• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

4th Gen 4th Gen Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperKirbyFan

Weedle trainer
Years
Ok, guys, here's my question. I've recently been doing an Ultimate Solo Challenge with a Weedle, and I'm now about to fight Red in SoulSilver. The thing is, when I tried to fight him a little while ago, Diamond dust was in effect. I just assumed that the hail on top of Mt.Silver was non-damaging, and didn't really think about it. Just today I used berries to re-EV train my Weedle so he could take hits better, and I have it at the point where some of my calculations are very close to Weedle dying, and some hits will leave me with less than 10 health. This would let regular hail kill me, so now to beat Red I need Diamond Dust to be in effect again. I looked it up and found out changing the date on your DS doesn't work, but I already tried that. I know that in Platinum, January 12 is a date for DD, but I don't know if it is in SoulSilver.

tl;dr: Two questions:

What are the dates that Diamond Dust occurs in SoulSilver?

If I changed my DS date today, but then changed it back to the correct date right after, will that ruin my chances of having DD appear the next time a DD date rolls around?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Ok, guys, here's my question. I've recently been doing an Ultimate Solo Challenge with a Weedle, and I'm now about to fight Red in SoulSilver. The thing is, when I tried to fight him a little while ago, Diamond dust was in effect. I just assumed that the hail on top of Mt.Silver was non-damaging, and didn't really think about it. Just today I used berries to re-EV train my Weedle so he could take hits better, and I have it at the point where some of my calculations are very close to Weedle dying, and some hits will leave me with less than 10 health. This would let regular hail kill me, so now to beat Red I need Diamond Dust to be in effect again. I looked it up and found out changing the date on your DS doesn't work, but I already tried that. I know that in Platinum, January 12 is a date for DD, but I don't know if it is in SoulSilver.

tl;dr: Two questions:

What are the dates that Diamond Dust occurs in SoulSilver?

If I changed my DS date today, but then changed it back to the correct date right after, will that ruin my chances of having DD appear the next time a DD date rolls around?

Diamond Dust happens on Junichi Masuda's birthday (Jan. 12).

No it wouldn't, I believe.

Ritzz

Bazinga
Years
I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this, but I just want to clarify. Do you need the Nat. Dex to send Sinnoh or Hoenn pokemon to HG/SS? I know for D/P/Pt you don't.

Years
Am I supposed to be able to get two Aerodactyl's in SoulSilver? I got two Old Ambers and one Dome Fossil by smashing rocks at the Ruins. I'm just wondering because I thought it was odd...

Ritzz

Bazinga
Years
Thanks bobandbill.

And yes you can get two Aerodactyl. Fossils aren't key items anymore so you can have multiple.

SuperKirbyFan

Weedle trainer
Years
*sigh* Well I need help with this again. Higher up on this page I asked two questions about Diamond Dust (the weather condition) and I was told that January 12 was a date (in SoulSilver) and that if I changed my DS's clock to a weird time but then back again, I would still be eligible for DD when the date came around. Before asking this question, I had changed my DS date to October 7. I had heard from other sites that October 10 was a date, and I had to change my DS to 48 hours beforehand and then wait or else it wouldn't work. I did just that, and it didn't work. So today, January 12, I put my game into my moms DSi XL (which has the correct date) and tried it, and there still wasn't any Diamond Dust.

Does anyone know why this isn't working? It's really getting annoying. If it matters, here's some facts that might influence it:
-The DS I tried first (the october 10th one) was a 3DS.
-The DS I tried second was a DSi XL.
-Up until today, I had only played my SoulSilver in my 3DS.
-I've never gone online with SoulSilver.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
*sigh* Well I need help with this again. Higher up on this page I asked two questions about Diamond Dust (the weather condition) and I was told that January 12 was a date (in SoulSilver) and that if I changed my DS's clock to a weird time but then back again, I would still be eligible for DD when the date came around. Before asking this question, I had changed my DS date to October 7. I had heard from other sites that October 10 was a date, and I had to change my DS to 48 hours beforehand and then wait or else it wouldn't work. I did just that, and it didn't work. So today, January 12, I put my game into my moms DSi XL (which has the correct date) and tried it, and there still wasn't any Diamond Dust.

Does anyone know why this isn't working? It's really getting annoying. If it matters, here's some facts that might influence it:
-The DS I tried first (the october 10th one) was a 3DS.
-The DS I tried second was a DSi XL.
-Up until today, I had only played my SoulSilver in my 3DS.
-I've never gone online with SoulSilver.
Hmm... Sometimes games do take a while (up to a few days from accounts that I've heard but in my experience only one day) to adjust to date changes. At any rate, what sort of DS you use shouldn't matter, but changing DS probably also affects it (the game is also sensitive to time changes). Whether you have been online or not should also not matter.

BTW, maybe a way to 'trick' the system is to change the date and time to just before Jan 12th (e.g. 11:50pm Jan 11th). Then the DS time will tick over to a day while playing the game ad arguably it'll be happy with that and resort to normal. I recall people using this trick for something in DP after all (possibly changing Pokemon for a location or something), so it may still work for HGSS.

SuperKirbyFan

Weedle trainer
Years
Hmm... Sometimes games do take a while (up to a few days from accounts that I've heard but in my experience only one day) to adjust to date changes. At any rate, what sort of DS you use shouldn't matter, but changing DS probably also affects it (the game is also sensitive to time changes). Whether you have been online or not should also not matter.

BTW, maybe a way to 'trick' the system is to change the date and time to just before Jan 12th (e.g. 11:50pm Jan 11th). Then the DS time will tick over to a day while playing the game ad arguably it'll be happy with that and resort to normal. I recall people using this trick for something in DP after all (possibly changing Pokemon for a location or something), so it may still work for HGSS.

Well I already tried setting it to 3 days beforehand, and waiting it out, although that was with the October 10 date. I guess I'll try your suggestion with January 12 and see how it goes, thanks.

EDIT: Didn't work.

Last edited:

§1

Rocket grunt
Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2022
in SS what are all the pokemon that i can only find by using the radio?

§1

Rocket grunt
Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2022
what/where are all the npcs that trade you in ss?

Years
[HG] Need help

I am at Ecruteak City now, before the 4th gym. I caught a Scyther and I was wondering, what you guys would recommened.

Train Scyther now already, or wait till I have a Metal Coat so I can evolve it in a Scizor. I am planning to let Scyther evolve eventually, but I want to know what I should do with him for now.

smurf

Veteran Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2015
if i was you i would train it now make it strong you dont really have to evolve it scyther can still be a very strong pokemon

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
If you train him now you wouldn't have to worry about training him later when you want to evolve him. However, Scizor can learn moves by leveling up that Scyther can't.

Years
Thanks for the comments :D

EDIT: Well I evolved him in Scizor already, because I remembed it's possible that Magnemite hold Metal Coat. After 3 Magnemite, I had a Metal Coat and I evolved Scyther :D

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2014
Hello!
Well, I'm looking to RNG Bill's Eevee in HG/SS...I used PokeRNG and I have found a seed that gives me...
Bold nature, 31/31/31/30/31/31 (HP Electric 70)
Now, I'm confused on how to hit the seed's delay/seconds/frame to get Bill's Eevee with this IV spread and nature...can someone help?
And can someone tell me how to RNG for the two Roaming Legendary Beasts (Entei and Raikou) in HG/SS?
Thanks a lot!
PS: Can someone also tell me how to RNG for in-game trades in HG/SS? Or is this impossible?
PS: If I were to use something like PikaTimer, I don't have to calibrate in DPPt, right? And how do I use it to hit a seed's delay/seconds/frame?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back