• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Wow! That's very mature of you."

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
How mature would you say you are? On a scale from 1-10 for example?

Do you easily get angry or make pointless fits/arguments often? Do you laugh at just about any sexual or off-joke/crude humor ? How much more mature would you say you are now than you were 5 years ago?

As for me I'd rate myself a 6.5. I can act mature at times, particularly when the situation fits, but I still find myself laughing at the crude and sexual humor in shows like Adventure Time, Regular Show or other shows that generally aimed at children as well as more adult-orienntated stuff such as Family Guy. I also can make pointless arguments or scream at someone for no reason. If asked this 5- 7 years ago, I would gave myself a 3 or 4. Even at 14/15/16 years old, I would have tanturms and fits. If something pissed me off (mostly at school) I'd cry, scream, run all over and throw things. Around mid way of being 16 I realized , "This is not how a person my age acts." And so I started trying to act more mature and learning how to conrtol my anger. Now I don't get as angry at stuff and when I do have a ragefit , I apologize afterwords. Still think I have a lot more growing up though.

How about you guys?

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Do you easily get angry or make pointless fits/arguments often? Do you laugh at just about any sexual or off-joke/crude humor ?
I don't think laughing at a certain kind of joke makes you more or less mature- I think it's about laughing in the wrong situation, or laughing at someone else's expense that makes you more or less mature.
I think maturity is based on how you handle certain situations, and if I want to laugh at a fart joke from time to time, then I don't think it makes me any less mature at the end of the day. It's not like you suddenly grow up and you stop having a sense of humor. You're allowed to be an adult and watch cartoons and play games.
What makes you mature is if you are responsible. Are you responsible for your own situation or do you put the blame on others? Do you throw a fit when things don't go your way, or do you do things in a fit of jealousy? How do you approach people? Can you provide for yourself or can you take the steps to realize and be grateful for the things given to you instead of taking them for granted?

I feel I'm quite responsible, I'm living on my own and I've had to figure out things for myself (DIY projects whee.) I'm not reckless with my health or money, and I respect other points of views even if I hold my own. But things can sometimes become really overwhelming and sometimes I let them get the better of me. I'm also too impatient, and too sensitive. Overall I'd say 8/10. I'm more responsible, I feel, than most people up to 10 years older than me that I know. But I still have some things to learn and to calm down sometimes and not take so many things to heart.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Six or seven out of ten. I'm pretty immature at times and that bothers me, but I am really trying to work on it. Due to my age though, you could say I'm maybe a four or a five. Kura, though, seems to be one of the most mature people on this site, imo.

Sirfetch’d

I'm probably a 6. I can be immature a lot, but it really depends on who I am around. I tend to act like the people around me sometimes, so if they are joking around and being immature I likely will as well.

Years
HOLY crap, this one's for ME, PEEPZ.
I'd give myself a 1 or a 2... hahaha.
I play with stuffed animals, watch hello kitty and my little pony, and I also enjoy the kinds of jokes you list here, as well as stuff like farting, poop, and pee.
It's all awesome. HAR HAR HAR

P.S, there's a purple penguin beneath you... :P

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
I'm probably a 5.5.

I yell a lot, and I get angry really easily...I can't take jokes centred around me at all, and I don't really laugh at sexual jokes. I'm also a really immature person in real life :S

Broken_Arrow

Paper Plane
Years
depends on my mood..sometimes i feel like 10 years old sometimes i feel like 50 years old sometimes i feel my age..so it's mood that decides ..normally i would give myself 5 or 6 mature ..just incase ;p

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I don't think laughing at a certain kind of joke makes you more or less mature- I think it's about laughing in the wrong situation, or laughing at someone else's expense that makes you more or less mature.
I think maturity is based on how you handle certain situations, and if I want to laugh at a fart joke from time to time, then I don't think it makes me any less mature at the end of the day. It's not like you suddenly grow up and you stop having a sense of humor. You're allowed to be an adult and watch cartoons and play games.
What makes you mature is if you are responsible. Are you responsible for your own situation or do you put the blame on others? Do you throw a fit when things don't go your way, or do you do things in a fit of jealousy? How do you approach people? Can you provide for yourself or can you take the steps to realize and be grateful for the things given to you instead of taking them for granted?

Well that is a very good point.I guess the sayings such as "kid at heart" and "the kid inside of me" seems fitting for that situation. I would have to agree in a way, there's nothing wrong with laughing at those kind of jokes sometimes or even make them yourself.

And after reading your response, I have to agree with Mac, you're one of the most mature people on here. Not trying to kiss up, but it's true.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
It varies. When I was a kid, I was told that I'm a 40-year-old man (even though I'm not a guy ?_?) in the body of a child. Apparently I was pretty mature for my age.

I do stupid things, but I can be mature if I want to. {:

Sanguine

malignant narcissist
Years
I'd say a 7. When having fun, I can sometimes dip, but it's usually around that number.

I very rarely get angry. I usually brush off anything that could offend me, unless they're incredibly offensive. Sexual/crude humour doesn't appeal to me, but if the joke is funny, then I'll laugh. However, if the joke was said just for the sake of being crude, then no.

I'd like to think that I am a lot more mature now, as I've had time to see the world around me for what it truly is, and I've had time to embrace it.

Years
I'm probably a 7 or 8 but I admit that my maturity is weird. I am often described as being very insightful and mature by people, but I'm right there with them enjoying stupid and immature antics a lot of the time.

I also agree with what Kura said. I don't think your sense of humour makes you either more or less mature, it is mostly the jokes you make or laugh at in certain situations.

Back