've passed the bridge leading from Vermillion city to Bill's house on route 25. You just need to catch up to 50 pokemon.
Right after this, if you are lucky, you can catch yourself a Squirtle on said route 25.

Actually its Cerulean, not Vermilion ;). In Yellow, Bulbasaur was available from a caregiver if your friendship with Pikachu was high enough. Apparently the Let's GO change is to catch 30 Pokemon. Charmander was available north of Nugget Bridge from a trainer who was planning to release it. Let's GO changes this to require catching 50 Pokemon. As for Squirtle, you can catch one on the very same route you can get Charmander via Gift but in Yellow he was available in Vermilion City from Officer Jenny after defeating Lt.Surge. What the requirement will be in Let's GO I don't know but I'd wager its similar to the other Kanto Starters.

Good luck catching everyone. I may get this for Xmas(along with a Switch) or not. Up in the air really.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 17, 2018
Hey Guys , so i got LGE and now i want to try to evolve my Evoli to Umbreon but it dosnt Work ... Its LV.45 now friendship in max ... Lvl Up at night but it still wont evolve. Can someone Help me ? Or is it Just Not possible to eveolve it?

Claire Lilly

~Professional Vulpix Breeder/Trainer~
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 16, 2019
Actually its Cerulean, not Vermilion ;). In Yellow, Bulbasaur was available from a caregiver if your friendship with Pikachu was high enough. Apparently the Let's GO change is to catch 30 Pokemon. Charmander was available north of Nugget Bridge from a trainer who was planning to release it. Let's GO changes this to require catching 50 Pokemon. As for Squirtle, you can catch one on the very same route you can get Charmander via Gift but in Yellow he was available in Vermilion City from Officer Jenny after defeating Lt.Surge. What the requirement will be in Let's GO I don't know but I'd wager its similar to the other Kanto Starters.

Good luck catching everyone. I may get this for Xmas(along with a Switch) or not. Up in the air really.
Ah, thank you for correcting my mistakes. This is only my second time playing a game with the Kanto region (a few months ago, I bought Leafgreen, but played it onky once so far and still haven't gotten through it yet) and since I'm playing the game in my country's language I still don't know the correct names in English (for pokemon names I always need to search on the internet for example). And I never actually played Yellow, I started with Blue recently, but stopped playing it after I've lost interest in it, too old... At least for me...
By the way, I really recommend getting yourself a switch, it's display and system are awesome, there is a huge difference between the old nintendo 3ds console. Around christmas it should get a little bit cheaper (I got mine now on my birthday and christmas together). And LGP and LGE are nice to play too. The graphics are really cool and there are many new features, catching and training pokemon is now so much easier and not so time consuming (I mean the GO feature, which I thought was a turn for the worse for the pokemon game series, when it got announced, but it turns out I was wrong). And Eevee (I got LGE) is sooo adorable! In Vermillion city (hope I got the name right) you can even get an Arkanine, which prevolution you can't catch in this version. I really wonder, if you will get a Ninetailes in LGP?

Hey Guys , so i got LGE and now i want to try to evolve my Evoli to Umbreon but it dosnt Work ... Its LV.45 now friendship in max ... Lvl Up at night but it still wont evolve. Can someone Help me ? Or is it Just Not possible to eveolve it?
It's not possible to evolve your partner Eevee, you can catch wild Eevee and evolve them, but only in the evolutions Vaporeon, Flameon and Jolteon, since they are the only evolutions of Eevee which were avaible in the first generation.
(Also night and day don't exist in this game, exactly like in the first generation. LGP and LGE are basically remakes of Yellow and stay true to their roots.)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Jan 3, 2019
I'm not sure if there is something wrong with my game but a wild Zappos spawned on route 7 in the air, is this possible?

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 3, 2019
Is anyone willing to do some trading. I would like a Lapras mewtwo Moltres and aerodactyl to finish my Pokédex. It would be great if someone helped me to get my shiny charm. I'll trade them back I just need them for my Dex

Last edited:
Back