• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help me make my team better

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 5, 2016
Ok, made changes based on you guys advice. The tested it a bit and made some changes, any more help is welcome, it can always get better.

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 84 Atk / 80 Def / 92 Spd
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]
Decided to stay with the Rocks set and leave himas the lead off.

Breloom (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Spore
- Seed Bomb
- Sky Uppercut
- Stone Edge
Went to the spore set, I'm liking it so far.

Infernape (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Fire Punch
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
- ThunderPunch
I'm liking Thunder Punches Iron Fist boost.

Haxorus (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Dual Chop
- Brick Break
Took your advice to go from Empoleon to Haxorous. I like the new physical sweeper team with Infernape, Breloom and him.

Cloyster (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Shell Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Ice Shard
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Surf
Deided to go for Ice Shard over Ice Beam for the priority move and the venge kills.

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spd
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit
Nothing different here

BENCH
The other pokes who are in the box
Spoiler:

Feel free to give constructive critisism. Dont be scared to pipe in though. All help is welcome. Thanks for taking the time to ate my team!

Last edited:

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
Years
  • Age 27
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 10, 2023
Bronzong @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 84 Atk / 80 Def / 92 SpD
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spe)
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock

A good lead off with Rocks. And explosion incase needed.
I changed it to be a Tank with a bit of Support. It's a bit slow for a lead, and it can easily be Taunted. Provide something like Trick Room for support.

Breloom (M) @ Toxic Orb
- Spore
- Substitute
- Sky Uppercut
- Stone Edge

Toxic Orb works really well with this set. It heals him and doubles the power of facade.
Facade may have a boost, but Breloom is not an all-out attacker. His defenses are too low. With it as an annoyer, it can do its job very well. It's your choice of Stone Edge or Seed Bomb, for coverage or STAB.

Infernape (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Fire Punch
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
- Thunder Punch/Stone Edge

I Sometimes might put him at lead as he can Taunt out the opponent who lays down rocks. But he is also a good physical sweeper as his swords dance close combat can OKO many Pokemon
It won't sweep well without coverage. And Gyarados would be a perfect counter for it before as it resists both of its attacking moves. Thunder Punch is a reliable option with Iron Fist. You could also put Mach Punch in the last slot for picking off faster enemies, such as Choice Scarf Excadrill.

Swampert (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 SpDef
- Curse
- Earthquake/Waterfall
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

I sometimes change him with cloyster. He makes a good curser with superpower. Waterfall is also a very formidabble move
Needs healing, otherwise it won't last long. Earthquake and Waterfall is up to your team needs, as EQ is powerful, but Waterfall will hit everything, even though resisted.

Empoleon (M) @ Petaya Berry
EVs: 12 HP / 252 SpA / 244 Spe
Modest Nature
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Agility
- Substitute

He has a high special attack, and also can give some sort of defensive support
Substitute enough to activate Petaya Berry along with Agility, nothing will out-speed it. Flash Cannon is not needed, as it's coverage is not wide. Surf and Ice Beam should be enough to handle most Pokemon.

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit

He can come in and change the game. Pursuit will scare off Psycics and U-Turn will give easy switches
Add Choice Band for the extra boost.

BENCH
The other pokes who are in the box
Spoiler:

Feel free to give constructive critisism. Dont be scared to pipe in though. All help is welcome. THanks for taking the time to ate my team!

Smeargle is a good Baton Passer, mainly because it can learn every move in the game. An example:

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Trait: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 Hp / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Nature: Jolly (+Spe, -Atk)
- Shell Smash
- Taunt
- Baton Pass
- Spore

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Hi there!
I feel a long rate coming on..

Bronzong @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock
A good lead off with Rocks. And explosion incase needed.

First of all, Explosion took a major hit in the generational shift so, although it sounds like a good last resort, it's really not as effective as you'd want it to be. ;( I recommend running:

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Levitate
252 HP / 204 Defense / 52 Attack
Relaxed [+Defense; -Speed]
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

That way, you get the reliable recovery and still hit with Sleep Talk. The only thing you're surrendering is Stealth Rock, which I can totally see why you'd want to keep it.

Breloom (M) @ Toxic Orb
- Facade
- Seed Bomb
- Sky Uppercut
- Stone Edge

Toxic Orb works really well with this set. It heals him and doubles the power of facade.

Breloom is another who didn't take well to the generation change. Yet, Breloom does still have competitive value and that is primarily because Breloom has Spore. And he's pretty much useless without it. Spore/Substitute/Focus Punch/Seed Bomb. Is probably the most conventional Breloom set. Personally, I run Jolly, but that makes no never mind. You might run Seed Bomb over Stone Edge for the STAB, but it also covers Breloom's weakness to Flying, so again, I understand why you would want to keep it. Breloom also gets the most out of Poison Heal when 12 EVs are invested into HP.

