• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Pokémon Helio Version

Which starter would you pick?

• Chamelica - Grass Starter

Votes: 110 26.6%
  • Kittorch - Fire Starter

Votes: 197 47.7%
  • Pireel - Water Starter

Votes: 106 25.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

aquakip

Art Director, Pokemon Ethereal Gates
Years
Ok. Ok. Ok. I guess you dont like them. ^_^

Well, maybe you'll like this set of the trio. I went with a different approach this time:
maroo9102925360iaza.gif
koi9531637882iaza.gif
thun3756099626iaza.gif

Better? Or worse?

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
Years

Well, maybe you'll like this set of the trio. I went with a different approach this time:
maroo9102925360iaza.gif
koi9531637882iaza.gif
thun3756099626iaza.gif

Better? Or worse?

Definately better. I especially like the primal nature of Id. This is certainly an excellent legendary trio.

What are there types?

This game is brilliant, keep it up. :cer_smile:

mulch_ar

What should I type here?
Years

maroo9102925360iaza.gif
koi9531637882iaza.gif
thun3756099626iaza.gif

Better? Or worse?
Way better than the previous trio IMO. I guess they have more 'character' and Pokémon-ny feel in them. Great job, I'm loving what I see so far

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 14, 2013

maroo9102925360iaza.gif
koi9531637882iaza.gif
thun3756099626iaza.gif

Better? Or worse?
A lot better, indeed. I like the colours, but let me say a thing: they're BIIIIIG, with the result of looking a bit empty somehow. Legendaries do not need to be that big to seem legendaries. Often it is the detail amount to make a legendary pokémon look like that...

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017

maroo9102925360iaza.gif
koi9531637882iaza.gif
thun3756099626iaza.gif

Better? Or worse?

That's the Aquakip spriting I know!
Anyway I think you should change the pose of the second one, so it looks more serpentine, and its pose doesn't look too much like the first. For names maybe Taurius, Piscion, and Plasmath.

Bards Sword

La Resistance!
Years
Thanks for all the feedback!

@AceDragonite We'll work on new names, bearing in mind the more psychological aspect of the trio and their status as parts of the soul. The concept of using Zodiac signs was a nice one, but the names aren't going to be centered around the signs, as the big thing is still their being the personification of the id, ego, and superego.

NovaStar

Team Malachite Spriter
Years
The resprites are looking much better now although the bull can probably be less rounded and slender. Maybe a more muscular build?

Also I love the idea of the trio although I can't think of any clever names to help you out with.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
Thanks for all the feedback!

@AceDragonite We'll work on new names, bearing in mind the more psychological aspect of the trio and their status as parts of the soul. The concept of using Zodiac signs was a nice one, but the names aren't going to be centered around the signs, as the big thing is still their being the personification of the id, ego, and superego.

okay from wikipedia I can conclude that the Id represents the wants, and the drive to get it, and it lacks logic, mostly made up of selfish passion. The ego is the part of the psyche that thinks realistically and provides a voice of reason to the id. I also learned that it sets up sort of "mental defenses", so I'm guessing the ego pokemon has a high defense and Special defense stat? Finally the Super-Ego is sort of a consience and opposite to the id. From this I think the Id should be fire/ghost and it wants revenge on Julian for killing rayquazza, the ego tries to reason with both the superego and id, but is left in the backround with a sense of regret, maybe a Psychic/Ghost type as it is secluded but intelligent, while the superego is against the ego, and the three pokemon should just enjoy what they have, I think this one should stay Electric/Ghost as electric symbolizes innovative thinking. It will be hard to explain these to players of Pokemon Helio, though.

Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2013
Great resprites. I agree with one of the above posters though that legendary sprites should have more elements of detail, so just a few special touches in small places on those three would really make them shine. Also, did you resprite those that quickly? Quite impressive.

Starrcasm

Game Director, Pokémon Ethereal Gates
Years
I figure its about time to post some sort of update, yes?

Good. Let's begin.
Sept 10, 2010

Hello, and welcome to my first informal update. This is where I will just type in free-hand without much organization. There's a bunch of stuff I'm going to catch you up on and I really dont want to have to label everything under "character update" or "plot update" or "sprite update" or any of that. Well, not today. :)

First of all, to any who celebrate it, Happy Rosh Hashanah, the Jewish New Year. Its the year 5771 if any of you were interested.

Secondly, I've started creating GIF support banners, the prototype of which is displayed in my signature below. I'll be making a few more of these before the demo comes out later this year. I also wanted to put a shout-out saying that possibly in Mid-October we're going to begin our beta-testing, so I may or may not be asking the general public to give us a few volunteers to beta test for us. If you are slightly interested you may send me a PM or VM telling me why you want to be a beta-tester.

