• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

4th Gen 4th Gen Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charmander_004

I love Pokémon and Charmander
Years
Help! I screwed it up! :(

hey guys i have a problem with my lucario's moves, the game is diamond. To make this quick this is his moveset right now:

Aura sphere
close combat
dark pulse
dragon pulse

Now the problem is that instead of dragon pulse i used to have reversal, i knew reversal was much better attack for lucario than dragon pulse but i erased it anyway to try out dragon pulse, but now that i want it back it doesnt appear in the list of forgotten moves with the heartscale guy. Then i found out that the move reversal was only learnable when my lucario was still riolu so maybe thats why it doesnt appear in the list. BUT is this how it should be? Isnt it supposed that you can relearn any forgotten move with the heartscale tutor? Isn't there other way my lucario can remember that move? Maybe another tutor in other version? Or is the infamous Action Replay the only way i can relearn it? (dont have one)

Or should i give up trying to relearn that move?. After all i already have 2 other fighting type moves which i find more useful (reversal was my last resort when my hp is low but it can be very powerful at that state). Maybe i can teach him another more useful move like flash cannon? (tried it out and i could beat some pokemon that otherwise i couldnt have, but reversal is still more useful sometimes when my hp is low, isnt it?). So i want your recommendations guys. What move should i put instead of reversal or should i really HAVE THAT move? :paranoid:

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I'll merge this to the Help thread in case people want to suggest different moves. Post there in future if you have any other questions please.

Move Relearner only works for moves learnable by the Pokemon's current form, so it cannot learn Reversal in any other legit way. But as you said you already have 2 Fighting-type moves, and usually it's best to have 2 only at the absolute max; the more variety you have in your attack typings the more Pokemon you can hit with super-effective strikes. Reversal isn't really a must-have move either for ingame purposes and only really useful when you intend to sacrifice HP to make it strong (say via Substituting); the other two I'd think are regarded as better in normal circumstances.

Charmander_004

I love Pokémon and Charmander
Years
thanks for the help bobandbill, you cleared my mind. although im still a little mad that you cant relearn a move you used to have just because is not in the default pokemons movelist. I thought it was a stack that keeps track of the moves you learn, but it isnt. Anyways i guess i'll keep flash cannon, earthquake sounds good too, i'll figure it out. I'm still waiting for more suggestions if anyone else cares.

BTW forgot again that there was a sticky for help questions! sorry!

[Snivy Baroque]

Shinigami Snivy
Years
can anybody give me tips on my team, I have: Haunter, Gyarados, Croconaw, Ho-Oh, Ampharos, Espeon........all in HG, I'm currently grinding them to level 40 for the Elite 4, but need help figuring out a good Moveset for each.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
can anybody give me tips on my team, I have: Haunter, Gyarados, Croconaw, Ho-Oh, Ampharos, Espeon........all in HG, I'm currently grinding them to level 40 for the Elite 4, but need help figuring out a good Moveset for each.
Note we have an in-game team help section (subsection of the Competitive Battling Centre section) that may be of use for you, especially if you post your team there with their current movesets. As for movesets, basically avoid keeping weak HM moves on them for the E4 such as Cut (you can delete those via the Move Deleter in Blackthorn) and don't have multiple moves of the same type on the same Pokemon if you can help it (so for Croconaw don't go with Surf, Water Gun and Waterfall, as that's pointless; the more variety in typing you have the better).

Both Gyarados and Croconaw would actually benefit from waterfall over surf given their superior physical attack stats but if need be I suppose Surf fits Croconaw better. Keep the likes of Crunch for those if you get it, and Ice Fang for Gyarados would be useful at the end of the E4. Ampharos can get Fire Punch via move relearner in blackthorn (need a heart scale). That's some notable stuff off the top of my head; hard to say though given I don't know what they currently know.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
k, I beat the E4, now I need a Heart Scale, how do I get those

The easiest way to get those is at the Pokeathlon Dome, where they can be sold for 1,000 Athlete Points on Sundays and Wednesdays. To get those points, you actually need to take part in the Pokeathlon.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Alternatively, Rock Smash the rocks at Cianwood. Note that you'd need to be a bit lucky though as you can get other items, a battle or nothing at all instead. Moving out and in of the location will reset the rocks though.