Now, I don't know Infernape very well, but I'm assuming Iron Fist is its Dream World ability? I don't know what the rules are about that. But you didn't write what the last 4 EVs are invested in. No big deal.

Empoleon (M) @ Life Orb
EVs:
Hardy Nature
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Flash Cannon
- Signal Beam

He has a high special attack, and also can give some sort of defensive support

Emploeon suffers competitively, in my opinion. There are just other Pokemon out there that do the same job only better. Although Empoleon does have good typing, it's outclassed by other bulky waters. But in all honesty, at least in your case, replacing Empoleon with another Pokemon that will give you a wider variety of Attacks. Just as a suggestion, Haxorus might be good on your team. It's a silly recommendation, but it might fair better than Empoleon.

Haxorus @ Choice Band
Mold Breaker
252 Attack / 252 Speed / 4 HP
Jolly [+Speed; -Sp.Attack]
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Dual Chop
- Brick Break

This guy is brutal. It's fast and strong, able to wreck anything that doesn't resist it. Outrage is your best STAB option, while Earthquake and Cross Chop give Haxorus near perfect coverage. Brick Break is an reliable attack.

But, in case you are dead set on keeping Empoleon, Hardy is not a good nature as it provides no boost to any stat. I recommend: Surf / Ice Beam / Grass Knot / Agility or Toxic (or Stealth Rock, depending on Bronzong) or, in tandem with SR, Roar. Calm [+Sp.Defense; -Attack].
252 HP / 252 Sp.Defense / 4 Sp. Attack. That way, Empoleon can function as a Special Wall and a team supporter. Which really plays to Empoleon's resistances and innate advantages.

Scizor (M) @ (No Item)
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit

He can come in and change the game. Pursuit will scare off Psycics and U-Turn will give easy switches

Awesome Scizor. :>
I love this set so much, it really just exploits the heck out of Scizor. The only think I would change are the EVs. I put 252 into Speed/Attack and 4 in HP, but that's not too big of a deal. I run a Choice Band set on my Scizor because it works so well with U-Turn, but the Life Orb can do well too. Just be careful of passive damage.

There's more... ;P

Spoiler:

Anyway, I hope this helped a bit. A lot of stuff I said has already been mentioned, but maybe you can get a little more out of it. Good job on this team though. I hope it works out for you. I might come back later.

Good luck!

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
To back up Alexial's changes to Bronzong, I'd use Swampert as the Stealth Rocker:
-Earthquake
-Stealth Rock
-Ice Beam
-Scald/Roar/Protect
Nature: Relaxed
EVs: 248 HP/216 Def/44 Spe
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
(on a side-note, Quagsire and Gastrodon make better Cursers than Swampert because both have Recover and the former has Unaware to set up on set-up attackers and the latter has Storm Drain to take Water attacks (though the Special Attack increase will be useless))

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
Haxorus doesn't get Cross Chop, Dual Chop is what you want for Sub breaking etc.

Rest Talk Zong sucks, its probably the most set up fodder set in Pokemon. I would know because i tried it lol. Same with Swampert. Especially when you are giving up moves like Stealth Rock/awesome utility options for it.

Relaxed, Stealth Rock, EQ, Gyro, Hypnosis s the best set on Zong. Especially how broken sleep is this gen.

Regardless, i dont even think this IS a 5th gen team. In which case the OP should of stated that to avoid confusion. :/ lol

flamehaze94

Jeste!
Years
Err... his Infernape has Iron Fist, so I think the team just turned out to have no Gen 5 Pokemon or he's widely misinformed i dunno ._.

I would totally run Toxic or Hidden Power Ice over Hypnosis on Bronzong seeing as how Breloom is the far superior sleep inducer with 100% acc Spore. I also don't believe in a Breloom without Spore. The standard SubPunch set would work to great effect once Gliscor is out of the picture.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Cloyster's defensive typing is so bad that it's not worth it to use a support set this generation. Try out Shell Smash. Sure, it's risky, but it can cause massive damage if used correctly:
-Shell Smash
-Icicle Spear
-Rock Blast
-Hydro Pump/Surf/Razor Shell
Nature: Naive/Jolly
EVs: 48 HP/252 Atk/208 Spe or 252 Atk/48 SAtk/208 Spe
Item: Life Orb/White Herb/Focus Sash
Ability: Skill Link

As for your backup Pokemon:
Also, your Reuniclus should have Magic Guard instead of Overcoat (it"s weaker than Magic Guard) and use 252 HP/252 SAtk/4 SDef with a Quiet nature and 0 Speed IVs. It also needs Focus Blast over Protect for Steels and Tyranitar

Gyarados is best with Earthquake and Stone Edge as its coverage options alongside Waterfall.

If you're using Celebi as a physical Baton Passer, how about you give it Zen Headbutt or Seed Bomb while making it Impish or Jolly?

Back