• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your first Pokémon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
How would you want to receive your first Pokémon? Be creative!

Years
I'd want to rescue it from a shelter. I imagine that having a Pokemon isn't just keeping it in a ball and taking it out whenever I feel like it, but actually taking care of it like a real pet and that some people wouldn't be able to handle that and would want to get rid of their Pokemon and for whatever reasons some wouldn't be able to cope in the wild. Lots would probably end up in shelters. I'd want to find one that seems like it would need a home and also one that looks friendly and like it would take to me.

Shadowraze

ur mum
Years
While I'm walking around the woods I saw an injured Pokemon. It's a Zorua I came and picked it up and brought it to a nearby Pokemon Center. After that Zorua leaves the Pokemon Center after getting healed going to the woods again. I follow Zorua only to find out he was captured by Pokemon poachers. So when the night came I tried to go to Zorua's Cage quietly. And I freed Zorua but the poachers woke up, and the only choice was for me to battle them using Zorua and we won and we became best friends since then. :3

Aurora

seven years here and i finally figure out how to d
Years
Either catch it myself and raise it from the ground up, or rescue it from something like a shelter, I guess. Of course, there's always the tried and tested way of visiting your local professor...

Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Sep 11, 2017
I would love to rescue one from a shelter! I find that idea to be so appealing, to have a Pokemon shelter in which you can adopt Pokemon and raise them to be strong. I don't think I would be able to have pokemon in real life and treat them just like I do when I'm playing the games. Not to say that I'm mean to them or anything, but I don't want to let any of them sit in the PC in real life.

GarlandDaHero

Cute Noivern is Cute.
Years
I would like to get it by bonding with it as a child. Say, just for example, a wounded Deoxys is near my house(because Deoxys is my favorite Pokemon), and I treat it with the help of my family, and later on in life, when I become 10 or so, we set off on a journey. That would be my ideal way of receiving my first Pokemon.

Ledgetheorc

Pokemon Researcher
Years
The curious little Leafeon who'd been following me as I study the strange flora in the area would, would bravely save me from being eaten by a wild, and hungry Victreebel, after running for our lives, we'd both find ourselves in unknown territory forming a bond from attempting to survive in the harsh jungle.

Kitori

[FONT=impact][COLOR=#000000][I][b] V A L K Y R I E
Years
Catching it myself...After running away from 8192 random encounters and finally finding a shiny. >3

Years
  • Age 36
  • Iowa
  • Seen Jun 11, 2013
I'd want to adopt the Psyduck cared by Mr. Fuji in Lavender Town. I'd name him Quackers & we'd be best buddies for life x3

Years
Since getting a Pokemon at a Pokemon lab isn't all that exciting, I'd like to think that I'd get an egg from the local Gym Leader, which I would care for until it hatched. As I raised it from a baby to a fully capable Pokemon, I would make sure to have my first Gym battle with that same Gym Leader, so our first journey could come full circle before we started off on a new one.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I would want to find the egg, sort of nestled away so that it's safe but not so much that it's in an obvious nest. I'd check on it a few times a day, noting that there were never any parents around and worrying about it. Eventually, I'd figure out that it didn't have anyone to look after it and take things into my own hands. It would hatch into an adorable Pokemon that I'd love to have around (so, you know, no Aipom eggs or anything) and we'd be best buds.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
I'd like winning it in a contest. Like, "Oh hey congrats on drinking that gallon of milk without puking! Here's a Petilil."

And then I drag it with me on a half-baked adventure.

PichuRules4ever

The TF2 Pyro
Years
I would like to walk home one day and find an egg under a tree. i would look at it, look around, then look back at the egg. I would pick up and keep walking towards my house. by the time i get to my house the egg would hatch into a Pichu (with Volt Tackle and Thunder). I would yell "awesome" and run inside my house to hang out with my new Pichu. I would raise it from there. :t172:

GrayJM9

Playing White 2
Years
  • Seen May 14, 2013
I would rescue it from a shelter just like I did with my dog.

Years
I would have seen it for the first time say on a TV show or something, and then made it my mission to get myself one. When I came of age, I would travel to the region it was in (probably in a group so they could protect me with their pokémon lol), then when I finally catch one it'll be so much sweeter cause I waited that wee bit longer to get it :)

Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2023
How I picture getting my first pokemon is exploring a forest. Just walking through it when out of the bushes a raging ursaring appears. Then I run, I get away from it. It begins to storm and I am lost, So I wander into a den. Now freezing I collect the driest sticks available. In the den I spot a shiny, little, abandoned vulpix. She keeps me warm through the night and follows me home. And that would be how I would want to find my first pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back