• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen What did you name yourself,your rival and your pokemon?Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ptzery

Skitty trainer
Years
  • Seen Oct 25, 2022
Me: Ptzery (Yep, just what I use for almost everything :t300:)
Rival: Mista (Because it sounds stupid...)
Pokemon:
Serperior: Tweegwower
Lucario: Invisibru
Golduck: PSYCHO!!!!
Unfesant: Plesant?
Weezing: *Cough*
Sawsbuck: Flowahz
Golurk: Bilbo
Zebstrika: Striker
Zoroark: Zoroark (obviously)
Terrakion: Terrance
( Aftergame: )
Tyranitar: Zybrnaut
Latios: Latent Guy
Cobalion: Stealer
Black Kyurem: Glaciator
Heatran: Eeruptor

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 19, 2014
Me : Guy
Rival : Hi
Oshawott : Starter
Riolu : Heydere

All I could remember (sounds funny so lol)

"Heydere used Aura Sphere!" was the funniest dialogue xD.

Years
If I remember correctly, my name is Vash, and my rival was Knives. Simply because I love Trigun and Vash is probably my favorite anime character ever.

I don't normally nickname my pokemon, but my Houndoom is nicknamed GIR, and I don't remember what I called Crobat.

Autaven

Gamer Girl
Years
Named myself Autaven - As usual xP
My rival's name is Liam - who is my bf in r.l.
I don't nickname any of my pokemon :)

Years
Character: Amaris, my real name
Rival: Cain, felt right for him.
Starter: Female Oshawatt I named Ariel

Pokes:
Riolu: Luca, I love this for a Lucario later on.
Pidove: Dove
Mareep: Thundara
Sewaddle: Lavender
Purrloin: Nyx

I actually like to name my pokes, for whatever reason.

Years
  • Seen Mar 11, 2014
Me : Nipple (Why not??)
Rival : Dipshiit (He got shiit for brain,and minus 1 "i")
Blaziken : Torch (Dont have to tell ya about dis)
Golduck : Psy'ched (Random name)
Magneton : Zed (Sound cool)
Flygon : Hex (It's sound badass)
Scizor : Pierce (Dont know why i came up wit this)
Fearow :Xlicer (Cmon, that sound cool, right?)

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
I refuse to use the male character in White 2.

My char: Ami
Rival: Fgt

Pokemon:
Venusaur - Saur
Carracosta - Tiptup
Umbreon - Solace
Chandelure - Chandler
Zoroark - couldn't nickname (N's)
Cobalion - forgot to change name

cxd

Years
  • Seen May 2, 2013
I usually name myself Ethan(it's not my real name, but I liked it because it was the default for the HG/SS protagonist) but this time I choose "Hikaru", maybe because the main character looks Japannese :P

Years
  • Seen Feb 20, 2013
Myself- Kid (a nickname that pretty much everyone calls me)
Rival- White (my brother nick name(we have always been rivals since Pokemon Red and Blue

Years
  • Seen Dec 2, 2013
Me: Sora (thinking about kh at the time)
Rival: Kaito (was tempted to name him Goku after watching the english trailer but he looks like a kaito)
Pokemon: Tepig (didn't nickname)

Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Jan 3, 2017
Me: Cat (Girl characters always look better like with pigtails and stuff so I go girl and I just like Cat as a name)

Rival: Ashley (when I was 5 years old he was a bully at school and now I get to pwn his pokemon haha)

Pokemon nicknames are stupid cause it evolves and then the nickname that suited the lower evolution doesn't suit the evolution.

Laylaw

"Smell ya later!" - Blue
Years
Name: Layla (It's my real name, so..)