Thirdly, I want to put my opinion on the new ghost trio out there. [its much better :D]

Fourthly, I want to do a character update. Now, I know i said I wouldnt do this...but...

CHARACTER UPDATE

This one's for Charlie, the Reporter.

charliereporter.png

Charlie the Reporter is one of the lower-ranked journalists for the Raven City Times. He's been sent out on a mission to the Whimbrel Gardens as of recent to find the scoop on aspiring new trainers in the area--and to possibly get an interview with Warren, the famed gym leader of Whimbrel Town.

Of course, you as the player run into him, and he gets to oversee a confrontation that you have, and he sees your Pokémon battle and is very impressed. So impressed in fact, that he decides to follow you through the Emort Region League, getting you the information on each Gym Leader prior to your battle with him/her. Of course, this now explains the stalker-dude that you find at the beginning of every gym, and Charlie the Reporter now logically takes his place.
---

Also, we'll soon be doing another sprite update, if Aquakip gets around to it, but we want to know if you guys want another Legendary update or if you want us to continue where we left off in the dex.

That's about all I have so far....WAIT....one more thing:

Spoiler:

aquakip

Years
I guess I'll post a sprite?

fam1814330144iaza.gif

Famarin
The Salamander Pokemon
Type: Water
Ability: Soak

Famarin stray not too far from their water source, which doubles as their homes. They construct huts out of plants and mud, often in the walls of the embankments.

famevo7190432464iaza.gif

Tetramar
The Jabber Pokemon
Type: Water/Fighting
Ability: Soak

Tetramar are calm, peaceful Pokemon that allow nothing to puncture the serenity of their ponds. Monks often use them to aid in their enlightenment.

Famarin>>lv. 32>>Tetramar

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
fam1814330144iaza.gif
<3 and the part fighting type evo is a definite plus for me
Keep up the good work aqua (and the rest of the Perilhelion team), and how are the revisions for the Id, Ego and Superego, coming?

Years
Its all looking great, I like the new sprites of the trio, and the water salamander, tis cute

aquakip

Years
I'm going off of my usual routine and shwoing you a group of sprites later in the dex...like i did last time.

snoof1569530043iaza.gif

Snoof
The Snow Dog Pokemon
Type: Ice
Ability: Snow Cloak/Quick Feet

Snolf like to burry in the snow and hide from people. When you get one, you better be ready for countless games of hide and seek.

arctoof7376756538iaza.gif

Arctolf
The Snow Wolf Pokemon

Arctolf put others before themselves and will become a shield if necessary. They are extremely fast and good spirited.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 14, 2013
I'm going off of my usual routine and shwoing you a group of sprites later in the dex...like i did last time.

snoof1569530043iaza.gif

Snoof
The Snow Dog Pokemon

Snolf like to burry in the snow and hide from people. When you get one, you better be ready for countless games of hide and seek.

Arctolf
The Snow Wolf Pokemon

Arctolf put others before themselves and will become a shield if necessary. They are extremely fast and good spirited.

I'm totally in love with those. The color scheme is magnificent, as well as the concept and the shapes. I hope that Arctolf will have good stats. It would definitely be in my team.

Years
  • Seen May 3, 2017
Those sprites are adorable! I will make a bee-line to the arctic section of your game once it's released.

BadSamaritan

Gone Fishin'
Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2023
snoof1569530043iaza.gif

The fur's shading is quite boring. Maybe make a fur type of shading like Arcanine.
59.png

Not really, in addition to changing its shading style to arcanine's would make it not fit in with the rest of the sprites, its current shading fits it a lot better as a cute but tough pokemon. I also just think its more visually appealing with the colors that make it up.

aquakip

Years
MOAR SPRITEZ!!!!!!!!!!! MWAHAHAHAHAHA!

Yesh. More sprites is right. Hopefully you can keep up. ^_^

dulo2766972706iaza.gif

Dulo
The Dust Bird Pokemon
Type: Rock/Flying
Ability: Rock Head/Keen Eye

Dulo are very common in the Deserts of Emort. They travel in huge flocks, tending to shy from their larger evolutions.

dustern8642010192iaza.gif

Dustern
The Dust Cloud Pokemon

Dustern are known to be extremely fast. When one sees a Dustern, it is hard to tell where it's tail begins and ends because of the dust cloud it's kicking up.

sectravian6167196326iaz.gif

Sectravian
The Secretive Pokemon

Sectravian are rarely seen. Not much information is known about their kind except that they are extremely aggresive and territorial.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back