Years
  • Seen Mar 2, 2012
Action Replay code for HGSS(all tms)

I don't where to post this so I'll post it here. I'm looking for code to get all the tm's. My friend and I have already beat the elite four and we have pokemon we would love to teach moves and battle eachother but either can't get them or have already used them. Not a single code we have tried worked.
Including:
94000130 FFBB0000
62111880 00000000
B2111880 00000000
D5000000 005A0148
C0000000 0000005B
D6000000 000009B0
D4000000 00000001
D2000000 00000000

We tried many variations of this code such as 63 instead of the 5B and others but none of them worked, and we press select + up everywhere. Really, I have looked at at least 10+ sites and this is literally a last resort. We don't cheat for everything, we might glitch a low lvl pokemon but we raise it ourselves. Please help :)

Years
Hey I have a level 30 Magneton, what level should I evolve him into Magnezone? Does it matter or will his moves be the same?

You don't have to wait, you can evolve it right now if you like.

Magnezone's level-up moveset is exactly the same as Magnemite and Magneton.

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
Years
Hey, I wonder...Isn't it possible to EV train a level 100 Pokemon in Pokemon Platinum. The case is, I have a level 99 Mewtwo, and comparing the stats, the EVs don't seem full. So let's say this Mewtwo struck level 100, will he still be able to get EVs to increase in that stats? Or is LEVELING UP necessary D: ?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Hey, I wonder...Isn't it possible to EV train a level 100 Pokemon in Pokemon Platinum. The case is, I have a level 99 Mewtwo, and comparing the stats, the EVs don't seem full. So let's say this Mewtwo struck level 100, will he still be able to get EVs to increase in that stats? Or is LEVELING UP necessary D: ?

It's not possible to EV train Pokemon when they're at level 100.

If your Mewtwo reaches level 100 when its EVs aren't maxed out, the EVs it gained from that battle will be the last ones it'll ever get.

However, in Gen V, Pokemon at level 100 can still be EV trained.

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
Years
Ok..... ;( Another question. I have a Lucario with an item, Focus Sash. Whenever I go take a challenge @ the Battle Tower (Multi) The Focus Sash ALWAYS DISAPPEARS! When I say disappear, I really mean Permanently. It just disappears out of nowhere and it doesn't come back! I can't waste to buy another every time since the incident happened to me 2 times in a row. Any suggestions?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Ok..... ;( Another question. I have a Lucario with an item, Focus Sash. Whenever I go take a challenge @ the Battle Tower (Multi) The Focus Sash ALWAYS DISAPPEARS! When I say disappear, I really mean Permanently. It just disappears out of nowhere and it doesn't come back! I can't waste to buy another every time since the incident happened to me 2 times in a row. Any suggestions?

The Focus Sash is a single-use item, like a Berry. It only works if the Pokemon would be OHKOed at full health. If you're challenging a Battle facility, single-use items, like your Focus Sash and Berries, will be restored after every battle and after every 7-round challenge (10 rounds in Battle Hall).

Years
ok, i've tried everything...
seems there's something wrong with my cart
tried to clean it, tried it in another DS...

when I insert it nothing happens, like there is no game in my console. is there anything i can do? R4, Black, Mario Kart...etc works fine, but not the Platinum :(

Years
ok, i've tried everything...
seems there's something wrong with my cart
tried to clean it, tried it in another DS...

when I insert it nothing happens, like there is no game in my console. is there anything i can do? R4, Black, Mario Kart...etc works fine, but not the Platinum :(
Try rubbing alcohol at least 91% with a cuetip. If that doesn't work then I'm afraid it's broken. I think it may work though because my Platinum has survived the washing machine. :3 BTW my question is can I catch shiny pokemon on the pokewalker?

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Last I heard - yes, but it's very unlikely. Being able to find them depends on your trainer's id and secret id (values assigned in the game when you start a game file from the beginning). Basically for most people you won't find one on the Pokewalker (0% chance), but some people can and have a very high chance of it (as in better than 1 in 50 or 100 if memory serves, somewhere in that ballpark). Catch is 'some people' means very little. There's more details about it somewhere I believe; when I have time I might try to refind that info.

I have seen just the a picture of someone with a shiny from the Pokewalker, I don't recall if it was confirmed legit though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back