Rival: Andrew (The name of one of my best friends)

Pokémon:
- Serperior = Junior (Because I chose another Snivy in White that I nicknamed "Senior")
- Bisharp = Stalfos (It's the occurring skeleton-enemies in the Zelda games)
- Sawsbuck = Mido (An annoying Kokiri boy in the Ocarina of Time/Zelda game)
- Gigalith = Knuckle (Correctly it's "Iron Knuckle". It's the occurring iron knights in the Zelda games)
- Glaceon = Wolfos (It's the occurring wolf-enemies in the Zelda games)
- Octillery = Octorok (It's the occurring red octopus enemies in the Zelda games)

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
In Black 2, I named my character Toph, because it sounds like TOUGH, and that's just what I am! My rival's name is Zuko. :3

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 29, 2013
name: brandon (my name)
rival:chespin (why not)
Servine: Lucky (idk just suits it)
Elekid: Mr.Wattz(Eletric measurement)
Darumaka: Dezy (idk)
Azumarill: Maria(idk)
Dragonite: got at gts it is korean cant read korean so yeah

AmericanWonderland

Sassmaster
Years
Name: Seth, it's my favorite name.
Rival: Mikey, not sure why, I just picked that name.
Samurott: No nickname because idk
Gothitelle: Rosie
Litwick: No nickname because I got him in a trade

Student D1

De-Wott?
Years
Hmm...

Name: Student
Rival's name: Hugh (by default)

My Pokémon:
1. Samurott - Wotter (I know that there is this "Nobody likes Wotter" meme but I didn't know about it when I was nicknaming him)
2. Lucario - Luke (May the force be with you!)
3. Arcanine - Arcan (I found it fitting for him)
4. Ampharos - Pharos (Originally, it was Ampha, but I didn't like the sound of it so I changed it)
5. Garchomp - Garchomp (No nickname... because I got her from a trade :knockedou)
6. Drapion - Drapio (I just found it fitting for him)

All right then!

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Well, when I named my character a few months back, I didn't really realize that I'd probably have to explain the name to my online friends I'd be playing with, and I didn't really think about it untill I had a battle with Alex. I named my character RQVHUL, which directly translated, doesn't mean a thing, however the Q is meant to be the letter ø, which I wasn't able to choose, in which case it'd be translated to ***hole. The story behind that was from a kind of a running gag between me and my friend, when he decided to play Sapphire. He'd never really played through a Pokemon game before, and the only reason he chose to was because he found out how much of a fan I was of the franchise. In the beginning he didn't take it seriously though, because he was in the mindset of so many others, being certain that Pokemon was only for little kids, and thus wasn't serious in naming the character. And thus, RQVHUL was created, which would turn out to be the name I would use in any other Pokemon game. He started having fun with the game and started taking it more seriously, and for some reason, and we just started liking the name for some reason. We pronounced it the way it was spelled though, so it never actually felt like the word it was supposed to be, which may be why we liked it lol. But yeah, that's the story of my characters' name.

I named the rival Kevin, which is the name of a really annoying guy that lives here in the town. For some reason, he always wanted to hang out with me, which wasn't really mutual. It came to a point where, whenever someone knocked on the door, I'd always have to check who it was before I went to open the door, which was hard to be subtle about, since there's a window on the door :( Eventually he stopped coming over all the time, and I was once again free \o/ But yeah, that's the reason I chose that name for my rival :D

As for my Pokemon, I chose either not to name them, unless I had a perfect name for them, if it was a Pokemon which either resembled someone here from PC or was one that they really liked, or whatever name the friend I mentioned earlier could lash out whenever he was over :p

zigazav

Fanfiction writer inactive
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 20, 2017
Name : Rosa (I like keeping names default)
Rival: Hugh
Starter: I never nickname my starters or legendaries, but I chose Snivy as my stater, to match with the animated BW2 Trailer I saw wth Rosa vs. Cheren.

Google2.0

Stand Alone Complex
Years
I named myself Ico because it´s my nickname (long story)
Rival: Steve for no particular reason, i just like the name.
Snivy my starter: Python (obvious why)
Umbreon: Nyx (the Greek goddess of the night.) also my favorite pokemon and always in my party.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back